Josh Allen extended by Buffalo

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Which is why Dan Marino never won a superbowl. It doesn't make him a less than awesome qb. Its just how it went down. QBs aren't always judged fairly.

True. I'm not going to under estimate what great QB bring to the table but you look at the HOF QB you will find HOF teammates whose role on the team played a big part in the success of that team. Aikman was great but then so was his OL, Emmitt, Irvin, Moose and Novacheck as well as a defense. QB needs people around him to achieve the ultimate goal. People will point to Brady and yes Brady is great but he went to a Tampa team that had very good talent both sides of the ball but had a QB in Winston who was a turn over machine, man threw as many ints as he did TD. Brady got them over the hump

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is why you don't hit the panic button and just wait and watch the market climb. This is also why you don't wait to sign a player you're sure is a franchise player.

I don't think the team was sure until after the 2019 season. In 2016, Prescott played like a franchise QB. In 2017, he did not. In 2018, he played the first half of the season (before we got Cooper) like he wasn't a franchise quarterback, then the second half like he was. In 2019, he played at a franchise QB level throughout the season. Dallas then tried to sign him to a long-term deal, but it didn't get worked out.

I know that there are those who say they knew back in 2016, but they are ignoring a strong decline in 2017 (from a 104.9 rating to 86.6) and a bad half of 2018. Maybe we could have tried to sign him then for a fairly low-ball number, but I'm not sure at that point anyone could truly say it would have turned out any better than signing Wentz did for Philly. When you are investing that much of your cap into a player, especially at that position, you need to be sure. Neither Goff nor Wentz lived up to being re-signed early by their teams.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's comical.
Some of these folks would assess this type of total nonsense by the shade of wallet you carry.
:lmao:
It's mind-bogglingly dumb.

Notice Wilson or Mahomes are not mentioned.....conveniently, because the old QB narrative goes out the window where it belongs and has been for 20-30 years now.

Wilson or Mahomes, does not play for Dallas. What are you saying in your post?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The bias that I am referring to is whatever you believe it to be. Certain players are more worthy, even if they both have similar resumes. Dak has been bashed unmercifully, for his contract but Allen's is celebrated. As far as his money is concerned, the Bills can restructure. Dak, on the other hand has drained the Cowboys so, that they are strapped for years to come.
how has he drained the cowboys? that's cowboys own doing. Bills gave Allen a new contract two years before his initial contract ran out...Cowboys exhausted Dak's contract over a million/year and then franchised him twice and gave him a new contract....different situations. imagine if we gave Dak a new 6 year contract a year before his rookie contract ran out.....

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never judge anyone, every one travels a different path in life and is confronted with various life decisions along the way...we all make our best for ourselves and our families at the time. to me life experiences count the most. My best friend barely made it out of high school, dropped out of community college, got into real estate business and he is multi-millionaire today. he just had street smarts and new how to negotiate...I learned a lot from him....you learn from everyone you encounter in life.
You could learn underarm farts from me.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how has he drained the cowboys? that's cowboys own doing. Bills gave Allen a new contract two years before his initial contract ran out...Cowboys exhausted Dak's contract over a million/year and then franchised him twice and gave him a new contract....different situations. imagine if we gave Dak a new 6 year contract a year before his rookie contract ran out.....

I am paraphrasing some of his contract complaints.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak's contract is starting to look like the new normal like many expected.

Those who dont understand football or QB contracts were told this over and over again. Looks like just ONE MORE thing the Dak trolls take a bath on.

However, it was nice to see Allen give his team the benefit of a 6 year deal. Dak would only do 4.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is absolutely no connection between any player having a ring and his compensation unless he received a bonus for that.

Aaron Donald does not have a ring. Matt Ryan does not have a ring. McCaffery, Henry and Elliott do not have a rings. The top 6 paid WR's in the NFL do not have rings.

Flamma

Reaction score
Jackson is a former league MVP ..and who wouldve thought Josh Allen would be getting that kind of record breaking contract ?

Before last season? Not many people. But after last season, anyone that though Buffalo wanted to keep Allen. Most teams aren't like the Cowboys. Teams that want to keep their rookie QB sign them to extensions after their 3rd rookie season. Mayfield and Jackson are soon to follow.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
It's comical.
Some of these folks would assess this type of total nonsense by the shade of wallet you carry.
:lmao:
It's mind-bogglingly dumb.

Notice Wilson or Mahomes are not mentioned.....conveniently, because the old QB narrative goes out the window where it belongs and has been for 20-30 years now.

Maybe that was not the implication, but there are a few here that always pull out that card or hat least insinuate it.

Sad if that was the card played as BOTH Mahomes and Wilson should be near the top in terms of QB pay so not sure why bring that up about Allen.

Swagger

Reaction score
No. But hes only really had one great season. Kinda like Dak. So what are you talking about? His rookie year was meh, his second year was good and his third year was GREAT!. So hes had one great season. Just like Dak. So I am just wondering why it wasnt ok to pay our guy who in your opinion had one great year, but its well deserved when Allen gets paid for one great year.
Allen only had reasonable talent around him last season and has never had a good offensive line. He has done far more with less compared with Prescott.

Watch the play off game versus the Colts last season. In my opinion only Rodgers, Mahomes and maybe Wilson on a going day could have also won that game. The QB needed elite use of their legs to escape the pocket and be highly proficient at throwing (including on the run).

That's why Allen is worth the big bucks.

conner01

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by this, but Allen will still be on his rookie deal for the next 2 years.
Not sure what you mean by this, but Allen will still be on his rookie deal for the next 2 years.
you are thinking cap hit
He’s about to get 150 million guaranteed
Each years cap hit is not really a big deal except to a teams cap
He is the second highest paid QB in the nfl with this deal

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those who dont understand football or QB contracts were told this over and over again. Looks like just ONE MORE thing the Dak trolls take a bath on.

However, it was nice to see Allen give his team the benefit of a 6 year deal. Dak would only do 4.
Allen's deal will not last 6 years, they will redo it by 4. Mahomes deal will not last 10 and both sides know it. Rodgers has 3 years left on his and he's getting ready to get that sweetened. Wilson might get the same.

QB contracts negotiations are different than all other players. How does it look for the overwhelming MVP to not be in the top 5 paid? Travesty. And that's about to get fixed.

Bigdog

Reaction score
daks got 160mil guaranteed? less years ...no trade clauses etc..it still far more then qbs above him..
Exactly and no franchise clause in it. When his contract is up in 4 years if he does well, he will reset the market again.

conner01

Reaction score
True. I'm not going to under estimate what great QB bring to the table but you look at the HOF QB you will find HOF teammates whose role on the team played a big part in the success of that team. Aikman was great but then so was his OL, Emmitt, Irvin, Moose and Novacheck as well as a defense. QB needs people around him to achieve the ultimate goal. People will point to Brady and yes Brady is great but he went to a Tampa team that had very good talent both sides of the ball but had a QB in Winston who was a turn over machine, man threw as many ints as he did TD. Brady got them over the hump
Teams win Super Bowls

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The bias that I am referring to is whatever you believe it to be. Certain players are more worthy, even if they both have similar resumes. Dak has been bashed unmercifully, for his contract but Allen's is celebrated. As far as his money is concerned, the Bills can restructure. Dak, on the other hand has drained the Cowboys so, that they are strapped for years to come.

Most that complain about Dak's contract are the same ones that applauded Mahomes and Wilson for it is not the color of the skin that matters for the QB but how far he takes his team. So I am uncertain as to why you inferred people have bias while specifically using Dak and Jackson as 'negative' reactions towards contracts yet use Allen as the 'positive' example as if in some way trying to say that people are seeing race as the motivator.......when I have NEVER seen anyone reference race but simply see QB's for their ability to lead a team to a Championship.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! In 2 years Dak wont even be top 5 in QB salaries.
He is not going to be this year, he's already 3rd with Rodgers, Jackson, Mayfield and Murray to get done. The name of the game is get your QB signed before you have to get him signed.