Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Are Mahomes and Wilson options for the Cowboys?
Yea, that’s a big problem. All of these Elite QB’s aren’t available .

And why all you can do is build around a Franchise QB if you can’t land one of those guys.

It’s not our fault our frikin ownership over paid. But market price is part of the biz. In a couple years it will be closer to his pecking order.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Reasonable contract for the 4th best QB in the league.

1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Rodgers
4. Allen

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Are Mahomes and Wilson options for the Cowboys?
No, they're not. I just don't like the idea of paying market value for a good QB just because it's "his turn" to get paid.

You should only pay market value for things that are worth it. You wouldn't buy a decent house for the price of a mansion would you?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just because it's the new normal doesn't mean you should pay good QBs like great QBs.
And that's exactly what the Cowboys did,
I don't care what the rest of the league is doing.
That’s on our frikin ownership . They should have signed him a couple years ago.

But market price is part of the Biz when it comes to QB’s. It doesn’t necessarily reflect pecking order in the league.

In a couple years as more new contracts are done like this one with Allen, Daks contract will be more in line with his pecking order.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Drafting a QB is a huge crapshoot. Just look at the 2018 draft. Mayfield was the number one overall pick and he’s been pretty good but nothing special. Sam Darnold was the next QB taken and he flamed out in New York. Josh Allen was the next QB taken and he’s been far better than the two QBs taken ahead of him. Josh Rosen was the next QB off the board and he’s no longer in the league. The last QB to go was Lamar Jackson and he’s already been a league MVP. Josh Allen may end up being the best QB in that draft class.

That's exactly my point. Which is why when you have a top QB, you keep him. We have that in Dak.

Reactions: KJJ

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Here’s who were top contracts for QB’s in previous years before Mahomes.

Wilson, Ryan and Stafford.

And why Market prices is the norm in the league. Top paid doesn’t always represent pecking orders .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, they're not. I just don't like the idea of paying market value for a good QB just because it's "his turn" to get paid.

You should only pay market value for things that are worth it. You wouldn't buy a decent house for the price of a mansion would you?
If it was the only decent house in the neighborhood available , and it was the one you wanted or were sold on you might pay above market price .

Especially in our current market which is a sellers market not a buyers market. Houses are very often selling well above listed prices now. Demand is driving the market .

And in the NFL , franchise QB are in high demand. Before Mahomes the top paid QB’s in previous years respectively Wilson, Ryan and Stafford. None of which we’d consider best QB in the league.

The good news is these don’t hold up long as in the coming years new contracts will be done for much higher just like we are seeing with Allen today .

My hunch is in the coming years Prescott’s salary will be much more in his pecking order. In the meantime with his record signing bonus of 66 million his cap hit this year is only 22 million and next year low 30’s. Which I think most would consider more in line.

And if our dysfunctional ownership had not played it out these last two years with Franchise Tag we probably could have signed him for much less before his Rookie contract was up.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Why are you doing this? lol

Nobody gave Allen an excuse for anything. You need to chill, friend. You're getting fired up because someone thinks Allen is better than Dak, I don't know if you know, but MOST EVERYONE thinks Allen is better than Dak outside of a few delusional on this forum.
I’m not fired up. I also think Allen is better than Dak. I’m just bringing up career accolades. I just cracked my first beer brother so cheers to the weekend

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Paying QBs like that is team crushing.

The Jags, Jets, 9ers, and Bears are all sitting in a better spot with talented QBs on rookie deals.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What's funny is everybody thought Allen was just an average QB his first two years (30-21 TD-int. ratio) before a monster 2020 season suddenly elevated him into top five status. I just saw a Bills fan comment that Allen is getting overpaid after one year of being carried by Stefon Diggs.

However, Dak has had only one true sub-par season (2017) and even then his numbers weren't horrible. Who can justify paying Allen $258 million with his 2-2 playoff record and not Dak $170 million with a 1-2 playoff record? I guess one more postseason win than Prescott is worth about $88 million.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Paying QBs like that is team crushing.

The Jags, Jets, 9ers, and Bears are all sitting in a better spot with talented QBs on rookie deals.

Deals like this keep the QB in place but make it very hard to surround him with enough talent to keep succeeding. For the Bills' sake there had better be some cap friendly clauses in Allen's deal or else their window won't be open very long.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why is it well deserved? I am just curious as to your logic.
He says, "Well deserved," for Josh Allen, but this troll never will say, "Well deserved," for Dak!

This proves this guy is either:

A) Another team's troll
or
B) One of the Butthurt Romosexuals who hates Dak no matter what and will always side with other team's QBs over Dak on our very own Cowboys Fan Forum just out of spite simply because Dak forced his hero into retirement (5 years ago).

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What's funny is everybody thought Allen was just an average QB his first two years (30-21 TD-int. ratio) before a monster 2020 season suddenly elevated him into top five status. I just saw a Bills fan comment that Allen is getting overpaid after one year of being carried by Stefon Diggs.

However, Dak has had only one true sub-par season (2017) and even then his numbers weren't horrible. Who can justify paying Allen $258 million with his 2-2 playoff record and not Dak $170 million with a 1-2 playoff record? I guess one more postseason win than Prescott is worth about $88 million.
Josh Allen has never had a rusher that had more than 687 rushing yards in a season.

Josh Allen finished 2nd in the MVP voting and lead his team to the Conference Championship game with his leading rusher having 687 yards rushing for the year.
Dak Prescott has NEVER led the Cowboys to the playoffs without Zeke winning the rushing title.

Dak's rookie season is STILL his best overall season in terms of efficiency and doing what we needed him to do to win games. He's still chasing the ghost of that rookie season.
Allen has gotten better every year. The first year he gets a real receiver he finishes 2nd in the MVP voting.

Allen in 3 years has more rushing yards and TDs than Dak does in 5 years.

Things like that is why you can justify it. There's levels to this and Allen is on a different one than Dak right now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Deals like this keep the QB in place but make it very hard to surround him with enough talent to keep succeeding. For the Bills' sake there had better be some cap friendly clauses in Allen's deal or else their window won't be open very long.

Everyone was applauding Rodgers speech the other day when mentioning all the players GB let go. All I could think of is he wants his cake and eat it too. He wants all that money and wants the team to somehow keep everyone.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
He says, "Well deserved," for Josh Allen, but this troll never will say, "Well deserved," for Dak!

A) Another team's troll
or
B) One of the Butthurt Romosexuals who hates Dak no matter what and will always side with other team's QBs over Dak on our very own Cowboys Fan Forum just out of spite simply because Dak forced his hero into retirement (5 years ago).

Put Allen and Prescott's numbers and wins side by side and it's impossible for anybody without bias or a transparent agenda to say Allen is more deserving. Simple as that and that's my last word on it.

Flamma

Reaction score
As far as the Jackson camp is concerned, that MVP award a couple of years back is on his resume, and both Jackson camp and Ravens team are going to consider
that as a very high individual achievement and you can bet it's gonna be a huge bargaining tool in that new upcoming contract.
A question remains as when that time will come.
Depending upon their cap, Ravens may decide to franchise him one year before they eventually decide how much/how big a record contract to give him.

Ok, Jackson has two years left on his rookie deal. His 4th year and his 5th year option. So they can't franchise tag him until 2023. So I'm guessing they pay him now. They can wait a year, no big deal. But nothing after that.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A) Another team's troll
or

Or they can tell the difference from a Franchise QB to a bench QB.....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Put Allen and Prescott's numbers and wins side by side and it's impossible for anybody without bias or a transparent agenda to say Allen is more deserving. Simple as that and that's my last word on it.
I'd hope Dak would have better numbers seeing as how he's played 25 more games than Allen.

What weird though, Allen already has more rushing yards and rushing TDs though.