Just for Fun Friday: Hurts or Dak

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That an untrue statement. A fan can want to move on from Dak, and doesn't need to have a solid contingency plan. That is up to the franchise to do. I think anyone who thinks that Dak will improve at this point of his career is self deluding. We just will make things worse, holding onto a quarterback who doesn't perform in the playoffs but paying him the salary of one who has won super bowls.
It’s not untrue. Most fans don’t care about a contingency plan which is why they’re sitting on a couch and not running a football team. They would rather cut ties and start looking for someone else. You can end up in QB hell for years doing that. It’s not wise to do anything drastic at QB when you don’t have a solid contingency plan. Dak improved over last season. All he needs to do now is improve in the playoffs. If his regular season game can carry into the playoffs, we can go far. The same with the team.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
That an untrue statement. A fan can want to move on from Dak, and doesn't need to have a solid contingency plan. That is up to the franchise to do. I think anyone who thinks that Dak will improve at this point of his career is self deluding. We just will make things worse, holding onto a quarterback who doesn't perform in the playoffs but paying him the salary of one who has won super bowls.
who are we going to get to choke in big games if we don't have dak? you guys don't need a plan, just about anybody could do that. And when the new guy chokes, we can blame the defense, the OC, the offensive line, CD, and fat mike. I don't see any difference in finding a new guy, but I'm not in love with the guy like some.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
It’s not untrue. Most fans don’t care about a contingency plan which is why they’re sitting on a couch and not running a football team. They would rather cut ties and start looking for someone else. You can end up in QB hell for years doing that. It’s not wise to do anything drastic at QB when you don’t have a solid contingency plan. Dak improved over last season. All he needs to do now is improve in the playoffs. If his regular season game can carry into the playoffs, we can go far. The same with the team.
We can end up in even a worse quarterback hell keeping dak as well and letting the Salary Cap hell build up to the point where the quarterback isn't the only thing you need to replace. Like I said, it is not up for the average fan to worry about the details, it is up to the francise. But we can see we will eventually be in a more dire situation if we extend dak with even a worse contract. Also isn't one and done every year a form of quarterback hell as well?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Why not because he belongs to a bitter rival and I've grown to hate the guy and I would not want him here unless somehow Prescott was gone already and he was a free agent and somehow picked the Cowboys to play for but no way would I trade Prescott for a player I don't think it's better it may be a wash it may be a tie but there would be no reason whatsoever to swap for a rivals quarterback so yeah some of us actually hate the other team to a point where we don't want any of their players here when it comes to exchanging ones for our own homegrown players...
Philly is not a “bitter rival”. On their good years they are only kind of a rival.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We can end up in even a worse quarterback hell keeping dak as well and letting the Salary Cap hell build up to the point where the quarterback isn't the only thing you need to replace. Like I said, it is not up for the average fan to worry about the details, it is up to the francise. But we can see we will eventually be in a more dire situation if we extend dak with even a worse contract. Also isn't one and done every year a form of quarterback hell as well?
You better accept that he’s going to be extended.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
That's a big no no for me. Hurts can run but that's it. Dak is more versatile.

With that being said they're both frauds. If Dak could be traded then I'd do it for picks only.

GINeric

Reaction score
Yup. Hurts took his team to SB AND outplayed Mahomes in it

He already proved the lights aren't too bright.....our guy though? Not so much.
Nick Foles and Trent Dilpher took their teams to the superbowl and won the same amount of rings as Aaron Rodgers.

According to your logic, Dilpher and Foles were as equally as good as Rodgers, correct?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Nick Foles and Trent Dilpher took their teams to the superbowl and won the same amount of rings as Aaron Rodgers.

According to your logic, Dilpher and Foles were as equally as good as Rodgers, correct?
Anyone who makes it soley about the QB should be instantly disregarded...Romo/Dak both good QB's..idiot Cowboy fans..well Jerry anyday now will bring them the GREAT QB..NM he wanted Carter, Johnny Money, Paxton.. in that order.."We are a Record settin QB away....Again" or try this "if only our offense could be ranked #1 for the first time ever" or "Man why cant we have an MVP candidate for QB"..lol its almost a joke at this point...

GINeric

Reaction score
Anyone who makes it soley about the QB should be instantly disregarded...Romo/Dak both good QB's..idiot Cowboy fans..well Jerry anyday now will bring them the GREAT QB..NM he wanted Carter, Johnny Money, Paxton.. in that order.."We are a Record settin QB away....Again" or try this "if only our offense could be ranked #1 for the first time ever" or "Man why cant we have an MVP candidate for QB"..lol its almost a joke at this point...

That's the quickest way to shut haters/trolls up. Just make them provide facts to back up what they type. It's amazing than none of them ever have any credible facts to do so, therefor they remain silent and hide from answering the questions.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That's the quickest way to shut haters/trolls up. Just make them provide facts to back up what they type. It's amazing than none of them ever have any credible facts to do so, therefor they remain silent and hide from answering the questions.
I know saying that i believe as a Cowboys fan..Dak does need to go..so do all of the current players because once your part of the whole "28 years" thing with Jerry your done...our only hope is some kids win before his stentch changes them...thats just me.

nobody

Reaction score
He won't? He sure did this year. What makes you think he won't?
Because he's at least made it to the SB, meaning he doesn't choke every time. Doesn't mean I want him. Dak can't even do that so I definitely don't want him.

shabazz

Reaction score

Here's some logic....2-5 in the playoffs.

Somehow managed to have an even worse playoff record than Romo. LMAO.

Now start blaming everyone else.

Just own it and get to steppin.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
who are we going to get to choke in big games if we don't have dak? you guys don't need a plan, just about anybody could do that. And when the new guy chokes, we can blame the defense, the OC, the offensive line, CD, and fat mike. I don't see any difference in finding a new guy, but I'm not in love with the guy like some.
I hope the stans who fight tooth and nail in their defense of Dak have the nads to follow him to his next team, or into retirement, whichever comes first.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Here's some logic....2-5 in the playoffs.

Somehow managed to have an even worse playoff record than Romo. LMAO.

Now start blaming everyone else.

Just own it and get to steppin.
I can't take anyone seriously when they don't even know how to spell a persons name, or were too lazy to look it up so they get it right. All it takes is a 5 second Google search... There's no excuse with the technology we have today that didn't exist in the early 1990's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Dilfer

jgboys1

Reaction score
You’re not that far off when you’re 12-5 three straight seasons.
I feel like we just squandered three 12-5 seasons in a row and mostly because of bad QB play.
I actually think you are going to see this team take a step back next season, Dak or no Dak!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Philly is not a “bitter rival”. On their good years they are only kind of a rival.
Did I don't know where you've been hiding maybe it's under a giant rock but out of all the NFC East teams out of Green Bay Pittsburgh 9ers and some of our other rivals the Eagles I bet in a poll would be one of the top most hated teams by Cowboys fans and players they are a bitter rival they are one of our biggest rivals we've had and I don't mean what you mean by best years they've been to the Super bowl twice since 2017 and they were the only other team back when we first started getting really bad in the 2000s that were repeat it in the NFC East and lately they have been our rival our biggest rival and that's why I call him a bitter rival because of all the things that people remember we hated him for..

You don't remember them clapping and laughing when Michael Irvin went down that's the kind of team they are and right now they are our biggest rival in my opinion I bet a big chunk of our fans would choose them over the other teams that I just mentioned.... I get that you probably hate the 49ers and they are beating us down but we play the Eagles twice every year all the way back to 1960 and there's been some big time rivals going back and forth... I'm just saying they're a bitter rival because we don't like their fans either...

But hey hate who you want to hate but yes they are one of our most hated rivals in my opinion..