Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I’d argue Allen was already headed to that level. I thought he was an up an coming QB.

Did he make the most of it . Yes. And I’d also argue Buffalo has had a solid defense that needed a QB to elevate them further . Looks like they have found it.

I expect the Bills to be a contender for years to come if they can maintain that defense and surround Allen with enough weapons.

And I’m not sure Dak is that level of QB. Allen looks like he could become one of the Elites in the league. I’m not ready to place Dak that high.
The Bills defense was ranked 16th overall last year. That's worst than any of Dak's years besides 2020.

The 2020 Bills defense ranked 13th in passing defense and ranked 17th in rushing defense. They ranked 16th in points per game allowed. They were a completely average defense last year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Bills defense was ranked 16th overall last year. That's worst than any of Dak's years besides 2020.

The 2020 Bills defense ranked 13th in passing defense and ranked 17th in rushing defense. They ranked 16th in points per game allowed. They were a completely average defense last year.
But their defense in recent years has been more of a force despite the average numbers last year which honestly surprises me.

But again I’d also rank Allen higher pecking as QB. Just because a few Homers are all goofy-eyed over our QB doesn’t mean we all think he’s an Elite QB.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
But their defense in recent years has been more of a force despite the average numbers last year which honestly surprises me.

But again I’d also rank Allen higher pecking as QB. Just because a few Homers are all goofy-eyed over our QB doesn’t mean we all think he’s an Elite QB.
I agree 100%, friend.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I could not agree more. Herbert looks scary good.
I wish we could land a QB like those but unfortunately it doesn’t look in the cards for us.

Fortunately we have a QB who falls more in the next category as far as franchise QB’s despite his market price contract which shouldn’t be as surprising with our frikin idiots running Cowboys football .

It’s going to be very difficult winning here as it has been for the 2+ decades . I’ve been calling for an Elite QB for over 20 years. I think this dysfunctionally ran franchise needs the greatest talent to overcome our losing culture.

It wasn’t Romo’s fault and I don’t think it’s Daks fault either. They appear to be doing all they can with the talent level they have.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I wish we could land a QB like those but unfortunately it doesn’t look in the cards for us.

Fortunately we have a QB who falls more in the next category as far as franchise QB’s despite his market price contract which shouldn’t be as surprising with our frikin idiots running Cowboys football .

It’s going to be very difficult winning here as it has been for the 2+ decades . I’ve been calling for an Elite QB for over 20 years. I think this dysfunctionally ran franchise needs the greatest talent to overcome our losing culture.

It wasn’t Romo’s fault and I don’t think it’s Daks fault either. They appear to be doing all they can with the talent level they have.
I say all the time that If they Cowboys ever win anything it's going to be in spite of Jerry and be pure blind luck.

Then the next year they will implode because they have proven time and again that they have NO IDEA how to improve on good seasons.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Imagine where we would have been this era without lucking out on our last two franchise QB’s. We were looking at drafting Manziel and Lynch as 1st round picks . Great talent scouts here as VP and GM. Lol

We are doomed from the top down . I gave up years ago on this franchise finding another Aikman or Staubach. It is what it is. We just have to try and wing it on what we have .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I say all the time that If they Cowboys ever win anything it's going to be in spite of Jerry and be pure blind luck.

Then the next year they will implode because they have proven time and again that they have NO IDEA how to improve on good seasons.
2014. A great example of this. We looked like we might be contenders for years to come. But what did we do to build on it. We let our league leading rusher walk and considered not resigning our WR tagging him. And those Triplets never saw the field together again. Blithering idiots.

MikeB80

Reaction score
This is so disingenuous though. The Bills have a complete team which is why they have been more successful then the cowboys, not because Allen is playing so much better then Dak, he isn’t. I think Allen is a really good QB, and pretty much deserves his contract based on the market, but he’s also in a great situation which is why he can make deeper playoff runs. I doubt he’d be able to do anything much with the Dallas defense by his side.

this is disingenuous too. The bills were basically unable to run the ball at all last year. Polar opposite of Dallas. Dallas can line up and run whenever they want for essentially the past 6 seasons. If Allen gets a running game anywhere as good as the cowboys running game they might be able to beat the chiefs.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I didn't get through the first three posts, and I'm guessing this has become an AAD thread - "ALL ABOUT DAK!"?

Proof

Reaction score
He shouldn't.

Allen is only getting better while Lamar is kinda staying the same. He's still good, but he's not making the jumps in improvement like Allen has been.

lol. one has already won MVP. kinda difficult to eclipse. you realize trajectory isn’t easier when you start slower and don’t reach the same heights right?

Flamma

Reaction score
If it was the only decent house in the neighborhood available , and it was the one you wanted or were sold on you might pay above market price .

Especially in our current market which is a sellers market not a buyers market. Houses are very often selling well above listed prices now. Demand is driving the market .

And in the NFL , franchise QB are in high demand. Before Mahomes the top paid QB’s in previous years respectively Wilson, Ryan and Stafford. None of which we’d consider best QB in the league.

The good news is these don’t hold up long as in the coming years new contracts will be done for much higher just like we are seeing with Allen today .

My hunch is in the coming years Prescott’s salary will be much more in his pecking order. In the meantime with his record signing bonus of 66 million his cap hit this year is only 22 million and next year low 30’s. Which I think most would consider more in line.

And if our dysfunctional ownership had not played it out these last two years with Franchise Tag we probably could have signed him for much less before his Rookie contract was up.

His cap hit next year should not stay at 33 million. It will probably be 18 million. That's the reason they structured the contract the way they did.

Proof

Reaction score
Jackson is a former league MVP ..and who wouldve thought Josh Allen would be getting that kind of record breaking contract ?

yeah, FORMER. Allen only came 40 votes behind A-Rod LAST year. clearly he’s more deserving

Flamma

Reaction score
First year with Amari, Dallas went from 3-4 to 10-6 and Dak won a playoff game against Seattle. Then the defense got ran over by the Rams in the next round. And the defense has really been this team's problem ever since that game. That's why I'm hoping Dan Quinn can succeed where Rod Marinelli and Mike Nolan failed miserably. Offense hasn't been this team's problem since Cooper arrived.

The offense sucked in 2019 anytime they went up against a decent team. They were pathetic. They scored 10 points against the Saints. Couldn't move the ball against GB or Chicago until the games were over. Couldn't do squat against the Jets and were down 3 scores before they woke up. They put up 9 points against NE, 15 points against Buffalo, and 9 against Philly when it counted. The offense definitely had problems.

Proof

Reaction score
His rookie season isn't still his best season.

He's a legit threat to win the MVP and lead his team to the Super Bowl. He's already shown he can get past the divisional round at least. Young guy that has lethal arms and legs. He's a top legit 6 QB.

i’d love to see how Dak fares in a playoff game where his defense gives up 3 points. kinda ironic honestly that allen had pedestrian numbers in their win, and a pretty impressive game in their loss. it’s almost as if he wasn’t the reason they won or lost.

also allen’s 2020 and Daks 2019 are pretty damn comparable. so if daks “still chasing his rookie season” i guess Josh is chasing it too lol.