Twitter: Keanu Neal choosing between Dal and NYJ

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You do not know that. People do this every year....people did it last year with Lamb. And I love Lamb and would do it all over again but no draft expert had Justin Jefferson being the best receiver in the draft last season. NONE.

Okudah was the best corner in the draft last year. Can't miss. Diggs, a 2nd round pick performed much better. So all of this hype around Lawrence and Pitts is just lip service until they do it.

I actually thought Dallas might take Diggs in the first round last year; and if they did it really wouldn't have been a bad pick either. I'm still stoked they got both Lamb and Diggs.

Hardline

Reaction score
Every year we hear the same thing about several players. Again, I think Pitts will be great but we’ve already had the number one offense and/or a top 5 offense quite a few times in the past 4-5 years and that was WITHOUT Lamb.

Next year, if we have another bottom 10 defense with a top 5 offense and there is a WR, TE or RB that is “guaranteed” to be a future HOF’er are you going to say we should pick him too? At some point we have to address defense even if that player isn’t “supposed” to be quite as good as that “guaranteed” HOF’er offensive player. I mean we could potentially be in a spot to draft the alleged BPA every year and it’s offense, we need to move on, we’re stacked on offense.

There are no defenders that are better than Pitts. Is that Hall of Famer RB heads and tails better than the RB currently on the roster? That's an easy call. While you are correct that we don't know how a players career will play out until they play it I have an outstanding track record of predicting players trajectory. And Pitts checks all my boxes, You can literally etch it in stone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I actually thought Dallas might take Diggs in the first round last year; and if they did it really wouldn't have been a bad pick either. I'm still stoked they got both Lamb and Diggs.
Nope. Had we taken Diggs none of us would've complained. Great value in the 2nd round and allowed you to take Lamb and not cost you.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
You do not know that. People do this every year....people did it last year with Lamb. And I love Lamb and would do it all over again but no draft expert had Justin Jefferson being the best receiver in the draft last season. NONE.
Okudah was the best corner in the draft last year. Can't miss. Diggs, a 2nd round pick performed much better. So all of this hype around Lawrence and Pitts is just lip service until they do it.

By that rationale it isn't necessary to draft defense in the first because you can find better defensive players later.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
By that rationale it isn't necessary to draft defense in the first you can find better defensive players later.

True, but here's the issue in my view as for why I'd go with someone like Moehrig early. It's more of an issue of availability beyond just best available. Take safety for example. There are 3 safeties I'd consider Day 1 starter material at best. Moehrig, Holland, and Grant. Sure, Pitts is probably the best pass catcher behind Devontae Smith. However, there are lots of WRs (Pitts is more of a WR cuz blocking is NOT a strength) in the draft. Sure, maybe not at the caliber, but a lot of them are Day 1 caliber starters. So, for me, Moehrig might be an option at 10 that would be better for us than Pitts. Especially when you consider the firepower that we already have and the sheer number of WRs in this draft. Now, if we trade Gallup for, say, another 2nd, then Pitts at 10 makes sense (though, I prefer a trade down) because we'd have to replace Gallup, and it makes drafting S with our second of 2 2nd round picks more doable.

Sydla

Reaction score
There are no defenders that are better than Pitts. Is that Hall of Famer RB heads and tails better than the RB currently on the roster? That's an easy call. While you are correct that we don't know how a players career will play out until they play it I have an outstanding track record of predicting players trajectory. And Pitts checks all my boxes, You can literally etch it in stone.

But what is the value of Pitts here? This team is pretty stacked with pass catchers. They have arguably the best WR trio in the NFL. They have TBs that can catch the ball. Their TEs aren’t elite but more than solid.

So what does adding Pitts really give you? I get BPA but at some point you are just continuing to make this a lopsided roster which has been a huge problem for years now.

Sydla

Reaction score
I never said he was once in a life time prospect, you said that.
All I said was that Pitts is the blue chip, and I doubt he ever makes it to 10 and you can dismiss him because you believe in the "TE" tag that associates Pitts, but Im just asking you to take some time and
review what you can if you just view Pitts as a TE.
When you can say that a TE doesnt need to block,, you know you just get a really good receiver.
Pitts is probably, and I would lay down some money on it,, more impactful than CD will be when both their careers come to an end in a decade or so, hopefully longer.

I never said you said that. But the way you talked about him was that he’s so unique, such a rare player was a bit much.

And my issue with Pitts really isn’t that he’s a TE or whatever you want to describe him as. I don’t need to watch him to know he’s a great talent.

Why I have issues with Pitts is because I don’t see the value of him here in Dallas. I don’t think you get the return because Dallas is pretty stacked in pass catchers. So what’s the value here as opposed to maybe trading the pick and getting more picks to help the defense? The roster is imbalanced. Adding Pitts just furthers that and as great as he is, I don’t think you get the true value you think you might because he’d be one of a bunch of good pass catchers.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Not that big of a deal bro.
I know. I work in multiple states, like the players do, and just having a really good CPA solves everything- no matter Texas, or whatnot.

Hate to break it to you.

Not that the peeps here will read and take note though.
Just trying to recruit
Now hush yer mouth!
Lol

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I’m tempted to draft ND LB. I don’t care what anyone says he has game changing talent. I see a faster Devin White. He’s a rare player and would have the most impact on our team. Jeremiah Koramoah and Neal in nickel would be a sight to see. Speed speed speed.
There interest in neal may open up JOK as the pick if they dont get Neal. Basically Quinn is saying what we all knew. Jaylon and LVE are slow. Problem is I dont think neal is much better. Jok on the otherhand in the safety/move down to lb on passing downs role is different

rambo2

Reaction score
But what is the value of Pitts here? This team is pretty stacked with pass catchers. They have arguably the best WR trio in the NFL. They have TBs that can catch the ball. Their TEs aren’t elite but more than solid.

So what does adding Pitts really give you? I get BPA but at some point you are just continuing to make this a lopsided roster which has been a huge problem for years now.
Pitts gives you a potential stud player for at least 5 years.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If neal wasnt a former first rounder I wonder what the opinion of him would be then. Not just with you either
To add his TO production his two years was promising. 8 FF's. 0 last year however

Not sure if it was rust from not playing, or of an ACL and achilles tear too alot away from him

rambo2

Reaction score
True, but here's the issue in my view as for why I'd go with someone like Moehrig early. It's more of an issue of availability beyond just best available. Take safety for example. There are 3 safeties I'd consider Day 1 starter material at best. Moehrig, Holland, and Grant. Sure, Pitts is probably the best pass catcher behind Devontae Smith. However, there are lots of WRs (Pitts is more of a WR cuz blocking is NOT a strength) in the draft. Sure, maybe not at the caliber, but a lot of them are Day 1 caliber starters. So, for me, Moehrig might be an option at 10 that would be better for us than Pitts. Especially when you consider the firepower that we already have and the sheer number of WRs in this draft. Now, if we trade Gallup for, say, another 2nd, then Pitts at 10 makes sense (though, I prefer a trade down) because we'd have to replace Gallup, and it makes drafting S with our second of 2 2nd round picks more doable.
Keep in mind if they pass on a stud like Pitts, the Giants will take him right behind them.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Jets have a stupid amount of cap room.

Don't teams have a salary floor as well as a cap?

They can afford to over overpay regardless.

Even with no state tax it could be tough to outbid them.

My big unknown here is exactly HOW important of a player is that hybrid S/LB in Quinns system, and who else can play it effectively if they don't land Neal.