Kellen Moore doing an almost complete overhaul of Eagles playbook

tomokawan

Reaction score
Yeah Dak is not without warts and has yet to show he can consistently light up the best defenses in the league. Newsflash, nobody consistently lights up the best defenses in the league.. that's why they're the best defenses in the league. It's an undeniable fact that Moore's offense looked like hot garbage without Dak and outscored the rest of the league by a country mile WITH Dak. After the Eagles signed Barkley I was worried for a minute until they hired Moore. Even if Barkley still has a ton left in the tank (which given his injury history is doubtful) Moore will find a way to waste it. I don't think Hurts will struggle because he will have trouble picking up Moore's offense.. I think he will struggle because Moore's offense simply does not suit him. If Moore doesn't tailor the offense to his skillset the Eagles' offense is going to look like crap against good teams. They have enough talent to run over bad teams but when the chess match comes down to Moore vs a good DC, Moore's going to lose more often than not. Which should sound very familiar to all of us.
I never laughed harder then when the Eagles thought it was great idea to hire Moore.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
After this season the Beagles will do a complete overhaul of Boy Wonder. :laugh:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kellen-moore.gif

:laugh:

kskboys

Reaction score
Trent Dilpher and Nick Foles won Superbowls.... Marino and Kelly hasn't. Yet Marino and Kelly is still known and talked about. So if people aren't talking about Marino and Kelly for the Superbowl wins they don't have.....

What else are they remembered for??? I do believe it's stats....
Not really, it's more about their play.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd say I wish for Kellen Moore and the Eagles to do well but I'd be lying if I said so. Perhaps he'll fall on his face like he did with us?! :grin:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Kellen Moore has to be himself and install his game…
Hopefully, that will include nothing the Eagles did two years ago when they made the Super Bowl. That offense was tapered to Hurts' skills and made him one of the top QBs in the league for that year. He's an effective passer when defenses have to account for him as a runner. Best thing Moore could do for us and others who have to face the Eagles is force Hurts to be a pocket passer.

khiladi

Reaction score

Look who was bottom of the barrel in pre-snap motion before the bye and look at where the Chargers were. Dak is clearly not a “pre-snap” guru, as motion was clearly being used to help Dak diagnose if the defense was playing man versus zone. He was probablh also getting the ball up early for MM to send in the play, There was very little pre-snap usage right before the snap.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Look who was bottom of the barrel in pre-snap motion before the bye and look at where the Chargers were. Dak is clearly not a “pre-snap” guru, as motion was clearly being used to help Dak diagnose if the defense was playing man versus zone. He was probablh also getting the ball up early for MM to send in the play, There was very little pre-snap usage right before the snap.

Truth.

Dallas offense is very BASIC.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Hurts does not possess the passing talent to run KMo's O. And KMo's biggest weakness as an OC was that he had no clue how to run the ball. So now he goes to an O based on the run.

Philly hiring him is about the strangest thing I've seen in a long while. Makes zero sense.
Come on… this is a bit much. And people need to start realizing the coaches don’t just bring systems with them. Any coach worth hiring has ideas of course, but any good coach also knows how to adapt things to the players he has. If you’re expecting a carbon copy of what was in Dallas, you will probably be disappointed.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt you'll see some plays from our 2016 offense, having a mobile QB makes that a option and it produces better accuracy.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Kellen Moore has to be himself and install his game…
Disagree. Install a system that caters to the strengths of your roster. Sometimes you luck out and it’s also what you prefer, but coaches that don’t adapt the system to their players strengths and opportunities are not coaching.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think the Eagles strength will be the run game and the defense. which allows Hurts time to grasp the Moore offense. Problem is, I don't think Philly/Hurts is a good fit for this offensive scheme. Hurts struggles making quick accurate reads after his first read. He doesn't process what the D is showing him quickly. Hès a 1 read, make a decision, QB.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I want to propose a scenario.....

Lets say the Iggles grasp the offense, go on a tear, and end up in the super bowl. Will it be an indictment on the Cowboys (#4 and the HC specifically) that they weren't able to reach the same level when Moore was their OC? I'm not saying I think Moore is that good, but it will make people wonder why he could get it done there but failed in Dallas and LA.