Kiper Invitational mock draft chatter....

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Love the player, but where does he fit? Yes he should probably have a 3rd round grade.

But you would expect him to replace either Dez, Williams, Beasley or Street. He may eventually be better than all but one of those guys, but I doubt right of the gate they'd let any of those guys walk.
He could take Harris' place, but he doesn't play special teams at all like Harris (most don't). I guess that would be the spot though, b/c harris may be gone anyway.

Replaces Harris....has 11.2 ave for punt returns

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Cowboys select.......

Jacoby Glenn (CB), Central Florida

635501081150610008-635499363687250008-NLP-9502.jpg

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Nice value pick here. Can play corner or safety.

Jacoby Glenn (CB), Central Florida.....His best ball is ahead of him.....And just going into his Jr season as a pro

REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE SEASON (2014)
-Selected to the Associated Press All-America Second Team, marking UCF's first AP All-American since 2007, and its first defensive All-American to be on a first, second or third team since 1991
-Voted as the American Athletic Conference Co-Defensive Player of the Year and on to the All-AAC First Team as well
-The first freshman or sophomore in UCF history to be named a league's offensive or defensive player of the year
-Selected to Phil Steele's Postseason All-America Fourth Team and the All-Conference First Team
-Earned the team's Outstanding Defensive Player award at the team banquet
-Started all 13 games at cornerback
-Totaled 48 tackles with one for a loss, and had one forced fumble
-Delivered seven interceptions and 11 break-ups to rank among the best in the nation in both categories

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Like this pick better than the Hardy pick. Good fit for what the Cowboys want to do.

It was a gamble on my part. I almost took Jacoby Glenn (CB), Central Florida w/ the 4/110 pick. but I didn't think Hardy would get past...Cleveland or the San Diego Chargers

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think we see already that there should still be ok value in the 5th round this year.
I'll be curious to see how many 4th and 5th rounders end up starting.
The whole draft isn't incredible but there are pockets of depth.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I think we see already that there should still be ok value in the 5th round this year.
I'll be curious to see how many 4th and 5th rounders end up starting.
The whole draft isn't incredible but there are pockets of depth.

I'm willing to bet a dozen (at least) of the guys drafted in the third/fourth rd of our mock get drafted in the fifth or later. Most of the depth is at the CB, WR, DT positions.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Cowboys select.......

Javorius Allen RB USC

la-sp-usc-javorius-allen-heisman-trophy-20141014

Good value........

Just don't think the Cowboys resign Murray

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet a dozen (at least) of the guys drafted in the third/fourth rd of our mock get drafted in the fifth or later. Most of the depth is at the CB, WR, DT positions.

Probably so.
Isn't that the case every year? I mean, there are three full rounds remaining after the 4th, so the odds are very high plenty taken in these drafts will go later. We'd have to predict exactly right for that not to happen...and in all of history, that has never happened for anyone, anywhere.

However, plenty will also go earlier than where they were taken. Nothing new.

I do think RB is deep too though. Time will tell.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
LOL this cowboys draft is eerily similar to the Jones and his good ol'boys drafts...

Biggest need is DL and they got exactly how many D-Lineman...?
But they did get a ton of little speedy guys...