Just start over

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm a little less hopeful when the 4th and 5th from this past year (which was supposed to be a legendary draft) barely suited up all season.

Looks like Reggie Robinson is a bust. We had nothing at S, and CB was decimated, and he still couldn't get snaps.
We had depth at DE, so Anae didn't make the game day actives.
Biadasz played plenty, and will probably be our starting C.

Other than Robinson, the draft looks good. Lamb, Diggs, Biadasz, Anae, and the flyer on DaNooch. I'm fine with all that. You don't hit on every pick. Probably harder to evaluate players last year with The Disease limiting visits.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Looks like Reggie Robinson is a bust. We had nothing at S, and CB was decimated, and he still couldn't get snaps.
We had depth at DE, so Anae didn't make the game day actives.
Biadasz played plenty, and will probably be our starting C.

Other than Robinson, the draft looks good. Lamb, Diggs, Biadasz, Anae, and the flyer on DaNooch. I'm fine with all that. You don't hit on every pick. Probably harder to evaluate players last year with The Disease limiting visits.
I'd still give another year on ol' Reggie.
Maybe two.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'd still give another year on ol' Reggie.
Maybe two.

I assume Reggie isn't going anywhere, but the prospects for him becoming a starter are pretty dim.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut next year. We'll likely bring in a lot of DBs. He'll have competition. He'll have to beat them. He couldn't beat out 11 CBs this year to get a single defensive snap. 11. That's a lot. And the CBs looked awful.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I assume Reggie isn't going anywhere, but the prospects for him becoming a starter are pretty dim.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut next year. We'll likely bring in a lot of DBs. He'll have competition. He'll have to beat them. He couldn't beat out 11 CBs this year to get a single defensive snap. 11. That's a lot. And the CBs looked awful.
You could very well be right.
Darnit.

Mr_437

Reaction score
No matter what they do, Joneses are gonna drop the ball cause they are living in 1995. At some point the family has to realize they need football help.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The salary cap is about to drop, and NFL teams seem to be tiring of high-priced middling veteran players that are constantly nursing injuries and making very little impact on season results.

I believe, like many others do, that we are about to see a sea of salary dumps in the NFL in the coming weeks.

I think Dallas needs to be one of those teams.

Big contracts don't make sense on below average football teams. When you're this bad defensively, and your offense is this inefficient at scoring touchdowns, you're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Keep the young studs you have, but look to trade or dump everybody else. Start over.

My fan side wants to go after Stafford or Rodgers, then try to nab some key defensive guys that are available. But that doesn't really make sense.

This is a fractured and dysfunctional franchise that needs to be honest with itself for once. This team isn't likable in the least. It doesn't really care. The best players are not the most committed players. It's a house of cards 365 days a year.

End this.

All because you cant handle the Dak shame. :muttley:

But I do agree this franchise is screwed because of Jones. Its almost impossible for him to build up both sides of the ball. From where I am standing, definitely need to hold onto our top 5 QB. At least with an elite offense averaging over 30 a game we are in most games until the end. If Jerry can ever get his act together and draft defense then we have an instant contender.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well, your one of the few of us that recognize, but no one wants to realize or accept this truth.
Thats a hard pill to swallow.
I realize this but Im still infatuated with the drafting process and the hope every season,, what a fool I am.

Why would anyone want to rebuild an entire team when all we need to do is rebuild 1/2? And we are already one year into the rebuild of the D?

Adreme

Reaction score
The salary cap is about to drop, and NFL teams seem to be tiring of high-priced middling veteran players that are constantly nursing injuries and making very little impact on season results.

I believe, like many others do, that we are about to see a sea of salary dumps in the NFL in the coming weeks.

I think Dallas needs to be one of those teams.

Big contracts don't make sense on below average football teams. When you're this bad defensively, and your offense is this inefficient at scoring touchdowns, you're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Keep the young studs you have, but look to trade or dump everybody else. Start over.

My fan side wants to go after Stafford or Rodgers, then try to nab some key defensive guys that are available. But that doesn't really make sense.

This is a fractured and dysfunctional franchise that needs to be honest with itself for once. This team isn't likable in the least. It doesn't really care. The best players are not the most committed players. It's a house of cards 365 days a year.

End this.

Here is the thing though. If you take 3 years to rebuild that is fine because you still have a great QB in their prime. There is still another 10-12 years of great Dak. This is also the advantage of building around a QB, they have a much longer shelf life then the other positions so they are good for 3 contracts rather than barely 2.

aria

Reaction score
This team is in far better shape than you portray it to be. No offseason, bad DC and injuries just killed them last year. No reason to blow it up. The offense will be fine. Special teams took a big leap and was much better last year. The Cowboys need to fill some holes on defense and finally have a DC that looks like a big upgrade. I'm excited to see this team next September. They definitely win the east. Let's see what happens from there.
And the Kool Aid keeps flowing, you got the offense part right but that’s about it.

“Definitely win the east”? That’s a mighty arrogant statement to make. You don’t think other teams in our division had injuries or that they won’t improve as well? Oh, I forgot, there were only 2 other teams in this division that didn’t have an off season as well and both of those teams had new head coaches, the way you make it seem we were the only ones.

Our secondary is bad, our LB’ers borderline suck and we have no interior D lineman. A new OC or one draft won’t be able to fix all of that. We may win the NFCE but that’s not saying much and I still wouldn’t be surprised if Washington or NY wins it.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
This team is in far better shape than you portray it to be. No offseason, bad DC and injuries just killed them last year. No reason to blow it up. The offense will be fine. Special teams took a big leap and was much better last year. The Cowboys need to fill some holes on defense and finally have a DC that looks like a big upgrade. I'm excited to see this team next September. They definitely win the east. Let's see what happens from there.

You need to take your rose colored glasses off. Or, is that you Jerry ? The offensive line is a house of cards with the best players being aging vets who are getting injured and missing more games every year. This is not the offensive line of 5 years ago. Oh, and then there is the running back who is overpaid and slowing down and fumbling. Now let’s look at a defense that has no big body run stoppers, 3 linebackers where 2 are too injury prone to take the field and one who is just awful - 54. And we have no real safeties except maybe one we just discovered this year. The CB’s besides the rookie are just average to below. Add a retread HC who loses games with fake punts and not throwing challenge flags paired with a front office that can’t sign a decent free agent while giving big contract extensions the players that don’t play elite: like Zeke and Jaylon. Oh, they also bungled the Dak contract so badly they’ll end up paying him 40 mill a year. Besides those things, you nailed it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
All because you cant handle the Dak shame. :muttley:

But I do agree this franchise is screwed because of Jones. Its almost impossible for him to build up both sides of the ball. From where I am standing, definitely need to hold onto our top 5 QB. At least with an elite offense averaging over 30 a game we are in most games until the end. If Jerry can ever get his act together and draft defense then we have an instant contender.

I wish I could give this more than one like.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Assume the absolute worse.

Ignore how every team deals with the same thing.

Ignore how most teams are worse off in the cap.

Give up.
we have tried the build slowly through the draft and that didnt seem to work our top guys just got old

Seems reasonable.

ESisback

Reaction score
You need to take your rose colored glasses off. Or, is that you Jerry ? The offensive line is a house of cards with the best players being aging vets who are getting injured and missing more games every year. This is not the offensive line of 5 years ago. Oh, and then there is the running back who is overpaid and slowing down and fumbling. Now let’s look at a defense that has no big body run stoppers, 3 linebackers where 2 are too injury prone to take the field and one who is just awful - 54. And we have no real safeties except maybe one we just discovered this year. The CB’s besides the rookie are just average to below. Add a retread HC who loses games with fake punts and not throwing challenge flags paired with a front office that can’t sign a decent free agent while giving big contract extensions the players that don’t play elite: like Zeke and Jaylon. Oh, they also bungled the Dak contract so badly they’ll end up paying him 40 mill a year. Besides those things, you nailed it.

The truth lies somewhere between what he says and what you say. We probably WON’T be legit Super Bowl contenders in 2021, but we also probably WILL be better than 2020, IF we can acquire some decent pieces in the next few months.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LMAO!!!!
:lmao2:

Gotta love the hypocrisy from the Dak-hating Romosexual die hards!!!

They never once complained or ever mentioned "just start over", "fully rebuild" or "get rid of the over-priced current QB/players but instead bring in another QB/players"during the Romo years (10 seasons), including the 6 - 10 2010 season or the back-to-back-to-back 8 - 8 seasons (2011 - 2013 seasons). But suddenly that the Cowboys ended up with a 6 - 10 season mostly due to Dak suffering a season ending injury during Week 5 and other key players suffering season ending injuries as well, ooooh, now is the perfect time to rebuild the whole team, get rid of the high priced players and simply just start over?

I can't take it anymore. End this.

:lmao::laugh::muttley::laugh::lmao: