Twitter: Jonathan Cooper signs with San Francisco

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Getting worse bothers me.

I'm fine with drafting a G high in the draft. Just hope he pans out immediately and doesn't get injured, otherwise not only did yiu not get better, you got worse.

See, I know that Cooper did a good job for this team. Far better than that joke of an excuse for a player in Chaz Green ever did.

But since he left, suddenly, he's "a bum" and it's "goods riddance" from the Forever Homer crowd. While Olawale is suddenly some "stud" that we "stole" from the Raiders.

Enough with the bull**** already. This team is not only not getting better, they're getting worse. It's not bade enough that they're not signing even a single free agent to improve, they're losing what they had, with nothing to recplace it.

More steps backward.

Well, instead of getting my panties in a was (did I just admit to wearing panties??), I'm going to wait until the entirety of the players acquisition period is over before rushing to judgment. As I recall, last year people were screaming about all the talent the Cowboys were losing in the defensive secondary, and it turns out the Cowboys had planned to replenish the stocks of talent in the draft.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a bit unfair. The Cowboys have done pretty well on offensive linemen. This current regime has anyway.

In the first round. Like multiple people have pointed out.

Let's see them do something outside there like others teams somehow can.

Green was a waste of a 3rd round pick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, instead of getting my panties in a was (did I just admit to wearing panties??), I'm going to wait until the entirety of the players acquisition period is over before rushing to judgment. As I recall, last year people were screaming about all the talent the Cowboys were losing in the defensive secondary, and it turns out the Cowboys had planned to replenish the stocks of talent in the draft.

Yeah, that Nolan Carroll signing was pure genius.

You're right, let's wait to see if they can top that one.

(Did like the panties joke)

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I don't know how many times fan said during the 2017, we miss Ron Leary. I have my doubts if anyone ever says during the 2018 season we miss Jonathan Cooper.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Leary. Never a first rounder, considered by many a third, fell because of a degenerative knee condition. Yes we had some stinkers before McClay took over. Between 2010 and 2012. We've cleaned it up a lot, Don't blame you for bringing up Chaz Green at all. We should never have over looked his injury history in college.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

So is Green a product of them not evaluating offensive linemen?

What about Jeremy Parnell, Ron Leary and La'El Collins? Collins was a projected 1st rounder. Fair enough. But Leary and Parnell were not. Cooper was deemed trash and they got solid play out of him too.

I don't think they've drafted enough outside of the 1st round to see how they develop linemen.
And even then....we see guys like Erick Flowers be top 10 picks and stink.
Tyron Smith was far from a sure thing when we drafted him. As was Fredericks.

I remember scouts being high on Martin and believing he can come right in and play.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Leary. Never a first rounder, considered by many a third, fell because of a degenerative knee condition. Yes we had some stinkers before McClay took over. Between 2010 and 2012. We've cleaned it up a lot

We have, but they do need to find some guys that can play outside the first round and outside of paying huge money.

As good as the line is, the investments in it have reached critical mass.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Well said, 3 first round picks are enough.
This all sounds solid thinking..... But did you read the thread about protecting our QB? Our starting OL vs our backups?

If, Dak needs a wall...... Then I suggest another 1st round brick

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So is Green a product of them not evaluating offensive linemen?

Certainly someone's misevaluation.

What about Jeremy Parnell, Ron Leary and La'El Collins? Collins was a projected 1st rounder. Fair enough. But Leary and Parnell were not. Cooper was deemed trash and they got solid play out of him too.

But wait, didn't you see? Cooper's trash again. A bum.

I don't think they've drafted enough outside of the 1st round to see how they develop linemen.
And even then....we see guys like Erick Flowers be top 10 picks and stink.
Tyron Smith was far from a sure thing when we drafted him. As was Fredericks.

I remember scouts being high on Martin and believing he can come right in and play.

I give them credit for the ones they have, but at the same time, you can't continue to pump huge draft resources into any one position group. And that goes for linebacker for me too. It's not sound and not affordable.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Getting worse bothers me.

I'm fine with drafting a G high in the draft. Just hope he pans out immediately and doesn't get injured, otherwise not only did yiu not get better, you got worse.

See, I know that Cooper did a good job for this team. Far better than that joke of an excuse for a player in Chaz Green ever did.

But since he left, suddenly, he's "a bum" and it's "goods riddance" from the Forever Homer crowd. While Olawale is suddenly some "stud" that we "stole" from the Raiders.

Enough with the bull**** already. This team is not only not getting better, they're getting worse. It's not bade enough that they're not signing even a single free agent to improve, they're losing what they had, with nothing to recplace it.

More steps backward.

I get it Chaz Green was a mistake. Should have seen it with his injury history. I get it. We will replace Cooper, relax. He wasn't a bum, he was average Jonathan Cooper. Just need average to replace average and that's maintaining the status quo. Not getting better or worse

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Certainly someone's misevaluation.

But wait, didn't you see? Cooper's trash again. A bum.

I give them credit for the ones they have, but at the same time, you can't continue to pump huge draft resources into any one position group. And that goes for linebacker for me too. It's not sound and not affordable.

Oh we are in agreement there. I'm not advocating using a high pick on linemen. Not at all. That's actually my stance. They've developed linemen good enough for me not to waste a 19th overall pick on one.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get it Chaz Green was a mistake. Should have seen it with his injury history. I get it. We will replace Cooper, relax. He wasn't a bum, he was average Jonathan Cooper. Just need average to replace average and that's maintaining the status quo. Not getting better or worse

I think I'll "relax" a bit when they do something other than watching guys leave.

But I want to get better, not just keep status quo.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh we are in agreement there. I'm not advocating using a high pick on linemen. Not at all. That's actually my stance. They've developed linemen good enough for me not to waste a 19th overall pick on one.

I'm not sure. They currently only have four now.