Justin Jefferson/Vikings agree to 4 year/140m extension

StuckMojo

Reaction score
So good chance we end up with highest paid WB, WR and defensive player but can’t win a playoff game

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear that players with "super star" status in the league or purposely waiting on extensions to get max value.
Exactly. This is not a Cowboys issue you see guys like Nico Collins getting done because it’s an over pay. Overpay gets things done. You give Lamb 35 million the deal gets done. This hometown discount people think guys are gonna get are kidding themselves.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
I don’t care what Jefferson just got, CeeDee Lamb is not worth that kinda money! He’s a finesse receiver in my opinion and not a true #1. Stats can be very misleading. We got a few other guys that fit that same category. I don’t know if the Cowboys have a single player worth $35 million per, regardless of the market or position.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Wow!!! :omg: Jefferson signed a top 15 quarterback extension. Good for him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t care what Jefferson just got, CeeDee Lamb is not worth that kinda money! He’s a finesse receiver in my opinion and not a true #1. Stats can be very misleading. We got a few other guys that fit that same category. I don’t know if the Cowboys have a single player worth $35 million per, regardless of the market or position.
Me and you don’t determine what the market is though.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If the Cowboys don't have a single player worth that much money then Mike McCarthy deserves a raise, and probably a parade in his honor for the job he has done to get this team of losers to the playoffs three years running.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
The team that has won 3 SB's in the last 5 years decided to trade away the best receiver in football rather than go down a path like this.

Nothing against CD or players getting market value. Just saying you don't have to make everyone the highest paid to win championships. In fact, I could argue teams that have multiple highly paid players rarely accomplish the goal.
Generally, I would agree with your argument. But the counter-argument to that is that we don't have a Patrick Maholmes-type QB on our team. Some QBs can excel with what they have. Brady did it for years in New England. Even Romo elevated guys like Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd, Miles Austin, and Laurent Robinson. In our situation, our QB needs to be surrounded by not only CD but a handful of other top tier receivers.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep. I used to state that exact thing as often as certain members here talking about Prescott or Romo--both here in the first decade of CowboysZone and The Site That Shall Not Be Named before it when I was a member there. It took years but I finally stopped talking about it every single day.
Thanks for your honesty.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Generally, I would agree with your argument. But the counter-argument to that is that we don't have a Patrick Maholmes-type QB on our team. Some QBs can excel with what they have. Brady did it for years in New England. Even Romo elevated guys like Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd, Miles Austin, and Laurent Robinson. In our situation, our QB needs to be surrounded by not only CD but a handful of other top tier receivers.
I agree having the most important position covered gives you flexibility other teams don't have. Just saying that some teams have won without having the shiniest at every position.

rambo2

Reaction score
He is certainly worth the money. He is outstanding and the new contract will open up some cap space. His deal will be done soon.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Well, it’s pick your poison right? Do away with the salary cap and the New York and California teams will dominate obtaining top players so you’ll get the same 3 or 4 teams winning every year. That’ would suck IMO.
Can you provide some examples of the NY and California teams dominating pre-salary cap? The 49's are the only team I can think of but is San Francisco even a "big market" team on the level of the Jets, Giants and Rams?

Were the Steelers, Bill's, Vikings and Broncos buying success when they went on 4ish year runs of dominance?

Do "small market" teams even exist now with the revenue sharing model in place?

I don't think you thought this through Rocky. You seem to have swallowed hook, line and sinker the hogwash sold to you about parity. The reality is, the cap is far more about cost control benefitting the owners than it is about parity and fairness.

Last edited:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Nothing against Lamb, (although it can't be denied he has come up small in the playoffs along with others), but WR is a position I wouldn't break the bank on. There is plenty of history that suggests it's a mistake.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Does anyone think the Cowboys don't intend on signing Lamb? That is possible.
Then they should trade him.
Next season is a waste anyway.
Trade Parsons too, the way the use him at DE he probably is going to wear down.