Justin Jefferson/Vikings agree to 4 year/140m extension

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Dang man. I get the hatred toward Dak.

But Lamb is a top 5 WR with guys like JJ, Hill, Chase.
Do you not see what the majority of this boards comments have as an underlining theme?

Majority are pro anti-pay players. Majority are pro unreasonable negativity. Very pro rookie contracts.

Its about shaming for profit.

Going further. Really question if this is all real. Seems super super convenient to have the two best QB's ever take extremely team friendly deals. They can all point the finger and say "Brady and Mahomes...the two best ever...took team friendlies". Way way way too convenient.

The whole thing is a double standard for profit. And posters trying to convince me that Micah shouldnt do a podcast to make money, but should be in the weight room lol. Everything is about wanting others to not make money. Weirdo stuff. Hateful stuff.

75boyz

Reaction score
Jerry said number 88 jersey sales need some more production.
Contract to follow.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You would think that would prompt this inept FO to move faster so they dont have to reset the market. Jerry is still waiting for Lamb's agent to call him though.

Chances that call happens now are pretty high.
GM Gethro said he can predict the market better than anyone.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I dont see Lamb getting the same deal, but IM thinking that put's lamb at about 33 million per season. He will likely also get a 4 year deal at that amount with a boatload guaranteed.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, it’s pick your poison right? Do away with the salary cap and the New York and California teams will dominate obtaining top players so you’ll get the same 3 or 4 teams winning every year. That’ would suck IMO.
The NFL existed prior to the 1993 CBA. It is impossible but I would be okay going back to what it was before that milestone--warts (i.e. labor strikes) and all.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
35mil AAV.
Guess that's the bar for CDL's agent.
CeeDee won’t get that much but will be looking for just below it. However, if he’s looking for the same deal or to exceed Jefferson this could result in a long holdout and possibly have to trade him. I don’t see that happening. I think he’ll settle for around $33M but that’s still a steep price when you take in account the other contracts we’re looking at.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The NFL existed prior to the 1993 CBA. It is impossible but I would be okay going back to what it was before that milestone--warts (i.e. labor strikes) and all.
What about the 4 teams dominating by spending unlimited funds on players?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What about the 4 teams dominating by spending unlimited funds on players?
Dallas would be numbered among those teams in that situation, in which case I would not care less. My fanship is entirely for the Dallas Cowboys.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas would be numbered among those teams in that situation, in which case I would not care less. My fanship is entirely for the Dallas Cowboys.
So you’re ok with teams having an unfair advantage as long as it’s the Cowboys? Hmmmm, OK.

jwitten82

Reaction score
CeeDee won’t get that much but will be looking for just below it. However, if he’s looking for the same deal or to exceed Jefferson this could result in a long holdout and possibly have to trade him. I don’t see that happening. I think he’ll settle for around $33M but that’s still a steep price when you take in account the other contracts we’re looking at.
Not sure why people think Lamb wont want as much as Jefferson. There numbers are almost identical, Jefferson has 700 mote yards, but Lamb could say he's been healthier.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
This FO always waits to sign causing them to pay more in the end. Had we re-signed CDee after 22 season he'd be around 25m a year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you’re ok with teams having an unfair advantage as long as it’s the Cowboys? Hmmmm, OK.
Yep. I used to state that exact thing as often as certain members here talking about Prescott or Romo--both here in the first decade of CowboysZone and The Site That Shall Not Be Named before it when I was a member there. It took years but I finally stopped talking about it every single day.

rambo2

Reaction score
Not sure why people think Lamb wont want as much as Jefferson. There numbers are almost identical, Jefferson has 700 mote yards, but Lamb could say he's been healthier.
The agents will want the same deal as well.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Their stats are very comparable but I think Ceedee will look at the situation we’re in with the other contracts. If Dak walks his numbers are bound to drop unless we hit big on another QB. He’s built some great chemistry with Dak. If he pushes to be the highest paid, it may force the team to trade him. He could end up on a bad team with a bad QB situation. Many years ago, John Jefferson of the Chargers forced San Diego to trade him because of money and he ended up on a bad Packers team with nothing ant QB and his career went down the drain. Tyreek Hill could be winning Super Bowls right now had he not been greedy and forced Kansas City to trade him.