Twitter: Keanu Neal choosing between Dal and NYJ

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Keep in mind if they pass on a stud like Pitts, the Giants will take him right behind them.

Good point, which is where a trade down might be more beneficial. I wouldn't be opposed to Pitts if we take him. My logic is just that I don't see the need for him. But, weakening the Giants by taking him would be fine by me. I think a team like the Saints might make that trade up for Pitts. They need a TE, and Pitts would suit them. Meanwhile, I think we could squeeze them for a lot of picks.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Good point, which is where a trade down might be more beneficial. I wouldn't be opposed to Pitts if we take him. My logic is just that I don't see the need for him. But, weakening the Giants by taking him would be fine by me. I think a team like the Saints might make that trade up for Pitts. They need a TE, and Pitts would suit them. Meanwhile, I think we could squeeze them for a lot of picks.
I agree with this message

rambo2

Reaction score
It looks to me like the BPA at 10 will for sure be an offensive player. Players like Slater, Pitts, or Waddle. The Cowboys can either trade back or take the BPA. I've run the draft simulator hundreds of times and a lot of the time 2 of those players are available. I would say for sure 4qbs go , one offensive tackle will go, and one receiver will go.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Not sure what you do for a living but if it’s a janitor and you were offered $40 an hour from one company and $20 an hour from another which would you chose?

I'm not a millionaire, but even if I were offered 2x my salary, I still wouldn't leave Texas for NYC.

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So....a Jets' source thinks the Jets are more likely to get the player.

I'm shocked.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but of course a team source will think they have the best shot.
And posted by some rando nflanalyst.

Reactions: CWR

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
True, but here's the issue in my view as for why I'd go with someone like Moehrig early. It's more of an issue of availability beyond just best available. Take safety for example. There are 3 safeties I'd consider Day 1 starter material at best. Moehrig, Holland, and Grant. Sure, Pitts is probably the best pass catcher behind Devontae Smith. However, there are lots of WRs (Pitts is more of a WR cuz blocking is NOT a strength) in the draft. Sure, maybe not at the caliber, but a lot of them are Day 1 caliber starters. So, for me, Moehrig might be an option at 10 that would be better for us than Pitts. Especially when you consider the firepower that we already have and the sheer number of WRs in this draft. Now, if we trade Gallup for, say, another 2nd, then Pitts at 10 makes sense (though, I prefer a trade down) because we'd have to replace Gallup, and it makes drafting S with our second of 2 2nd round picks more doable.
Just hope we draft defense early
They need help!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It looks to me like the BPA at 10 will for sure be an offensive player. Players like Slater, Pitts, or Waddle. The Cowboys can either trade back or take the BPA. I've run the draft simulator hundreds of times and a lot of the time 2 of those players are available. I would say for sure 4qbs go , one offensive tackle will go, and one receiver will go.

I think that the QBs will go too. And I will concede that at 10 the best players are likely to be offense. However, we are not in need of more pass catchers. We've got a lot of that. In my mind, a trade down is best. If we trade down with at team like the Saints, then the best player would be Moehrig which is who I think we need.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think that the QBs will go too. And I will concede that at 10 the best players are likely to be offense. However, we are not in need of more pass catchers. We've got a lot of that. In my mind, a trade down is best. If we trade down with at team like the Saints, then the best player would be Moehrig which is who I think we need.
Draft defense early and often

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just hope we draft defense early
They need help!

I agree. Logically speaking, that's the most important area to address. As I said though, I'll concede the top caliber player at 10 is probably going to be Pitts. However, we are loaded as is on pass catchers. I could make a case to defend the pick of Slater. I wouldn't be mad if we took Pitts, but we better go defence the entire rest of the way in the draft if we go Pitts.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I agree. Logically speaking, that's the most important area to address. As I said though, I'll concede the top caliber player at 10 is probably going to be Pitts. However, we are loaded as is on pass catchers. I could make a case to defend the pick of Slater. I wouldn't be mad if we took Pitts, but we better go defence the entire rest of the way in the draft if we go Pitts.
Agreed
They could also trade back
Auction Pitts to the highest bidder

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Be interesting!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Agreed
They could also trade back
Auction Pitts to the highest bidder

Trading back is my top preference. I think we can get a bidding war going for Pitts at 10. There are a number of teams who need pass catchers. With the caliber of player he is, I could see a team like the Saints or Chicago (who need pass catchers) moving up for him. We could probably soak them for a lot of picks.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Trading back is my top preference. I think we can get a bidding war going for Pitts at 10. There are a number of teams who need pass catchers. With the caliber of player he is, I could see a team like the Saints or Chicago (who need pass catchers) moving up for him. We could probably soak them for a lot of picks.
Stock up on extra picks
Me likey

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Can't have too many picks !