Twitter: Kazee to visit Cowboys

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Kazee can definitely take it to the house when he gets his hands on the ball.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I love the idea of taking a rangy safety in the draft, too. I really like the TCU safety Mohrig, myself, though he would have to be a trade back - from 10 - or trade up from the second round guy.
What range is Holland projected to go?

I'd like Moehrig in a trade down. He's my top choice. Holland looks to be somewhere in the late 2 into 3rd round range from the mock drafts that I do. My guess, based on that, is we should be able to get him with our first of 2 3rd round picks.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not mad at it but what's up with a guy like Malik Hooker?
In fairness, people like me get all over the team for ignoring injuries, so I can't exactly bang the table for this guy to be the FS solution.

Besides, you'd figure Quinn wants at least one of his former guys starting, so I'd guess Kazee is all but a done deal.

He has to "visit."

Unless he has an objection to the best of the best facilities, I can't see why he would decline.

They must be in the same ball park money wise or the visit wouldn't happen.

I think Hooker is a better player, but his injuries aren't likely to stop. Bob Sanders clone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In fairness, people like me get all over the team for ignoring injuries, so I can't exactly bang the table for this guy to be the FS solution.

Besides, you'd figure Quinn wants at least one of his former guys starting, so I'd guess Kazee is all but a done deal.

He has to "visit."

Unless he has an objection to the best of the best facilities, I can't see why he would decline.

They must be in the same ball park money wise or the visit wouldn't happen.

I think Hooker is a better player, but his injuries aren't likely to stop. Bob Sanders clone.
Oh I agree with you. I'm not looking for him to be the solution. I'm just kicking the tires because I feel like he'd be cheap.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'd like Moehrig in a trade down. He's my top choice. Holland looks to be somewhere in the late 2 into 3rd round range from the mock drafts that I do. My guess, based on that, is we should be able to get him with our first of 2 3rd round picks.
I'm with you there.

Moehrig looks and plays exactly what I want in a centerfielder.

Whether Dan Quinn agree remains to be seen lol.

I also think the gap between him and Grant is larger than some may think, and Moehrig is the only day one starter.

Local kid too.

I honestly be ok if they took him at 10, assuming a deal down isn't available. "Value" means crap after the fact. Think TFred.

If he solves the decade and a half long problem, it'll be well worth it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Oh I agree with you. I'm not looking for him to be the solution. I'm just kicking the tires because I feel like he'd be cheap.
He may be one of those dudes who thinks he ought to get more than he does.

He is a really good player and if he feels like he is healthy he may be a guy that holds out for the highest offer right up until camp.

Just a guess, but they obviously know the price on both, and Kazee is the one coming in.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not excited about someone fresh off a torn Achilles
I agree with you. From what I've seen in the past, most players can come back from the injury but most are not the same player. There are exceptions and I think that's why Dallas is bringing him in next week to get a look for themselves. For his case, and the Cowboys, I hope he's the same player but I'm not getting my hopes up yet on this guy.

https://www.aaos.org/aaosnow/2020/aaos-now-special-edition/research/research17/
In terms of return to play, drafted athletes returned at a rate of 61.54 percent (n = 40/65). The return rate was lower for undrafted athletes, at 52.78 percent (n = 19/36). Of the rookies with AT ruptures, 42.11 percent returned to play in the NFL, whereas 62.20 percent of veteran players with ruptures came back after injury. The average draft pick of those with a career-ending injury was 106. Those who continued to play after injury averaged a draft pick of 93.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm with you there.

Moehrig looks and plays exactly what I want in a centerfielder.

Whether Dan Quinn agree remains to be seen lol.

I also think the gap between him and Grant is larger than some may think, and Moehrig is the only day one starter.

Local kid too.

I honestly be ok if they took him at 10, assuming a deal down isn't available. "Value" means crap after the fact. Think TFred.

If he solves the decade and a half long problem, it'll be well worth it.

Indeed, that it remains to be seen. I actually am also for taking him at 10. If we can't get a trade down and if I was the FO, I would take Moehrig at 10 as a matter of fact. The reason is because he's the best safety in the draft, and, outside of Holland and Grant, there isn't much else in terms of ready to play safeties that can start day 1 if needed. The rest are projects.

As for Holland, let me show you him:

He's 6'1 and 201 lbs.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Kazee would be a nice signing. He could be a bridge starter until a draft pick is ready.

I think a deal would probably be done already if not for the achilles. The meeting next week is probably to take a physical; if he checks out medically he'll probably be a Cowboy. The Quinn/Whitt connection means Kazee can also help his fellow DB's with the new scheme too.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Not mad at it but what's up with a guy like Malik Hooker?

I agree, they are both coming off Achilles injuries. I would prefer rolling the dice on Hooker, but i guess Kazee has the inside track due to his past relationship with Quinn. Hook me up with Hooker, please. and Hook 'em Horns.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Indeed, that it remains to be seen. I actually am also for taking him at 10. If we can't get a trade down and if I was the FO, I would take Moehrig at 10 as a matter of fact. The reason is because he's the best safety in the draft, and, outside of Holland and Grant, there isn't much else in terms of ready to play safeties that can start day 1 if needed. The rest are projects.

As for Holland, let me show you him:

He's 6'1 and 201 lbs.

Wouldn't be against Holland at all, I just see Moehrig as a definite day one starter in the NFL and the rest are maybe.

There looks to be more QBs ready to start day one than safeties lol.

Back to topic....I'd have been fine with the FA approach if they signed a legit higher end safety, but just as happy if they end up with Moehrig, so I'll just go back to hoping rather than being POed lol.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wouldn't be against Holland at all, I just see Moehrig as a definite day one starter in the NFL and the rest are maybe.

There looks to be more QBs ready to start day one than safeties lol.

Back to topic....I'd have been fine with the FA approach if they signed a legit higher end safety, but just as happy if they end up with Moehrig, so I'll just go back to hoping rather than being POed lol.

I get that, and Moehrig is definitely my top choice. As for Holland, he's a ballhawk, and he doubles as a PR as well. So, if we sign Kazee and we need to let Holland develop at S, then we can get him playing time as a PR and KR.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I get that, and Moehrig is definitely my top choice. As for Holland, he's a ballhawk, and he doubles as a PR as well. So, if we sign Kazee and we need to let Holland develop at S, then we can get him playing time as a PR and KR.
They actually look very similar in terms of body type and not being afraid to make a play on the ball.

So the Kazee Holland combo may make a bunch of sense and is probably much more likely.

I dont see the team pulling the trigger on Moehrig at 10, and there's no way he gets to 44.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They actually look very similar in terms of body type and not being afraid to make a play on the ball.

So the Kazee Holland combo may make a bunch of sense and is probably much more likely.

I dont see the team pulling the trigger on Moehrig at 10, and there's no way he gets to 44.

That's my thought. I know Jerry's not afraid to reach if needed, but I don't think he will, and since when has he taken a S in the first round? Much less at 10 or better? So, just in the history of JJ tells me that, unless we get a trade down, I doubt we'll be drafting safety first round. This means that Holland is the next best option for us from what I see.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Yeah, Im a little skeptical about Kazee. Like the player but having a real hard time thinking he would be the bridge player at Safety coming off a ruptured Achilles. 2 years removed - different story, but 1st year....i dont know man. But we all know this is exactly what Dallas MO is.
Again, solid player when healthy - but he's not.