Twitter: Jonathan Cooper signs with San Francisco

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Carry on preaching the truth......it's moronic imo to OL in round 1...

It truly is. Not when you have as many holes as we have. And you are going to tell me we aren't going to bring in any veteran free agents? Or trade for any? So how do we improve? We have to find impact players in this draft.....the chances of doing that goes down by the round....i'm not using my biggest asset on that position.

Pants

Reaction score
anyone else laugh at how pathetic dallas is that Cooper went elsewhere???? my God

waldoputty

Reaction score
And he's still on the team.....so that tells me they still see something there.

Oh no...i'm not saying feel sorry for the guy or cry for him. He may not be able to play in this league. I'm just saying you know that either before that game or after that game. You don't make that decision based on one game.

And what makes matters worse....is that this organization and coaching staff allowed him to look that bad. They refused to give him help earlier on in that game and watched him.

So cry him a river? No. But he's a product of bad coaching and development. I'm willing to place that blame on the coaching staff not him.

He may be. That's something the team needs to determine. But its not because of skill. Its because of his body. If they don't think he can hold up....they need to find his replacement. I don't think that guy is at 19 though.

if you no good lt available at 19, you get a top g. replace a dominant lt and good lg with dominant lg and decent lt.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good. Stephen made it pretty clear we considered him a backup.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Braden Smith is going to be a 10 year starter in this league at OG. he may be around in round 3.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Braden Smith is going to be a 10 year starter in this league at OG. he may be around in round 3.
I won't claim to be a guy who knows much about the prospects in this draft but I see no reason why we can't find that type of guard in this draft outside of the 1st round.

waldoputty

Reaction score
And how do you get a impact player at your other positions of need? Pray you find them in the 2nd and 3rd round?

they already said 2-down mlb, so that can be found in the 3rd round.
2nd round wr
4th round lb and 1tech
the rest would be another ol, rb, db
no high-pick fs in the draft this year

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe this will put pressure on them to sign flemming?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
they already said 2-down mlb, so that can be found in the 3rd round.
2nd round wr
4th round lb and 1tech
the rest would be another ol, rb, db
no high-pick fs in the draft this year

So you reach for a guard because of a need in the 1st? Instead of missing out on a impact player??

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
anyone else laugh at how pathetic dallas is that Cooper went elsewhere???? my God

My take is the Cowboys didn't want Cooper. He had some moments last year but just didn't give them the power they were accustomed to at LG.

The answer could be moving La'el Collins back there, but they have to get a deal done with Cam Fleming or somebody else before that happens.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think Collins sliding inside is a no-brainer at this point. I think it's actually a better position for him.