Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

Proof

Reaction score
No. But hes only really had one great season. Kinda like Dak. So what are you talking about? His rookie year was meh, his second year was good and his third year was GREAT!. So hes had one great season. Just like Dak. So I am just wondering why it wasnt ok to pay our guy who in your opinion had one great year, but its well deserved when Allen gets paid for one great year.

you’re short selling dak to prove a point that won’t even matter to this clown. dak hasn’t only had one great year.

Proof

Reaction score
It's comical.
Some of these folks would assess this type of total nonsense by the shade of wallet you carry.
:lmao:
It's mind-bogglingly dumb.

Notice Wilson or Mahomes are not mentioned.....conveniently, because the old QB narrative goes out the window where it belongs and has been for 20-30 years now.

Maybe that was not the implication, but there are a few here that always pull out that card or hat least insinuate it.

think you’re being mind bogglingly naive or obtuse. you can’t pull that card on mahomes or russ because they’re champions and unquestionably elite qbs. there’s no argument that can hold any merit to hide behind.

Josh Allen is an exciting young promising qb. so is dak, so is lamar.

Proof

Reaction score
I don't think the team was sure until after the 2019 season. In 2016, Prescott played like a franchise QB. In 2017, he did not. In 2018, he played the first half of the season (before we got Cooper) like he wasn't a franchise quarterback, then the second half like he was. In 2019, he played at a franchise QB level throughout the season. Dallas then tried to sign him to a long-term deal, but it didn't get worked out.

I know that there are those who say they knew back in 2016, but they are ignoring a strong decline in 2017 (from a 104.9 rating to 86.6) and a bad half of 2018. Maybe we could have tried to sign him then for a fairly low-ball number, but I'm not sure at that point anyone could truly say it would have turned out any better than signing Wentz did for Philly. When you are investing that much of your cap into a player, especially at that position, you need to be sure. Neither Goff nor Wentz lived up to being re-signed early by their teams.

yeah. his odd trajectory played a big part in the hesitation for sure, and i feel like that gets ignored or overlooked in the narrative.

Flamma

Reaction score
i’d love to see how Dak fares in a playoff game where his defense gives up 3 points. kinda ironic honestly that allen had pedestrian numbers in their win, and a pretty impressive game in their loss. it’s almost as if he wasn’t the reason they won or lost.

also allen’s 2020 and Daks 2019 are pretty damn comparable. so if daks “still chasing his rookie season” i guess Josh is chasing it too lol.

LOL he probably wasn't. People far too often talk about QBs like they're pitchers on a baseball team. It's not even close to the same. Way too much else going on in football. A QB wouldn't even throw the ball if he didn't have to. Does that make him better or worse?

Quarterbacks are going to get paid if team's want to keep them. Whether they are worth it or not is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is if the team wants him, and or if another team will pay him if you do not.

Proof

Reaction score
LOL he probably wasn't. People far too often talk about QBs like they're pitchers on a baseball team. It's not even close to the same. Way too much else going on in football. A QB wouldn't even throw the ball if he didn't have to. Does that make him better or worse?

Quarterbacks are going to get paid if team's want to keep them. Whether they are worth it or not is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is if the team wants him, and or if another team will pay him if you do not.

yes, that wasn’t a genuine statement, it was sarcastic. he didn’t lead them to the conference championship, he rode the back of his defense. and when he did have to carry the load, they lost. convincingly.

Flamma

Reaction score
yes, that wasn’t a genuine statement, it was sarcastic. he didn’t lead them to the conference championship, he rode the back of his defense. and when he did have to carry the load, they lost. convincingly.

I didn't think it was. It had a snarky ring to it. Anyone can win giving up 3 points. But I don't think he's the reason they lost either. It's just as hard to win a playoff game if your D gives up almost 40 points as it is easy to win when they give up 3.

Proof

Reaction score
yeah, that’s kinda the entire premise my guy

HotDog37

Reaction score
Josh Allen is a bada55 QB but I don't like the league structure and the salaries it's seriously stupid. If you make it before you get it you can't ever get it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
lol. he is that good, and wasn’t greedy. the team wasn’t shrewd enough to be as frugal as they were and it cost them.

Dak knew he was dealing with fools who would cave for whatever number he put out.

Swagger

Reaction score
Why are you doing this? lol

Nobody gave Allen an excuse for anything. You need to chill, friend. You're getting fired up because someone thinks Allen is better than Dak, I don't know if you know, but MOST EVERYONE thinks Allen is better than Dak outside of a few delusional on this forum.
I wouldn't waste your energy man.

Some people are just bias towards their own players, especially quarterbacks for some reason, that their opinions and assertions become irrational and delusional.

Swagger

Reaction score
What's funny is everybody thought Allen was just an average QB his first two years (30-21 TD-int. ratio) before a monster 2020 season suddenly elevated him into top five status. I just saw a Bills fan comment that Allen is getting overpaid after one year of being carried by Stefon Diggs.

However, Dak has had only one true sub-par season (2017) and even then his numbers weren't horrible. Who can justify paying Allen $258 million with his 2-2 playoff record and not Dak $170 million with a 1-2 playoff record? I guess one more postseason win than Prescott is worth about $88 million.
Ask yourself how many resources have the Bills and Cowboys each pumped into their offense for each quarterback?

Who was Allen throwing the ball to during his first two years and the Bills have struggled with their running game throughout. Whilst Prescott has had a better o line with All Pros in the group, threw the ball to Bryant, Witten, Cooper, Gallup, Lamb backed up by one of the best running backs over the past 5 years. They both had Beasley.

It's just funny that people can't give credit to Allen for playing at an MVP level because he actually had a good receiver for the first season in his career. So he's only allowed to play with average players yet judged on exactly the same lines as a QB like Prescott who has everything he needs around him on offense to succeed :facepalm:

Swagger

Reaction score
So Allen finally getting real receivers helped him break out?? Until Dallas traded for Amari Cooper Prescott was throwing to a broken down Dez Bryant, body-catcher Terrance Williams, and has-beens and never will-be's like Brice Butler, Allen Hurns, and Deonte Thompson.

If mediocre receivers were Allen's excuse early in his career, why doesn't pre-Cooper/Gallup?Lamb Dak get the same pass?:huh:
Because there were only what 5-6ish games in between Dez and Cooper not 2 years which Allen endured!

Swagger

Reaction score
Allen's season last year is EASILY better than any Dak season. He IS playing much better than Dak on top of having a decent team around him.

The Bills defense was ranked 16th overall last year. That's worst than any of Dak's years besides 2020.

The 2020 Bills defense ranked 13th in passing defense and ranked 17th in rushing defense. They ranked 16th in points per game allowed. They were a completely average defense last year.

Also the Bills leading rusher last year had under 700 yards rushing.

I don't believe for a second that Dak could do what Allen has done with the Bills. Dak has never lead us to the playoffs unless Zeke won the rushing title that year. Allen is leading his team to the Conference Championship and finishing 2nd in the MVP vote with a sub 700 yard rushing RB.
Spitting out facts as usual

eastsideboy

Reaction score
This is why you don't hit the panic button and just wait and watch the market climb. This is also why you don't wait to sign a player you're sure is a franchise player.
Weren't the Rams sure that Jared Goff was a franchise player?