Jones & McFadden next season; Trade Barber

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jdub2k4;1500770 said:
Thats what having a RB with fresh legs coming off the bench against a tired defense does for you. But could Barber have had the same production or better as the starter?

I don't know, but I do know that Jones has not done much to impress me and at RB it should not take 4 years to prove yourself at that position, RB normally will show you right off the bat what they are about and unless Jones gets a hole the size of a truck he does not do much. He is inconsistent in his running, shows little vision in finding the hole and goes down easy after 1st contact. Barber deserves a chance to compete based on his play. I'm not saying hand the job over to Barber only allow real competition for the job.

MrMom

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1500775 said:
I just hope Phillips allows competition for the job. Barber has only had the chance to start 2 times and in 1 of the 2 starts put up 127 yards on the day. Can he handle a bigger share of the load? I don't know but I do think he has shown enough to compete for the job.

And in his other start he ran for 99 yards on 22 carries.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jdub2k4;1500782 said:
Both turned out to be pro-bowl, hall of fame caliber RBs. So what's your point?

BTW, Hambrick backed up Emmit Smith at one point, but he sure wasn't the second coming of Emmit Smith once he got the starting job.

Barber is not Hambrick and Jones sure as hell is Not Emmitt Smith not by a long shot.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1500787 said:
Barber is not Hambrick and Jones sure as hell is Not Emmitt Smith not by a long shot.

Correct. And Jones is not Sanders and Barber is not Thomas, which destroys the validity of the point Rack was trying to make. So thanks!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jdub2k4;1500800 said:
Correct. And Jones is not Sanders and Barber is not Thomas, which destroys the validity of the point Rack was trying to make. So thanks!

All I'm advocating is competition and I think it is BS for people to sit here and say Barber is nothing more than a short yardage back or a 3rd down back because when given the opportunity to start he has shown he can do the job as well. Jones has not been outstanding to the point that the job should just be handed to him in my view he should be forced to earn it. Right now I’m only hearing one RB making excuses for his play and that is Jones.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1500783 said:
I don't know, but I do know that Jones has not done much to impress me and at RB it should not take 4 years to prove yourself at that position, RB normally will show you right off the bat what they are about and unless Jones gets a hole the size of a truck he does not do much. He is inconsistent in his running, shows little vision in finding the hole and goes down easy after 1st contact. Barber deserves a chance to compete based on his play. I'm not saying hand the job over to Barber only allow real competition for the job......

All I'm advocating is competition and I think it is BS for people to sit here and say Barber is nothing more than a short yardage back or a 3rd down back because when given the opportunity to start he has shown he can do the job as well. Jones has not been outstanding to the point that the job should just be handed to him in my view he should be forced to earn it. Right now I’m only hearing one RB making excuses for his play and that is Jones.

Fair enough. We will see this year what Jones is made of. If he continues to struggle like you say, then he is out of here. However, if Jones is gone next season, chances are the Cowboys will target McFadden in the next NFL draft, and Barber will still be the #2 RB. But if Jones shows the speed, vision, and cut ability that he did as a rookie and proves he is the man, then Barber remains the #2 back. Either way, it is a lose-lose situation for Barber, unless he can take the job away from Jones this season or McFadden next season (assuming the Cowboys draft him).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jdub2k4;1500816 said:
Fair enough. We will see this year what Jones is made of. If he continues to struggle like you say, then he is out of here Chances are, the Cowboys will target McFadden in the next NFL draft, and Barber will still be the #2 RB. But if Jones shows the speed, vision, and cut ability that he did as a rookie and proves he is the man, then Barber remains the #2 back. Either way, it is a lose-lose situation for Barber, unless he can take the job away from Jones this season or McFadden next season (assuming the Cowboys draft him).

If Barber is given a chance to compete for the starting role, I like his chances.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jdub2k4;1500782 said:

BTW, Hambrick backed up Emmit Smith at one point, but he sure wasn't the second coming of Emmit Smith once he got the starting job.

What's my point? Are you slow? Try and keep up.

Doomsday101;1500787 said:

:hammer:

jdub2k4;1500800 said:

Nothing posted in this thread destroyed any point I was trying to make.

It's simple, the better RB isn't necessarily the starting RB.

Sanders backed up Thomas despite being the better RB. I didn't say the starter was bad, just not as good as the backup.

The point still stands.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Rack;1500838 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub2k4

What's my point? Are you slow? Try and keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday101

:hammer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub2k4

Nothing posted in this thread destroyed any point I was trying to make.

It's simple, the better RB isn't necessarily the starting RB.

Sanders backed up Thomas despite being the better RB. I didn't say the starter was bad, just not as good as the backup.

The point still stands.

Your point still stands....ok. So by the "hammer" animation, I assume you agree that, "Barber is not Hambrick and Jones sure as hell is Not Emmitt Smith not by a long shot." So therefore, you must agree that Julius Jones is not Barry Sanders and Marion Barber is not Thurmund Thomas, yet your rebuttal to my shaming of your comparison is that "I am slow," even though you contradicted yourself. Neither point proves why Barber is better than Jones. So, are you slow?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
You got yourself lost, Son. Go back and reread the entire thread. Slowly this time.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Rack;1500926 said:
You got yourself lost, Son. Go back and reread the entire thread. Slowly this time.

Nope. You are the one who is lost. Nice try, though. You called me "slow" because of a similar comparison that I made to an analogy that you created, in an attempt to prove that Barber is better than Jones. So, theoretically, you disageed with yourself.

You agreed that Jones is not Smith and Barber is not Hambrick, after trying to compare Jones to Thomas and Barber to Sanders. Try again.

dallasfan

Reaction score
Twyst;1500041 said:
Umm IM not a cowboys fan but that sounds crazy to me. Mcfadden would be an every down back and barber could handle short yardage, its an ideal situation.

EDIT: didnt see the if JJ has 1600 yards thing. If JJ gets 1600 yards you dont draft mcfadden

exactly, if jujo rushes for 1600, trade down and pick up a first next year again.

ENGCowboy

Reaction score
dallasfan;1501213 said:
exactly, if jujo rushes for 1600, trade down and pick up a first next year again.

This was my first thought when I read the first post if the Browns do so badly that we get the first pick and JJ gets 1600+ and Romo becomes the QB we know he will be then we trade down to 8-12 pick up a first for next year maybe another pick for next year and still take 2 first rounders in the draft, talk about turning the number 22 in the draft into $$$$$$$$$$. Hope the Browns SUCK!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jdub2k4;1501056 said:
Nope. You are the one who is lost. Nice try, though. You called me "slow" because of a similar comparison that I made to an analogy that you created, in an attempt to prove that Barber is better than Jones. So, theoretically, you disageed with yourself.

You agreed that Jones is not Smith and Barber is not Hambrick, after trying to compare Jones to Thomas and Barber to Sanders. Try again.

How does me saying Jones isn't Smith and Barber isn't Hambrick contradict my previous statement? IT DOESN'T. What in blue hell are you smoking, son?

1. I never said ALL backup RBs are better then the starters. Right? Right.

2. Comparing a starter and backup from one team to a starter and backup from another team has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH me saying the starter isn't always the better player. I never claimed Hambrick is better then Emmitt, did I? My god, there are so many bannable things I would really like to say to you right now. Just please imagine them.

Back to the original point, you said JuJo was the better RB cuz he was the "Starter". I proved that statement wrong. Emmitt and Hambrick are completely IRRELEVANT to the disussion.

Wow. :bang2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rack;1500688 said:
When did I claim that charger was MY charger?

That charger belongs to Mike Musto in Queens (?) New York. Mine is in the link, not the pic.

So much for your genius status.

Ahh, I see. It looked more like an attempt to take credit for someone elses work. (Still does) I will be watching your progress on *your* Charger just to see if you hold true to your word.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Rack;1501250 said:
How does me saying Jones isn't Smith and Barber isn't Hambrick contradict my previous statement? IT DOESN'T. What in blue hell are you smoking, son?

1. I never said ALL backup RBs are better then the starters. Right? Right.

2. Comparing a starter and backup from one team to a starter and backup from another team has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH me saying the starter isn't always the better player. I never claimed Hambrick is better then Emmitt, did I? My god, there are so many bannable things I would really like to say to you right now. Just please imagine them.

That isn't what you said. If you said that, then I would have agreed, but you tried to make it seem like Barber is the better RB because Barry Sanders back up Thurmond Thomas at one point in his collegiate career. There is a difference. And yes, Please resort to insults like you always do...I'm shaking in my boots...

Back to the original point, you said JuJo was the better RB cuz he was the "Starter". I proved that statement wrong. Emmitt and Hambrick are completely IRRELEVANT to the disussion.

Wow. :bang2:
Where? In your statement that Barber is the better RB but doesn't see the majority of playing time because the Cowboys don't want him in the game much? That made no sense to begin with. Try coming up with something factual. And I know Emmitt and Hambrick are completely irrelevant to the discussion. So are Sanders and Thomas, so I don't know why you brought them up in the first place.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jdub2k4;1501324 said:
That isn't what you said. If you said that, then I would have agreed, but you tried to make it seem like Barber is the better RB because Barry Sanders back up Thurmond Thomas at one point in his collegiate career. There is a difference. And yes, Please resort to insults like you always do...I'm shaking in my boots...

You obviously misunderstood. I was merely pointing out an instance in history where the backup was better then the starter. It's not my fault you got confused.

Where? In your statement that Barber is the better RB but doesn't see the majority of playing time because the Cowboys don't want him in the game much? That made no sense to begin with. Try coming up with something factual. And I know Emmitt and Hambrick are completely irrelevant to the discussion. So are Sanders and Thomas, so I don't know why you brought them up in the first place.

I said just cuz JuJo is the starter doesn't mean he's the better RB. You said that because JuJo was the starter that meant he was the better RB. I showed you an instance in history where the backup was better then the starter. It didn't prove that Barber was the better RB (that wasn't my intent), it proved that the starter isn't always the better RB.

You with me now?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rack;1501250 said:
My god, there are so many bannable things I would really like to say to you right now. Just please imagine them.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2: