Twitter: KC: Dak must reach playoffs consistently if he's paid premium QB money

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I only sound like an idiot to you because you aren't paying attention to league trends or even the Romo era.

Like ABQ just said.. We've seen this movie before. We have the answers to the test. Pay attention this time when Jerry does the stupid thing and pays Dak please.

ABQ still has a little faith in the Jones's I think to do the right thing. After Zeke I do not. They are going to lock us down into mediocrity because Dak is a good face for their brand and keeping it relevant. That's all they care about.

I don’t even think the Jones think they can do it.
It’s a culmination of issues now.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah Dak can win us that 1 wildcard Sunday game that we clearly outmatched our opponent in.

Back up the brinks truck for that.

I have no idea but did the Bengals ever go into a playoff game where they were clearly better than their opponent like we were in Seattle?

Dak was 22-33 for 226 1 TD and 1 INT
Russ was 18-27 for 233 and 1 TD

In the playoffs. And we werent better than Seattle. Seattle had the best rushing attack that season in the NFL. Not the NFC the NFL. Stop making excuses and just give the guy credit. You are like a spurned ex girlfriend who says their ex is the whole reason the relationship ended. Grow up

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If it's terrible then sign me up for terrible so we can draft a guy like Trevor Lawrence.

I'd rather be terrible than mediocre.

I'm tired of being mediocre and the last time this team was winning Titles our QB didn't come on day 3 of the draft or undrafted.

Stop bargain shopping and go get a stud.

If they are normal or suck then go get another.

Then we should draft a QB at 10 and hope for the best.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t even think the Jones think they can do it.
It’s a culmination of issues now.

lol I know right..

I think fans on this forum have more faith in the Jones's to build a winner with a QB under contract than they do.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak was 22-33 for 226 1 TD and 1 INT
Russ was 18-27 for 233 and 1 TD

Seems to me. Dak did out play Russ. But you will say whatever you want to try and be right. Unfortunately you're not.

If you blame Dak for losses he gets credit for wins. Unless you admit W/L is not a QB stat. In which I agree. But you wont because that goes against your agenda.

So if you look at the stats. Dak out played Russ. Period.

Again, all this does not change the fact that the Cowboys scored 14 points in the fourth quarter, when Dallas made Elliott the primary focus of the offense, otherwise the Cowboys were losing.

During that stretch, Mr. Big arm Dak Prescott was essentially 3-6, including an INT almost giving up the game, but OK.. Dak carried them.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Then we should draft a QB at 10 and hope for the best.

After Sam Bradford these Rookie QB contracts got a lot friendlier.

You can tell Josh Rosen and Dwayne Haskins goodbye after a year and it's no big deal.

Used to if you would draft Ryan Leaf or Joey Harrington they got paid like they were an elite player and it was cap killing if they didn't pan out.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Again, all this does not change the fact that the Cowboys scored 14 points in the fourth quarter, when Dallas made Elliott the primary focus of the offense, otherwise the Cowboys were losing.
Im sorry. I dont argue with stupid.

You're the type that Dak could win a lombardi and Superbowl MVP and you would say it was the grass, or the lighting, or anything that isnt Dak because you just cant get over yourself. Have a great day. I remember now why i ignored you.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That’s basically 4-5 million a year. It’s probably 1 good player or a couple backups . And that based on 2021 cap. As the Cap increases it will have less impact.

But depending on what caliber player that 4-5 million a year is it could be impactful . But possibly not as much if we don’t have a Franchise caliber QB.

I see. So, when exactly is the cap going to increase? I mean, it won't happen this year. I don't think it will happen next year and, as I posted earlier in a thread, the teams are paying out more money, right now, then they are taking in, so to speak. They are not just going to write those losses or cost expenditures off. They are going to make that money back by holding down the cap spending for two to three years and they can do it, according to the CBA. It's a 4 year deal, how exactly will it impact the cap less?

khiladi

Reaction score
Im sorry. I dont argue with stupid.

You're the type that Dak could win a lombardi and Superbowl MVP and you would say it was the grass, or the lighting, or anything that isnt Dak because you just cant get over yourself. Have a great day. I remember now why i ignored you.

Of course you argue, which is why you just argued. Dak also threw an INT at the Seattle 16, after Austin returned a punt 51 yards to the Seattle 38.

Dak almost blew the game for the Cowboys, while the Cowboys defense completely covered for his mistakes. And Linehan went heavy run. Dak was essentially a game manager.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

During that stretch, Mr. Big arm Dak Prescott was essentially 3-6, including an INT almost giving up the game, but OK.. Dak carried them.

Against a Seattle team we were much better than.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
After Sam Bradford these Rookie QB contracts got a lot friendlier.

You can tell Josh Rosen and Dwayne Haskins goodbye after a year and it's no big deal.

Used to if you would draft Ryan Leaf or Joey Harrington they got paid like they were an elite player and it was cap killing if they didn't pan out.

Hey, if that's the route they want to go I'm all for it. The only thing is, if you don't draft a winner your out like 2 or 3 years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
lol I know right..

I think fans on this forum have more faith in the Jones's to build a winner with a QB under contract than they do.
I think the verdict is still out. Most believe the Cowboys will cave . It’s just a matter of time.

I’ve heard nothing from our Football Idiots that would lead me to believe otherwise. Jethro's most recent comments even more ridiculous supporting Dak.

Right now all of the proponents against have is simply the fact they haven’t resigned him.

khiladi

Reaction score

Linehan, despite his flaws, became the scapegoat in the off season even though he completely tailored the offense to Dak’s limitations. Even if you look at it, defenses started to key in on Cooper and take him out the game, which is why Dak struggled against the Colts and Bucs. The Giants game was another meaningless game where Dak ‘shows up’ in meaningless games against awful teams. And he almost blew it too, if not for the prayer to Beasley to end the game after he threw like 3 incompletions in a row.

It’s typical Dak mania that Dak gets credit for a game that was clearly won on the ground and by Linehan having to manage Dak.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We were much better than that Packers team in 2014. What happened? The guy in your picture cost us the game because he refused to drop down and extended for a touchdown.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yeah Dak can win us that 1 wildcard Sunday game that we clearly outmatched our opponent in.

Back up the brinks truck for that.

I have no idea but did the Bengals ever go into a playoff game where they were clearly better than their opponent like we were against Seattle?

I have no idea either, but can't ignore history, for whatever reason Dalton never won a single playoff game. Dak has won one, in less seasons in the NFL....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That’s not true. We have tried to build a defense but between the priorities , the bust in the draft and risk in drafts on injury history players and a problem player it has stymied a better defense being built.

Flip it. What if our 1st round picks on offense had been injury risk or bust. What kind of offense would we have ?

Well, when you are "building a defense", that is the priority. So how then, can you say that we've tired and in the same breath, say "between priorities", how is that trying to build a Defense? BTW, this coaching staff has only been here a season so please, tell me what you've seen out of this staff that shows you they have had opportunity to build a defense.

BTW, we have had busts on Offense, as well but what does that have to do with the original question of, can this team build a defense?

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I think the verdict is still out. Most believe the Cowboys will cave . It’s just a matter of time.

I’ve heard nothing from our Football Idiots that would lead me to believe otherwise. Jethro's most recent comments even more ridiculous supporting Dak.

Right now all of the proponents against have is simply the fact they haven’t resigned him.

And that he was tagged. It’s huge in how they saw/see him and it can’t be understated.
I think it’s a culmination of problems now.

Swagger

Reaction score
There are not quality starters on the street. And if a few emerge (Stafford, for instance). they won't be cheap or last long.

If we were drafting high, I could have been talked into a rookie. But that's still a coin flip.
Matt Moore came in for the Chiefs last season over two games. 4 TDs and 0 INTs. He won a game and only just lost against the 13-3 Packers and Aaron Rodgers.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, when you are "building a defense", that is the priority. So how then, can you say that we've tired and in the same breath, say "between priorities", how is that trying to build a Defense? BTW, this coaching staff has only been here a season so please, tell me what you've seen out of this staff that shows you they have had opportunity to build a defense.

BTW, we have had busts on Offense, as well but what does that have to do with the original question of, can this team build a defense?
Im not sure why you don’t see the bust and poor decisions we’ve made in draft on defense as not trying to build a defense?

Several 1st and 2nd round selections which if had been solid picks probably have been the difference in building a top 10 caliber squad. Could have arguably been enough with our offense to put us over the top.

In this new staff their first draft didn’t make defense the priority initially with a luxury pick this defense couldn’t afford. More flash on offense while defense regresses.

The powers that be with Daddy and Son are still in place. The same ones who have thwarted every coaching staff under their watch. The fact you don’t believe they’re Idiots is a sharp divide between our two opinions.

khiladi

Reaction score
We were much better than that Packers team in 2014. What happened? The guy in your picture cost us the game because he refused to drop down and extended for a touchdown.

What? The Packers were undefeated at home and we played them in Lambeau. We were undefeated on the road. The claim we were much better than they, at 12-4, especially playing them in Lambeau in the winter is absurd.

We, on the other hand, were much better than the 2016 Packers, who were giving up over 400 yards a game on defense going into the playoffs, with garbage CBs on the street that weren’t even starters, and they gave up 44 points to the Falcons the next week and Rodgers was looking like Dak, 2019, racking up meaningless yards and garbage scores in garbage time.