Twitter: Keanu Neal choosing between Dal and NYJ

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Boys must have a serious offer on the table or he would have already signed with the Jets, in a normal year he would be in the $5M range coming off his injury. But in this crazy year where that is what Harris is getting my best guess it is around $3M.
He may be asking for multiple years.

Who knows at this point.

I'm still a little stunned at the Harris deal tbh.

Carson

Reaction score
Well, unless he wants to play for an upcoming head coach and a team that might actually grow and accomplish something in the ny media market and NYC....or he can sign with us and waste his career on 8-8 and 9-7 teams and play for retread coaches...plus, if he gets tired of playing for Jerry the GM he can look forward to Stephen the GM...

Up and coming for sure. He’s signing a 1 or 2 year deal max

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah Pitts over someone like Chase would be interesting. I know they want to play a lot of two TE stuff but they really are thin at WR.
Probably wanted Shuster to justify passing on Chase for Pitts.

Probably depends on what happens with Ertz.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah Pitts over someone like Chase would be interesting. I know they want to play a lot of two TE stuff but they really are thin at WR.
Easy decision,, Chase is a very dynamic WR, only Smith is his peer.
Pitts is introducing a major issue to contend with to this league.
He comes in being a Kelce threat asap, but his ceiling is higher, Pitts is a rare bread that will catch a lot of defenders so very unprepared.
So you take the player that makes a league change how they defend the new era,, Pitts is that player that rides the wave,, he is the blue chip in this draft.

Sydla

Reaction score
Probably wanted Shuster to justify passing on Chase for Pitts.

Probably depends on what happens with Ertz.

I mean they could bring Ertz back but there is really a lot of friction there between him and the front office. Hard to imagine how they could make it work. He really wants out.

Sydla

Reaction score
He comes in being a Kelce threat asap, but his ceiling is higher, Pitts is a rare bread that will catch a lot of defenders so very unprepared.
So you take the player that makes a league change how they defend the new era,, Pitts is that player that rides the wave,, he is the blue chip in this draft.

Yeah, I think you are overrating Pitts a bit here. He's very good but you talk like he's a once in a lifetime NFL prospect and I think that's excessive, especially when you are talking about a TE.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I mean they could bring Ertz back but there is really a lot of friction there between him and the front office. Hard to imagine how they could make it work. He really wants out.
Yep and he is a fan favorite.

I'm not sure whose side the fans are generally on in this case, but the selection of Pitts may soften the loss in a couple of ways if they do send him off.

aria

Reaction score
Personally I think he’ll be great but I’m not BPA. Our offense is set, I would be extremely PO’d if we chose him but will be jealous of the team that does. I think we need to go CB or Parsons.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah see to me if they were deeper at receiver I could see it. Had they got Golladay or Juju I could see it. But having what they have at receiver....and being they actually do have Goedert.....I don't know that's a bit too early for me.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah, I think you are overrating Pitts a bit here. He's very good but you talk like he's a once in a lifetime NFL prospect and I think that's excessive, especially when you are talking about a TE.
I never said he was once in a life time prospect, you said that.
All I said was that Pitts is the blue chip, and I doubt he ever makes it to 10 and you can dismiss him because you believe in the "TE" tag that associates Pitts, but Im just asking you to take some time and
review what you can if you just view Pitts as a TE.
When you can say that a TE doesnt need to block,, you know you just get a really good receiver.
Pitts is probably, and I would lay down some money on it,, more impactful than CD will be when both their careers come to an end in a decade or so, hopefully longer.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Personally I think he’ll be great but I’m not BPA. Our offense is set, I would be extremely PO’d if we chose him but will be jealous of the team that does. I think we need to go CB or Parsons.
So many tempting players there,, I agree.
Its just always a mistake when certain players are passed on, those players succeed and play at HOF level, and you regret it for a couple decades...lol
Im not all BPA, unless the BC is on the board,,, best talent, high end talent, I always take before need, esp early in a draft,, you start twitching at the 10
in this draft when 4 QBs are more than likely going before we pick, than you are going to make a huge mistake.

Hardline

Reaction score
And we'd be stupid too if we did it. It would be great value but just stupid.
It's never stupid to draft elite football players, There are no defensive players in this draft that will have more of an impact than Pitts.

aria

Reaction score
It's never stupid to draft elite football players, There are no defensive players in this draft that will have more of an impact than Pitts.
Every year we hear the same thing about several players. Again, I think Pitts will be great but we’ve already had the number one offense and/or a top 5 offense quite a few times in the past 4-5 years and that was WITHOUT Lamb.

Next year, if we have another bottom 10 defense with a top 5 offense and there is a WR, TE or RB that is “guaranteed” to be a future HOF’er are you going to say we should pick him too? At some point we have to address defense even if that player isn’t “supposed” to be quite as good as that “guaranteed” HOF’er offensive player. I mean we could potentially be in a spot to draft the alleged BPA every year and it’s offense, we need to move on, we’re stacked on offense.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm loving the idea of Neal at linebacker. Since he's got safety skills you basically don't have to sub him out on passing downs- it's like having a built-in nickel back in your base defense.

Let's hope Dan Quinn and Joe Whitt have their best pitches on hand to lure Neal to Dallas. If the Cowboys sign Neal and then get either Hooker or Kazee to play safety then I'll be happy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You do not know that. People do this every year....people did it last year with Lamb. And I love Lamb and would do it all over again but no draft expert had Justin Jefferson being the best receiver in the draft last season. NONE.

Okudah was the best corner in the draft last year. Can't miss. Diggs, a 2nd round pick performed much better. So all of this hype around Lawrence and Pitts is just lip service until they do it.