Johnny Cocaine? Latest Vegas trip raises eyebrows

Status
Not open for further replies.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
manziel-money-restroom.png

LOL whoever posted that pic of him totally stoned took down their twitter handle.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
The only thing I do in the bathroom is something that nobody wants to see a picture of me doing, but it's also something every single one of us does daily.

You do that in the bathroom? I prefer to be under the covers ;)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well then I guess the argument has really nothing to do with JFF, b/c I'm never going to be friends with him, and I doubt you will be either lol

In general, I just don't care what people do unless its putting people at risk, regardless of its the garbage man or Cowboys QB.

What about your kid seeing the picture and asking you whats he doing? Whether you like it or not, Manziel is a role model to a lot of kids out there. But sounds like you're ok with that.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Unless JFF or any other drug user is doing something detrimental to others then, no, I don't think it is.

I feel like it would be a complete waste of time to lecture you on how buying/using/selling hardcore drugs is detrimental to us all, so I won't.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
What about your kid seeing the picture and asking you whats he doing? Whether you like it or not, Manziel is a role model to a lot of kids out there. But sounds like you're ok with that.
Well I'm not a parent so idk...but I will say that I think its important for parents to teach their kids to be able to identify right from wrong and make their own choices. If my kid is 21 making a comfortable a living on their own and does that, I can't exactly tell them no. Most every role model does something that kids shouldn't, its just a matter of getting kids not to follow them to a T.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I feel like it would be a complete waste of time to lecture you on how buying/using/selling hardcore drugs is detrimental to us all, so I won't.
Enlighten me. The only thing I can think of is the taxpayer money used to stop it...which doesn't have to happen. Other than hitting the front page of Dead Spin (why is that blocked?) and leading to this thread, JFF doing or not doing coke doesn't harm me or anyone else.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I know this is over simplifying.....but I can't believe someone is defending the use of cocaine!? Marijuana, I can see despite my disagreeing, but cocaine!?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well I'm not a parent so idk...but I will say that I think its important for parents to teach their kids to be able to identify right from wrong and make their own choices. If my kid is 21 making a comfortable a living on their own and does that, I can't exactly tell them no. Most every role model does something that kids shouldn't, its just a matter of getting kids not to follow them to a T.

That's where you'd fail as a parent, imo.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
It's the same base drug. Whether it's powdered or a rock it's doesn't change anything. The full name is crack cocaine for a reason.

I've met people who can function on cocaine....never met anyone who can function on crack

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Enlighten me. The only thing I can think of is the taxpayer money used to stop it...which doesn't have to happen. Other than hitting the front page of Dead Spin (why is that blocked?) and leading to this thread, JFF doing or not doing coke doesn't harm me or anyone else.

Are you serious? You know how much of a **** hole, we'd all be living in, if everyone had your cavalier attitude regarding hardcore drugs? Go visit Mexico or Central America where the cartel has considerable influence in politics and law enforcement. And when rich athletes use these drugs all it does is funnel more money to these characters.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
That's where you'd fail as a parent, imo.
idk, different strokes I guess. You can always tell your kids not to do something, but if they're out in the world living on their own as adults, they don't have to listen. Its not like you can ground them.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Lindsey Lohan's Parents said:
idk, different strokes I guess. You can always tell your kids not to do something, but if they're out in the world living on their own as adults, they don't have to listen. Its not like you can ground them.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I'm just tired of hearing these stories. I liked him but enough is enough.

You have to admit though, in college you wish you had a friend like Johnny.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Are you serious? You know how much of a **** hole, we'd all be living in, if everyone had your cavalier attitude regarding hardcore drugs? Go visit Mexico or Central America where the cartel has considerable influence in politics and law enforcement. And when rich athletes use these drugs all it does is funnel more money to these characters.
My attitude is to not do it, but not judge people who do. I'm not condoning drug use.

You're expanding what I'm saying into thinking that cartels are going to move into the US. I'm not saying the government should just turn away and allow drugs to be imported or just let the average kid grow it. But I'm not going to sit here and say that a 21 yr old doing coke and partying contributes to the erosion of society. I think there are much bigger social issues that lead to rampant drug use than that.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I've met people who can function on cocaine....never met anyone who can function on crack

Crack rock is made from Cocaine. It's the same base drug, just less pure. Maybe the people who use one over the other are of a different demographic that can control themselves better as coke is more expensive. Who knows though as what you said is completely anecdotal. Either way, crack cocaine is still as the name implies. It's just not in rock form. People like the take the first part of the name off, probably because it doesn't sound so glamorous then, or maybe because they just don't know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.