Kellen Moore doing an almost complete overhaul of Eagles playbook

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You have only seen peices of it...Dallas always had an offense by committee approach. I would say you only got to see 25% of the Kellen playbook....and that is why it failed here. Everything he does is based off how the defense reacts to his base plays...problem was...he could never establish a big enough sample size of his plays to implement his offense. There was a disconnect between his offense...and what McCarthy forced upon him. Couple that with a limited QB that couldn't grasp the complexity of Kellen's offense...he was doomed for failure.
What??? Dak led Kellen Moore's offense to becoming the #1 scoring offense in the NFL for several seasons.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You continue to be fooled by stats.

3 straight delayed hand offs up a clogged middle was brutal.
There isn't anything but stats that can be used to prop Dak up.

30 years from now Mahomes will be known for his super bowl triumphs and Dak will be mostly forgotten. All he will have is his stats. QB's like Montana, Staubach, Bradshaw, Aikman - neither one is remembered for their stats, they're remembered for their post season success, of which Dak still doesn't have any. All he has are his stats, and only his most diehard fans will remember them.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Ronnie, I'm so glad you mentioned this fact. lol. I was going to say it, but it would have been skipped due to my pro-Dak constant posting. You're absolutely correct. If anything, this proves how good Dak truly is. Dak flourished under the extremely difficult offense of Kellen Moore, while Justin Herbert totally struggled and failed to pick it up. I have a feeling Jalen Hurts is going to struggle as well. I hear he has been looking bad during OTAs and minicamp already. Where are the anti-Dakkers now? When will they appreciate Dak?
Yeah Dak is not without warts and has yet to show he can consistently light up the best defenses in the league. Newsflash, nobody consistently lights up the best defenses in the league.. that's why they're the best defenses in the league. It's an undeniable fact that Moore's offense looked like hot garbage without Dak and outscored the rest of the league by a country mile WITH Dak. After the Eagles signed Barkley I was worried for a minute until they hired Moore. Even if Barkley still has a ton left in the tank (which given his injury history is doubtful) Moore will find a way to waste it. I don't think Hurts will struggle because he will have trouble picking up Moore's offense.. I think he will struggle because Moore's offense simply does not suit him. If Moore doesn't tailor the offense to his skillset the Eagles' offense is going to look like crap against good teams. They have enough talent to run over bad teams but when the chess match comes down to Moore vs a good DC, Moore's going to lose more often than not. Which should sound very familiar to all of us.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kellen Moore doing an almost complete overhaul of Eagles playbook
good-luck-need-it.png

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah Dak is not without warts and has yet to show he can consistently light up the best defenses in the league. Newsflash, nobody consistently lights up the best defenses in the league.. that's why they're the best defenses in the league. It's an undeniable fact that Moore's offense looked like hot garbage without Dak and outscored the rest of the league by a country mile WITH Dak. After the Eagles signed Barkley I was worried for a minute until they hired Moore. Even if Barkley still has a ton left in the tank (which given his injury history is doubtful) Moore will find a way to waste it. I don't think Hurts will struggle because he will have trouble picking up Moore's offense.. I think he will struggle because Moore's offense simply does not suit him. If Moore doesn't tailor the offense to his skillset the Eagles' offense is going to look like crap against good teams. They have enough talent to run over bad teams but when the chess match comes down to Moore vs a good DC, Moore's going to lose more often than not. Which should sound very familiar to all of us.
Hurts does not possess the passing talent to run KMo's O. And KMo's biggest weakness as an OC was that he had no clue how to run the ball. So now he goes to an O based on the run.

Philly hiring him is about the strangest thing I've seen in a long while. Makes zero sense.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Kellen's base offense is just about the worst offense you could draw up for Hurts. Timing throws based on synchronous reads frequently down the field. Out of the pocket. That's not Jalen Hurts at all.

Unless KM is really changing things up, this is going to be ugly. Kellen might actually be able to turn the Cowboys into the first division repeat winner in the NFCE in ages.
That’s the hope. This is the time of year all fanbases engage in wishful thinking. Panthers fans are probably fantasizing about what would have to happen for their team to win the Super Bowl.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Having watched that offense in Dallas and what Philly did well during that

Superbowl run, I do not see the fit with Hurts and Philly.

I could be wrong but the personnel doesn't seem to be the right fit to me.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have only seen peices of it...Dallas always had an offense by committee approach. I would say you only got to see 25% of the Kellen playbook....and that is why it failed here. Everything he does is based off how the defense reacts to his base plays...problem was...he could never establish a big enough sample size of his plays to implement his offense. There was a disconnect between his offense...and what McCarthy forced upon him. Couple that with a limited QB that couldn't grasp the complexity of Kellen's offense...he was doomed for failure.
See pieces of it?
We seen enough of it to know it was not working. It could have been better. It wasn't so much that, it was his stupid too cute trick plays at the worst times that failed 98% of the time.

It was his stupid, we need a yard for a 1st down, keep the drive alive, then, BOOM, a 40 yard pass play that was incomplete.

But you are a big KM homer, so you can't admit to it. He failed with Herbert, who many have ranked higher than Dak.

It remains to be seen how it works out in Philly. As I will not say he will fail without seeing them play.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t really expect it to get really going until closer to the second half of the season
Honestly I didnt make that comment as an anti eagles knock. Moore just has a history of fast starting offenses that peter out by the end of the season

I honestly don’t know the exact reasons why. But it’s something he needs to learn to overcome.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
See pieces of it?
We seen enough of it to know it was not working. It could have been better. It wasn't so much that, it was his stupid too cute trick plays at the worst times that failed 98% of the time.

It was his stupid, we need a yard for a 1st down, keep the drive alive, then, BOOM, a 40 yard pass play that was incomplete.

But you are a big KM homer, so you can't admit to it. He failed with Herbert, who many have ranked higher than Dak.

It remains to be seen how it works out in Philly. As I will not say he will fail without seeing them play.
The Eagles managed 11 wins last season which culminated in an embarrassing playoff loss to Tampa Bay. They made a change at offensive coordinator and their head coach is on the ”hot seat”. No way of knowing if the change will work, but they knew what they had clearly didn’t work. The Cowboys did not make a change. Their OC has been on the coaching staff of seven different NFL teams. Moore, comparatively, is just getting started. My guess is both get flushed if their current head coaches do at the end of this season. In Dallas’ case the QB will likely be gone, too. The Eagles’ QB has a NTC. Stupid is as stupid does.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

30 years from now Mahomes will be known for his super bowl triumphs and Dak will be mostly forgotten. All he will have is his stats. QB's like Montana, Staubach, Bradshaw, Aikman - neither one is remembered for their stats, they're remembered for their post season success, of which Dak still doesn't have any. All he has are his stats, and only his most diehard fans will remember them.
Yeah, like you still cry over Romo 'cause you still haven't gotten over him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are you talking about?
Thats what i thought.

Theres really no sense in going into it....lets just say it appears we, you and me....have a difference sense of kms offensive "brilliance"? Possibly....but that matters little at this point.

GINeric

Reaction score

Trent Dilpher and Nick Foles won Superbowls.... Marino and Kelly hasn't. Yet Marino and Kelly is still known and talked about. So if people aren't talking about Marino and Kelly for the Superbowl wins they don't have.....

What else are they remembered for??? I do believe it's stats....

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Hurts and Moore can go either epically wrong or very right if they click.

Either way I think the Iggs win the division if their defense holds up. CGJ is an underrated signing for them. They missed him last year.

tomokawan

Reaction score
If Moore is successful with the Eagles offense, and lord knows with their O-line, Brown/Smith/Goedert/Barkley he did select the right opportunity, he will be the Cowboys next head coach. And poor, rich, Hurts will have yet another new OC.
Never going to happen. He will never be the Cowboys head coach. He is an overrated OC.