Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Josh Allen has never had a rusher that had more than 687 rushing yards in a season.

Josh Allen finished 2nd in the MVP voting and lead his team to the Conference Championship game with his leading rusher having 687 yards rushing for the year.
Dak Prescott has NEVER led the Cowboys to the playoffs without Zeke winning the rushing title.

Dak's rookie season is STILL his best overall season in terms of efficiency and doing what we needed him to do to win games. He's still chasing the ghost of that rookie season.
Allen has gotten better every year. The first year he gets a real receiver he finishes 2nd in the MVP voting.

Allen in 3 years has more rushing yards and TDs than Dak does in 5 years.

Things like that is why you can justify it. There's levels to this and Allen is on a different one than Dak right now.
Then explain why you think our brilliant ownership signed him?

Most Cowboy fans agree he’s over paid. But also understand why.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So Allen finally getting real receivers helped him break out?? Until Dallas traded for Amari Cooper Prescott was throwing to a broken down Dez Bryant, body-catcher Terrance Williams, and has-beens and never will-be's like Brice Butler, Allen Hurns, and Deonte Thompson.

If mediocre receivers were Allen's excuse early in his career, why doesn't pre-Cooper/Gallup?Lamb Dak get the same pass?:huh:

Flamma

Reaction score
His 150 million guaranteed starts the minute he signs
The portion that’s signing bonus he gets when he signs
The guarded years don’t come till they come and it’s all spread out over the contract but he doesn’t wait 2 years to start getting paid

Dude, I don't know what you're talking about. Nothing you said in this post is right. You, along with many other people on this site have no idea what a contract extension means. Nothing starts the minute they sign. That's a fantasy. It's not reality.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So Allen finally getting real receivers helped him break out?? Until Dallas traded for Amari Cooper Prescott was throwing to a broken down Dez Bryant, body-catcher Terrance Williams, and has-beens and never will-be's like Brice Butler, Allen Hurns, and Deonte Thompson.

If mediocre receivers were Allen's excuse early in his career, why doesn't pre-Cooper/Gallup?Lamb Dak get the same pass?:huh:
What's Dak done since he got Amari?

Allen has had Diggs for 1 season and took his team to the Conference Championship and finished 2nd in the MVP voting. What's Dak done with Amari?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'd hope Dak would have better numbers seeing as how he's played 25 more games than Allen.

What weird though, Allen already has more rushing yards and rushing TDs though.

I'm not interested in rushing yards by a quarterback. DiNucci can scramble with the best of them. I'm looking at pass yards, touchdowns, picks, wins, and postseason wins and there's really no great divide between Dak and Allen even if you go by the first three years of each players' career. I'm not saying Allen isn't elite and I'm not trying to force Dak down your throat because I know you're not a fan. What I am saying is paying Allen that much can't be justified unless somebody admits Dak is really looking like a bargain now.

I also want to see if 2020 was an outlier year for Allen just as many argue 2016 was Dak's outlier season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Allen has had Diggs for 1 season and took his team to the Conference Championship and finished 2nd in the MVP voting. What's Dak done with Amari?
He turned around the 2018 season after starting 3-5 finishing 10-6 winning division with best turn around season in Cowboy history to make playoffs leading to Daks first playoff win.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

First year with Amari, Dallas went from 3-4 to 10-6 and Dak won a playoff game against Seattle. Then the defense got ran over by the Rams in the next round. And the defense has really been this team's problem ever since that game. That's why I'm hoping Dan Quinn can succeed where Rod Marinelli and Mike Nolan failed miserably. Offense hasn't been this team's problem since Cooper arrived.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He turned around the 2018 season after starting 3-5 finishing 10-6 winning division with best turn around season in Cowboy history to make playoffs leading to Daks first playoff win.
Okay, that's nice and all, but that's nothing compared to what Allen did with Diggs last year.

A Conference Championship appearance and 2nd in MVP voting easily wins in my book

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
....did I miss something, is this the Dak sucks thread?

Just about anything here can be twisted into a Dak sucks thread. Maybe even one about Hunter Niswander's 52 yard miss last night. :laugh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Okay, that's nice and all, but that's nothing compared to what Allen did with Diggs last year.

A Conference Championship appearance and 2nd in MVP voting easily wins in my book
I agree. And Id consider Allen an up an coming Elite QB. I’d take him over Dak.

But you asked what Amari has done since arriving. And I wouldn’t describe it as “ nothing”.

See, that’s the problem with this agenda is it doesn’t ever list the achievements made before listing the ones not made.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Dak's contract is starting to look like the new normal like many expected.
right, contracts are a game of leap frog and the latest to sign looks disproportianate, people complain, and then they quickly get pushed back down the list of highest, never ending cycle. I wish my salaries were like that :)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I agree. And Id consider Allen an up an coming Elite QB. I’d take him over Dak.

But you asked what Amari has done since arriving. And I wouldn’t describe it as “ nothing”.

See, that’s the problem with this agenda is it doesn’t ever list the achievements made before listing the ones not made.
Oh, I'm not saying that Amari didn't make Dak better because he did. It took Dak from an an above average QB to a good QB.

I was just saying that as soon as Allen got a good receiver he became an MVP level QB.

Pentagruel

Reaction score

This is so disingenuous though. The Bills have a complete team which is why they have been more successful then the cowboys, not because Allen is playing so much better then Dak, he isn’t. I think Allen is a really good QB, and pretty much deserves his contract based on the market, but he’s also in a great situation which is why he can make deeper playoff runs. I doubt he’d be able to do anything much with the Dallas defense by his side.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I promise you that if critics would grease the shaft a little before cramming it up Daks butt it would carry more weight.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You need to invest the majority of the team's cap on the offense in order for Dak to beat Dog teams only!
And you have folks here that want a defense only and exclusively from the draft as let's face it you cannot afford great players in the FA market.
GL with that.....
Dak 666

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh, I'm not saying that Amari didn't make Dak better because he did. It took Dak from an an above average QB to a good QB.

I was just saying that as soon as Allen got a good receiver he became an MVP level QB.
I’d argue Allen was already headed to that level. I thought he was an up an coming QB.

Did he make the most of it . Yes. And I’d also argue Buffalo has had a solid defense that needed a QB to elevate them further . Looks like they have found it.

I expect the Bills to be a contender for years to come if they can maintain that defense and surround Allen with enough weapons.

And I’m not sure Dak is that level of QB. Allen looks like he could become one of the Elites in the league. I’m not ready to place Dak that high.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This is so disingenuous though. The Bills have a complete team which is why they have been more successful then the cowboys, not because Allen is playing so much better then Dak, he isn’t. I think Allen is a really good QB, and pretty much deserves his contract based on the market, but he’s also in a great situation which is why he can make deeper playoff runs. I doubt he’d be able to do anything much with the Dallas defense by his side.
Allen's season last year is EASILY better than any Dak season. He IS playing much better than Dak on top of having a decent team around him.

The Bills defense was ranked 16th overall last year. That's worst than any of Dak's years besides 2020.

The 2020 Bills defense ranked 13th in passing defense and ranked 17th in rushing defense. They ranked 16th in points per game allowed. They were a completely average defense last year.

Also the Bills leading rusher last year had under 700 yards rushing.

I don't believe for a second that Dak could do what Allen has done with the Bills. Dak has never lead us to the playoffs unless Zeke won the rushing title that year. Allen is leading his team to the Conference Championship and finishing 2nd in the MVP vote with a sub 700 yard rushing RB.