Kellen Moore was phenomenal

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Sep 10, 2021.

1. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

6,409 Messages
    9,399 Likes Received
    You and me both.. Moore absolutely DOES NOT want to run the ball in the red zone.. which would be okay if we had a Dez type receiver or a Witten type tight end but we just don't. Our guys are finesse receivers.. Which means they gotta get present a target before Dak will throw it to them. For the most part none of them is going to go up and fight for the ball and take it off the DB's helmet or just post up a yard deep into the end zone and box out the way we saw Witten do so many times..

kwcool619 likes this.
  2. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

13,770 Messages
    15,053 Likes Received
    His play design is very creative. Especially compared to the clapper. I think almost every play we ran last night had a pre snap motion. Something JG would almost never do.

3. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

16,239 Messages
    14,315 Likes Received
    Honestly the 2 plays I can recall that I would question was the 4th and 2 from inside Tampa's 5....and the run play early...deep in our territory...on 3rd and short. Other than that...he kept the chains moving...can't ask for more. I've heard people ***** all day about having balance on offense...well if something isn't working why waste time when you found a weakness and are able to exploit it?

4. Established1971

Established1971 fiveandcounting

4,264 Messages
    2,740 Likes Received
    eh, overall too much passing, he called plays like they were down by 21. Also he kept calling that same play to the left sideline over and over and over, well past the point it was working. Not even close to "phenomonal"

5. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

30,081 Messages
    23,544 Likes Received
    And Moore was with Linehan in Detroit and Linehan had him as the practice QB, meaning keeping the team familiar with the offense. These guys continue to latch onto Garrett as an excuse, even though Garrett was banished from play calling by 2014.

MikeB80 and Captain-Crash like this.
  6. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod "We Are Penn State"

30,316 Messages
    75,002 Likes Received
    Funny how Moore constantly gets the credit being ranked at #21 in the offensive coordinators dept. while MM keeps getting dished.

Just a reminder, Moore was under Garrett as well & never seen such compliments. Hence, why MM deserves the credit!

7. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

11,438 Messages
    13,872 Likes Received
    I remember thinking the offense looked different in a good way early on, so I won't disagree with that.

NFL coaches are going to eventually need to get it through their heads though that scoring late, unless it puts you up by 9 has to also include the bleeding of the clock.

Giving the ball back to Tom Brady with 1:26 left down one.....who saw the outcome differently?

Not just Moore....many teams do this. That's not an MM thing at that point really.

Not trashing Moore in any way, but its way too easy to score in 2021.

Killing the clock has to be a thing moving ahead.

cityochamps likes this.
  8. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

40,587 Messages
    27,121 Likes Received
    Yet you argued with me that the game plan should be to focus on running Zeke.

9. CowboyRoy

40,587 Messages
    27,121 Likes Received
    Do you think that Moore designed it so that he could give Brady the ball back with 1.26 to go?

fivetwos likes this.
  10. CowboyRoy

40,587 Messages
    27,121 Likes Received
    LOL...........what a complete lie! Too funny. At least man up.

11. CowboyRoy

40,587 Messages
    27,121 Likes Received
    No, that is the WORST idea.

Besides...............Brown has looked good.

12. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

3,413 Messages
    3,855 Likes Received
    Between the 20's he was good.

13. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

11,438 Messages
    13,872 Likes Received
    Of course not....just saying that teams need to have this in mind nowadays.

Not just Moore amd not just Dallas. Happens all over the league.

It's so easy to get into FG range at the end of halves clock killing has to be in the mind of someone calling plays....and part of the strategy.

14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

60,629 Messages
    68,037 Likes Received
    Nobody besides Rockport thought Dak could have a game like that after sitting out a year and half of training camp.

Captain-Crash likes this.
  15. CowboyRoy

40,587 Messages
    27,121 Likes Received
    It sucks...........all they really needed to do was get one more first down and this game was over. Williams with the holding pentalty on Vea when he couldnt block him gave up any hope of that.

fivetwos and Captain-Crash like this.
  16. CowboyRoy

40,587 Messages
    27,121 Likes Received
    We both know that's not true. You and I argued as such and I said the game plan should be EXACTLY the way Moore did it.

17. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

9,353 Messages
    12,392 Likes Received
    Moore did a great job. no complaints, I hope he gets into the flow like he did Thursday.

18. SpaceCowboy99

SpaceCowboy99 Active Member

136 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    I will withhold my judgement until I can see him mix it up more with the run game. We have 2 great and different backs and always a potential runner in the QB. We have to figure out ways to run, swing, screen, etc. Even against the #1 rated running D. We won't get far if we are one dimensional.

As good as we looked the other night, we are still in the same spot as we were last season. We have to sling it for 30+ to get a win. That's not going to cut it in the playoffs.

19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

60,629 Messages
    68,037 Likes Received

We won’t play from behind against the #1 ranked run defense who can’t cover every week.

The matchup called for it and Moore played it smart.

You build leads with the pass and close games with the run. We never got in that situation.

20. MichiganCowboyFan

MichiganCowboyFan Well-Known Member

1,799 Messages
    1,443 Likes Received
    No... Dak was phenomenal.

Moore gets a C+. His pass heavy gameplan was good, but running Zeke into a pile on 3rd and short goal line yardage with a bad blocking tight end was... putrid.