Kiper Invitational mock draft chatter....

DuDa

Reaction score
I like the Buck Allen pick. You got him for a slight steal and I think he's gonna be a good pro back.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
LOL this cowboys draft is eerily similar to the Jones and his good ol'boys drafts...

Biggest need is DL and they got exactly how many D-Lineman...?
But they did get a ton of little speedy guys...

I knew I was gonna catch heck for this ........but everytime I was up....the value wasn't there for the pick. I like my draft and feel like I filled a bunch of holes. Is it perfect???? No.... But people need to realize the Cowboys have more needs than just the D-line.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I like the Buck Allen pick. You got him for a slight steal and I think he's gonna be a good pro back.

Wanna watch some fun tape???? Check him out on Youtube......All he does is touch the football and score

DFWJC

Reaction score
Marcus Mariota, QB
Benardarick McKinney, ILB
Nelson Agbohor, WR
Josue Matias, OG

I'll take it for the Jets.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
To finish this off......I was leaning towards these picks

Dallas Cowboys (Floaty)
1(27) Paul Dawson OLB TCU
2(60) Daryl Williams T Oklahoma
3(91) Gerod Holliman S Louisville
4(110) Justin Hardy WR East Carolina
4(116) Jacoby Glenn CB UCF
4(124) Javorius Allen RB USC
5(155) Cedric Reed DE Texas
7(211) Darius Philon DT Arkansas
7(218) Nick Boyle TE/FB Delaware
Lost 2016 2nd Round Pick (Philadelphia)

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
To finish this off......I was leaning towards these picks

Dallas Cowboys (Floaty)
1(27) Paul Dawson OLB TCU
2(60) Daryl Williams T Oklahoma
3(91) Gerod Holliman S Louisville
4(110) Justin Hardy WR East Carolina
4(116) Jacoby Glenn CB UCF
4(124) Javorius Allen RB USC
5(155) Cedric Reed DE Texas
7(211) Darius Philon DT Arkansas
7(218) Nick Boyle TE/FB Delaware
Lost 2016 2nd Round Pick (Philadelphia)

Ha. Did you include picks we did not make? Well. I would have traded up to pick 154 and drafted Reed.

You drafted three players I really like, but my biggest frustration is that you spent 6 2015 picks and 1 2016 pick that did not go to our biggest need, D Line.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Ha. Did you include picks we did not make? Well. I would have traded up to pick 154 and drafted Reed.

You drafted three players I really like, but my biggest frustration is that you spent 6 2015 picks and 1 2016 pick that did not go to our biggest need, D Line.

I think I can make pretty good arguement that the Cowboys biggest needs after free agency isn't gonna be D-line....

1(27) Paul Dawson OLB TCU..........replaces Bruce Carter
2(60) Daryl Williams T Oklahoma....replaces Free/Parnell
3(91) Gerod Holliman S Louisville....replaces the FS we haven't had in 10 yrs
4(110) Justin Hardy WR East Carolina....replaces Dwayne Harris
4(116) Jacoby Glenn CB UCF............replaces Brandon Carr
4(124) Javorius Allen RB USC...........replaces Murray or Randle
5(155) Cedric Reed DE Texas...........replaces Selvie
7(211) Darius Philon DT Arkansas.....replaces Melton
7(218) Nick Boyle TE/FB Delaware......replaces Clutts

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
The only thi g I can say for the boys draft is that the defensive tackle position is very deep. Could probably have taken one of those cats at some point.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think I can make pretty good arguement that the Cowboys biggest needs after free agency isn't gonna be D-line....

All we have is the information we have now, which is the Cowboys defensive line needs serious, serious help.. We can't claim what we did in free agency and what we would do in rounds 5 through 7.

Oh by the way, the Seahawks signed Ndamukong Suh, JPP, and Mike Iupati in free agency. We also traded a 2016 #4 for Dez Bryant.

See how that works?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

A lot of assumptions there. In real life, I'd rather not cut losses with proven superstars and rely on late 4th round rookies to "replace" them.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
right off the top i like what the Gmen, 9ers, browns & bengals did

Carolina Panthers (Risen Star), New Orleans Saints (BraveHeartFan), New York Jets (DFWJC), Baltimore Ravens (gmoney112), Indianapolis Colts (JoeyBoy718), Tennessee Titans (DBOY3141)

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Grading

Okay, when the hard part is over and the picks are in, we can all relax a little. But I always found the ending of a mock draft to be a little lacking. We all go thru this process of trying to make our teams better but no clear cut ending results. Who were the winners? The losers? Who made the biggest steal? Biggest reach?

Now of course we won't know who really got the most bang for their buck until these players are 3 or 4 years into their pro careers but for entertainment sake and for bragging rights, we'd like to have one consensus final report card.

To do this we are asking each GM to visit the "Team by Team Selections" thread that will be posted separate from this thread and take a few minutes to grade each class.

The rating scale will not be a letter grade but on a scale of 1 to 10. 10 being excellent, 5 being average and 1 being absolutely terrible.

We ask everybody to keep in mind the ammunition each GM had to work with when they began this process. We're not looking to crown the GM who was lucky enough to acquire two first round picks as the winner. We want to establish who got the most value with what they had to work with. Also remember to factor in any added or lost 2016 draft picks, as they will be noted with each GM's class. Any added or lost 2015 picks during this mock will also be noted within the "Remaining Selections" and "Original Selections".

Leave the bias aside, forget the usernames and give your honest evaluation of each class. Assign a number grade to each team and send your list to Risen Star.

And in a further effort to prevent bias from tainting the grading, we ask that you do not grade your own team. Let your peers tell you how you did.

Also add who you felt was the biggest steal of the draft and who was the biggest reach.

Once we receive grades from all the GM's, we will average them out and post the results in a "Final Report Card" and crown a Champion.

I would appreciate it if each GM takes the 10 minutes to do this. It'll be a fitting end to what we hope will be a good mock draft overall.

**** All votes will remain anonymous ****

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Marcus Mariota, QB
Benardarick McKinney, ILB
Nelson Agbohor, WR
Josue Matias, OG

I'll take it for the Jets.

Same here, not entirely sure about Mariota but he's better than what they have. Matias will start in the league.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Grade em.

I'll take grades the rest of the week and put out the report card over the weekend. If you're new to the mock, all you have to do is check out the team by team selection thread and assign your grade of 1 to 10 for each class. 10 being excellent. Then pick the biggest steal of the entire draft and the biggest reach. Send that to me in a PM.