Kellen Moore was phenomenal

sbark

Reaction score
He cant let a D take away our Rb's......needs elements of WCO, long handoffs to get them involved ...

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Kellen Moore sucks. Period. He is basically a Garrett clone who runs a 1991 playbook with the same tired pass routes. The reason he has to settle for field goals so often is that defenders already know where the receivers are going. He has no clue how to get the ball to Zeke or Pollard if his 3 running plays don’t work. And Jarwin not getting a better block was unfortunate? Great coaching to have the worst blocking TE on the roster put in a position to make a pathetic attempt at a block on a key play. God, even the hotdog vendors know Jarwin sucks as a blocker.
Moore had no qualifications to be an OC in this league. He is a Jerry project trying to learn on the job: Garrett 2.0

Wow

glimmerman

Reaction score
Sure, we can Monday morning QB this thing and say he should’ve ran here or there but my gosh the play designs were on point and the timing of some of those calls were just perfect.

Dallas gave Garrett 10 years to come up with something and it ended with us playing football in the stone age while Moore has us using several formations and creativity on offense making us not very predictable.

That was a phenomenal game by him imo.

He was a chess player last night and it’s just a reminder how good it is to be away from Jason Garrett football. You know he’s at home watching thinking he would’ve crashed Zeke into Vita Vea 40 times.
He didn’t run. Keep them honest. Same plan. Make Dak beat them. It’s a team game.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I totally disagree with Moore having been great last night. it was the skill of the players that made the plays...he didn't put the team in position to succeed and made a lot of wrong calls. he was good, but far far far from great....his personnel grouping inside the 2 was bad. he isolated jarwin a notoriously bad blocker on a saftey. he whiffed and zeke had no chance, although Dak and zeke ran the toss to perfection. put schultz or even Brown and they can do a much bette job in blocking.

the interception, was a bad route combination. even if CD would have made that catch (should have), still a bad route combination to put two WRs in immediate area, which brough 4 defenders to the picture in a small area.

he never really used the screen pass, although it was working. Tampa used it all game and had lots of success....we couldnt' run up the middle since Suh and Vea over powered the middle of the line...he never really tried to run outside or use the screen pass to RBs....when we did, we had some success....

his play calling inside the redzone was erratic,

the last 3. 1/2 minutes was bad play calling. no plans. keep the clock moving. never talked to the players to stay in bounds...it was poor poor clock management.

there were quite a few other instances where he failed in his game management.

sorry, still not buying into the Moore hype.
:hammer:

You said it better than I could.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Kellen Moore sucks. Period. He is basically a Garrett clone who runs a 1991 playbook with the same tired pass routes. The reason he has to settle for field goals so often is that defenders already know where the receivers are going. He has no clue how to get the ball to Zeke or Pollard if his 3 running plays don’t work. And Jarwin not getting a better block was unfortunate? Great coaching to have the worst blocking TE on the roster put in a position to make a pathetic attempt at a block on a key play. God, even the hotdog vendors know Jarwin sucks as a blocker.
Moore had no qualifications to be an OC in this league. He is a Jerry project trying to learn on the job: Garrett 2.0
:hammer:
Another good post.
I'm sick of it.
The same thing EVERY year.
Get creative and get our Boyz in the END ZONE!!!!

Reaction score
I thought Moore called a very nice game. Tough to argue that fact. The only knock I have is he is way too pass happy and it comes back to bite them in the RZ. That is a trend with him. But I’m glad we have him. Just keep him as a coordinator. That’s good for now.
Throwing the ball a lot was the game plan. Running into the teeth of Suh, Vea and the LB's is a fools's game. Especially with Martin out.

The short passing game was simply an extension of the running game. Getting the ball outside the box into space. It was not getting pass happy. It was the game plan.

khiladi

Reaction score
Bowles was worse than Moore was good. Again, Dak’s value is seen in how defenses choose to play him, until he can make defenses pay consistently.

Bowles only went zone at the end. The whole game he was exposing his banged up secondary in single coverage with no safety help on guys like Moore, rushing extra men, against an OL that wasn’t budging. They sold out almost the whole game to stop the run and Dallas completely controlled the clock to wear out that front.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Remember this is still Garrett’s offense Moore is continuing to implement . And offense was never the over riding concern as we were top 10 most seasons. It’s still defense.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore will be gone by the end of the season and somebody will have a promising head coach

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Moore definitely does some good things BUT he still fails in one very key area to me. Not enough diversity out of the same \ similar sets to get short to medium yardage. As the game progresses, defenses key in on what he is doing & start sitting on his tendencies.

TB's last drive was a master class on how to manufacture offense in a simple & efficient manner.

He has got to improve in this area.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Kellen, if you read this, stop with the S10 personnel draw plays. Start incorporating some 10 or 11 draw plays from under center. It gets the defense to pause and you can run some play action from it too. It will get defenses to drop their second safeties off the line and let 21/20 play their one cut style of running.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Sure, we can Monday morning QB this thing and say he should’ve ran here or there but my gosh the play designs were on point and the timing of some of those calls were just perfect.

Dallas gave Garrett 10 years to come up with something and it ended with us playing football in the stone age while Moore has us using several formations and creativity on offense making us not very predictable.

He was a chess player last night and it’s just a reminder how good it is to be away from Jason Garrett football. You know he’s at home watching thinking he would’ve crashed Zeke into Vita Vea 40 times.
i want Moore to hand over running game to someone else to make the running game GO kinda like what some Colleges to with a Running Game / Passing Game Coordinators. He's great at play design and execution in the passing game but his Running scheme lacks something.

Sammy

Reaction score

I thought McCarthy called the plays? He had the sheet in his hand and I didn't see Kellen with one.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Like a boxing match. You do good for 8 rounds then get knocked out. a knock out is a knock out. Moore got knocked out in the final drive. We needed only one more first down and the game is a wrap. Moore's worst offensive calls all game. Knock out.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Remember this is still Garrett’s offense Moore is continuing to implement . And offense was never the over riding concern as we were top 10 most seasons. It’s still defense.

Kellen Moore was essentially running Scott Linehan's offense not Jason Garrett. Moore was not here when garrett ran his offense and called plays.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Kellen Moore was essentially running Scott Linehan's offense not Jason Garrett. Moore was not here when garrett ran his offense and called plays.
Moore took over OC in Garrett’s last year and was QB Coach the previous year. Linehans offense was Garrett’s offense . Both of them just called the plays.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score

Totally agree. I’m bewildered by some of the complaints I’ve read about the pass-run ratio. They did a great job scouting the opponent, installing a game plan and executing that game plan.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree. This was probably really the first chance Moore got to truly handle the offense himself. I think he was restricted his first season as OC because he was new and so young, and because Garrett didn't want to stray too far from his own ideas, and then last year with a new coach, no OTA's or preseason games and limited TC time he wasn't able to truly take the reins. Hopefully we will see more of this, and it will be even more successful against lesser defenses. Hopefully the run can get more involved.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

This will probably be MM last season with us no matter what happens. You can’t let Kellen get away.