Joseph Randle released

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The Murray/Randle scenario takes me back to Emmitt/Hamhock........Hamhock had some quality run when he was the backup. But, he let it go to his head......and he thought he was better than Emmitt. Well, Parcells got rid of Emmitt and gave the job to Hamhock, only to have him stink it up.

Randle thought he was better than Murray, but he wasn't......well, except at getting into trouble off the field and running his mouth......now he is unemployed and Murray is still a starting RB in the NFL. It probably pissed off Randle more cause he went to OSU and Murray went to OU, and OSU is OU's female dog on the football field over the history of the rivalry.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Murray/Randle scenario takes me back to Emmitt/Hamhock........Hamhock had some quality run when he was the backup. But, he let it go to his head......and he thought he was better than Emmitt. Well, Parcells got rid of Emmitt and gave the job to Hamhock, only to have him stink it up.

Randle thought he was better than Murray, but he wasn't......well, except at getting into trouble off the field and running his mouth......now he is unemployed and Murray is still a starting RB in the NFL. It probably pissed off Randle more cause he went to OSU and Murray went to OU, and OSU is OU's female dog on the football field over the history of the rivalry.

Well, let's be honest here. The issues off the field show stupidity. Claiming a running back that just broke the Cowboys' record for most rushing yards in a season and flirted with reaching 2k "left a lot of meat on the bone" shows a clear case of stupidity on the football side of it as well.

No one should be surprised he didn't flourish in his new role. I never understood that pick. He didn't do anything well. He was just kind of okay. I didn't get the love pre-draft and the eventual decision to draft him.

Junglist

Reaction score
It's a shame to see how quickly fans will turn and eat one of their own.
We don't know this man. He has a mother and father and children. He is a grown man who from the sounds of it is suffering from a mental condition that isn't a joke.

I never loved Randle as a runner but as a fellow human being I hope for the best for him and his family.
It's sad to see how people will be so cruel towards each other so quickly.
This is one of the bad sides to the Internet. I just hope this cruel herd mentality doesn't spill over to people's actual thoughts when they are not hiding behind the Internet.

I don't care if he has made mistakes or not. Everyone has. No one is better than anyone else.
Meh. He's not a Cowboy anymore, so I couldn't care less.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a shame to see how quickly fans will turn and eat one of their own.
We don't know this man. He has a mother and father and children. He is a grown man who from the sounds of it is suffering from a mental condition that isn't a joke.

I never loved Randle as a runner but as a fellow human being I hope for the best for him and his family.
It's sad to see how people will be so cruel towards each other so quickly.
This is one of the bad sides to the Internet. I just hope this cruel herd mentality doesn't spill over to people's actual thoughts when they are not hiding behind the Internet.

I don't care if he has made mistakes or not. Everyone has. No one is better than anyone else.

Would you feel better if I told you I've already lit a candle for Randle?

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
ESPNVerified account ‏@espn Oct 29
BREAKING: Cowboys' Joseph Randle faces suspension for violating NFL personal conduct policy. http://es.pn/1O9Tthp

Surprise surprise. Called it that something like this would happen this passed off season.

This is why we shouldn't have put any faith in him actually being our lead runner. This also makes us not addressing it in the draft and getting burned by Rawls that much more painful.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
I feel like this team no longer really has a "plan" and is just winging it at this point.

They haven't had a plan from the playoff loss and on. It's pretty sad when their only hope was putting it all on Romo and praying for the best.

This is a complete failure from the top down.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Instead of saying good riddance .. I mean good bye .... to Randle, instead say hello to Jarryd Hayne ... or Stephen Jackson.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Well, let's be honest here. The issues off the field show stupidity. Claiming a running back that just broke the Cowboys' record for most rushing yards in a season and flirted with reaching 2k "left a lot of meat on the bone" shows a clear case of stupidity on the football side of it as well.

No one should be surprised he didn't flourish in his new role. I never understood that pick. He didn't do anything well. He was just kind of okay. I didn't get the love pre-draft and the eventual decision to draft him.

I hated the draft pick....wasn't a fan of the murray one either, but at least he did some good things for us. Randle was garbage.

Aven8

Reaction score
I feel like this team no longer really has a "plan" and is just winging it at this point.

The problem is they suck at evaluating skill position players. Our RB's stink, our WR's suck balls, TE's are lousy, and our backup QB's? Lol

Witten, Romo, Demarco, and Dez were all brought in before JG was the head coach if that tells you anything!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is they suck at evaluating skill position players. Our RB's stink, our WR's suck balls, TE's are lousy, and our backup QB's? Lol

Witten, Romo, Demarco, and Dez were all brought in before JG was the head coach if that tells you anything!

Murray was after Garrett became the coach. I believe that was his first draft.

Aven8

Reaction score
Murray was after Garrett became the coach. I believe that was his first draft.

I think you might be correct, that was his first. I was doing the match of 4 years, and this is JG's 4th. Still he's gone, and what else? Street? Escobar? Swaim? Randle? Crappy fullback after fullback??

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Instead of saying good riddance .. I mean good bye .... to Randle, instead say hello to Jarryd Hayne ... or Stephen Jackson.

Nah. Stephen Jackson is retired. Plus, if the team is looking for three point shooting, there are better options.

Reactions: BAT

Kaiser

Reaction score
Good grief he was a mid 5th rounder. And a 4.5 career average is not garbage.

Also if you look at the 2013 draft and the fact the team needed a 3rd Down Back, Randle was good value for the 5th round. Not defending anything he has done, but if you look at the RBs taken in that draft it was smart of Dallas to wait and take him in the 5th. Le'Veon Bell is obviously a stud, but the majority of the backs taken in that draft were totally overdrafted:

NAMEPOSSCHOOLROUNDPK(OVR)TEAM
Giovani BernardRBNorth Carolina25(37)Cincinnati
Le'veon BellRBMichigan State216(48)Pittsburgh
Montee BallRBWisconsin226(58)Denver
Eddie LacyRBAlabama229(61)Green Bay
Christine MichaelRBTexas A&M230(62)Seattle
Knile DavisRBArkansas334(96)Kansas City
Johnathan FranklinRBUCLA428(125)Green Bay
Kyle JuszczykFBHarvard433(130)Baltimore
Marcus LattimoreRBSouth Carolina434(131)San Francisco
Stepfan TaylorRBStanford57(140)Arizona
Joseph RandleRBOklahoma State518(151)Dallas