Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do the teams with their QB1's coming up do if they don't re-sign them? Do what the Jets did?

These teams are not setting the price, these agents are. They know what options these GM's have and if a team is like Buffalo with the second coming of Kelly with Allen's popularity with the fans, good job done because that is part of it with some of these teams and I think BAL and CLE are in the same boat. The fans love those QB's and Mayfield has done an incredible job of immersing himself in everything Cleveland, even his commercials.

Not every team makes more money every year just because they exist, they have to market their team and what is the added value of a QB like Allen or Mayfield to BUF or CLE? It's priceless and both of those teams realize they cannot let that player get away. GB and SEA realize that as well.

With the Cowboys, you get something different because being the DC QB makes itself a little just because of the nature of the team and that position. But you have an additional little quirk that forced the Joneses to do what they did. Think we are the only ones that know they struggle picking that position? Think Booger doesn't consider what might be if he had pulled off that trade to get Lynch or picked Cook? Sometimes, you have to be grateful for what you've got.

And not one of you folks had a workable option instead of re-signing Prescott and neither did the Joneses. It was never a question of if but how much.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
so you dont care about stats only what you want to use...did the first 4 games last year not happen?
If you're not going to post the stats then I don't really know what else we have to discuss. You made your point. I said post em and let's talk about em and now you're trying to hide it away.

Honestly, that's what I figured would happen. You probably looked it up AFTER you made your claim, saw that it wasn't in your favor, and now you're trying to switch things up.

It's cool. That's usually what happens when people have biased opinions on things and base things off pure emotion.

"well if we go off stats then you must have Allen ranked 10th as his 2020 stats vs Daks 2019 are very close..."

If you're not going to defend that, then don't post it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What do the teams with their QB1's coming up do if they don't re-sign them? Do what the Jets did?

These teams are not setting the price, these agents are. They know what options these GM's have and if a team is like Buffalo with the second coming of Kelly with Allen's popularity with the fans, good job done because that is part of it with some of these teams and I think BAL and CLE are in the same boat. The fans love those QB's and Mayfield has done an incredible job of immersing himself in everything Cleveland, even his commercials.

Not every team makes more money every year just because they exist, they have to market their team and what is the added value of a QB like Allen or Mayfield to BUF or CLE? It's priceless and both of those teams realize they cannot let that player get away. GB and SEA realize that as well.

With the Cowboys, you get something different because being the DC QB makes itself a little just because of the nature of the team and that position. But you have an additional little quirk that forced the Joneses to do what they did. Think we are the only ones that know they struggle picking that position? Think Booger doesn't consider what might be if he had pulled off that trade to get Lynch or picked Cook? Sometimes, you have to be grateful for what you've got.

And not one of you folks had a workable option instead of re-signing Prescott and neither did the Joneses. It was never a question of if but how much.

What kills me is this "but Mahommes", or "Rodgers" or whatever fairytale they are dreaming off....like you said you either sign him or move on with an unknown those where the options..."why didn't we draft Allen" everyone would have been calling for his head after his first season.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If you're not going to post the stats then I don't really know what else we have to discuss. You made your point. I said post em and let's talk about em and now you're trying to hide it away.

Honestly, that's what I figured would happen. You probably looked it up AFTER you made your claim, saw that it wasn't in your favor, and now you're trying to switch things up.

It's cool. That's usually what happens when people have biased opinions on things and base things off pure emotion.

"well if we go off stats then you must have Allen ranked 10th as his 2020 stats vs Daks 2019 are very close..."

If you're not going to defend that, then don't post it.

your the one wanting use stats, i was refering your comment....you can post them...if you want how bout posting thier stats since Allen has been in the league probably gives a good median...make sure to include all game they played in....either post it or dont defend it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
your the one wanting use stats, i was refering your comment....you can post them...if you want how bout posting thier stats since Allen has been in the league probably gives a good median...make sure to include all game they played in....either post it or dont defend it.
You said Dak's 2019 was just as good as Allen's 2020, correct? If you believe that then why are you hiding from it? Post the stats for all to see and let's discuss it. Easy. If you believe it then stand up and defend your opinion.

Am I reading this correct? Are you wanting to compare career stats? Are you wanting to add 25 more games worth of stats to Dak and then compare them or are you wanting from when Allen joined the league 2018-2020?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You said Dak's 2019 was just as good as Allen's 2020, correct? If you believe that then why are you hiding from it? Post the stats for all to see and let's discuss it. Easy. If you believe it then stand up and defend your opinion.

Am I reading this correct? Are you wanting to compare career stats? Are you wanting to add 25 more games worth of stats to Dak and then compare them or are you wanting from when Allen joined the league 2018-2020?

No your not reading it correct...again I said why not post thier stats SINCE ALLEN HAS BEEN IN...make sure to include all games they played in that time for a comparison.

so from 2018 to through the first 4 games of 2020 would be it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No your not reading it correct...again I said why not post thier stats SINCE ALLEN HAS BEEN IN...make sure to include all games they played in that time for a comparison.

so from 2018 to through the first 4 games of 2020 would be it.
Are you sure you want me to do this? I just looked it up real quick and already see that Allen has 93 total TDs and Dak has 74.

That's already a 19 TD gap. Are you sure about this? lol

coult44

Reaction score
"Let’s look at the stats. Dak and Josh are almost identical. In some spots Dak has better numbers and in some spots Josh has better stats."

You said this and I was just asking what you're using to come to this conclusion. Career numbers? Season Averages?

All of the above. Season, career, game.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Are you sure you want me to do this? I just looked it up real quick and already see that Allen has 93 total TDs and Dak has 74.

That's already a 19 TD gap. Are you sure about this? lol

Hmmm
2018:
Dak: yds: 3885 td:22 int: 8 comp%: 67% rushtd: 6
Allen: 2074 10 12 52% 8

2019:
Dak: 4902 30 11 65% 3
Allen: 3089 20 9 58% 9

2020 first 4
Dak: 1856 9 4 68% 3
Allen: 1326 12 1 68% 3

The first 4 games actually are Josh Allens best four game set of 2020 so it works pretty well.

looks pretty close to me, Allen rushes more but Dak passes for more.

Last edited:

coult44

Reaction score
So, you don't mind comparing career numbers when Dak has played 2 more years and 25 more games? lol

That seems fair....

Dude how old are you? Serious? I just want to make sure we can intelligently talk about this before I waste my time. You can compare career stats without saying Dak has 69 career starts and Josh Has 44.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Hmmm
2018:

2019:

2020 first 4

The first 4 games actually are Josh Allens best four game set of 2020 so it wirks pretty well.

Ohhh, I see. You're just not counting Allen's 2020 because Dak got hurt?

That's awfully convenient considering Allen finished 2nd in the MVP voting in 2020.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Ohhh, I see. You're just not counting Allen's 2020 because Dak got hurt?

That's awfully convenient considering Allen finished 2nd in the MVP voting in 2020.

no thats stats how do i count games one didnt play? We can "project" i guess but then you would just say no to that..again what i posted are facts you can like them or not it really doen't matter

and as I said Allens first 4 game strecth was his best 4 games last year so it worked out for him.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dude how old are you? Serious? I just want to make sure we can intelligently talk about this before I waste my time. You can compare career stats without saying Dak has 69 career starts and Josh Has 44.
Are you going to post something or just talk about it?

If you're going to post career stats to defend your emotions then Dak playing 25 more games absolutely will sway the numbers in his favor. That's just common sense.

Also, don't speak of intelligence when you structure sentences the way you do.

coult44

Reaction score
Hmmm
2018:

2019:

2020 first 4

The first 4 games actually are Josh Allens best four game set of 2020 so it wirks pretty well.

Just stop!! *** did you find a stat that says Josh has 93 and Dak has 74??? If you’re gonna throw out numbers , you can’t make them up..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
no thats stats how do i count games one didnt play? We can "project" i guess but then you would just say no to that..again what i posted are facts you can like them or not it really doen't matter

and as I said Allens first 4 game strecth was his best 4 games last year so it worked out for him.
See, I can't do this now. You're just leaving a MVP level year worth of stats away from Allen just cause Dak was injured.

You're punishing Allen for Dak being hurt.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Just stop!! *** did you find a stat that says Josh has 93 and Dak has 74??? If you’re gonna throw out numbers , you can’t make them up..

When you look at those the whole "but Allen is getting better" Makes them look foolish for not saying the Same about Dak doesn't it.....Dak literally getting better each year.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
When you look at those the whole "but Allen is getting better" Makes them look foolish for not saying the Same about Dak doesn't it.....Dak literally getting better each year.
His best season is his rookie season still to this day, so that's false.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
See, I can't do this now. You're just leaving a MVP level year worth of stats away from Allen just cause Dak was injured.

You're punishing Allen for Dak being hurt.

no your penalizing Dak for getting hurt as he was on his way to a better year.....