Kiper Mock 2.0 2/18/16....

noletime95

Reaction score
No. I actually don't know that and have provided multiple examples of proof that others don't either.

You, meanwhile, just keep parroting nonsense. No matter how much it's proven incorrect.

No, it makes you a better Cowboys fan tan me. The team has gotten so hard to watch over the years that I have become MORE of a Romo fan than I should be. Combine that w/ an unlikable owner and I'm not really sure what I will do once Romo retires IF Dallas is still fumbling around in mediocrity while Jerruh counts his Billions (which he's earned), putting marketing and his desire to be considered a "football guy" ahead of winning.

In short, when Romo is done, Dallas better be good, or apathetic won't be strong enough a word for my fandom-or lack thereof.

Dwight

Reaction score
Impossible. Only one lock in this draft, Laremy Tunsil.

Well if it's impossible then Dallas should draft the best player avaible with the exceptions of CB, TE, RB, G and K.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The long play (Osweiler) benefitted Denver this year, nobody ever wants to talk about that.

He's been on that team since 2012. That's not even close to the same thing as Goff, Lynch or Wentz playing next year.

Dwight

Reaction score
BPA couldnt bust? Mo Claiborne says hello.

A Right Tackle would be a safe pick. Selecting a cornerback would be a disaster pick. Personally I wouldn't say Mo was the BPA.

RS12

Reaction score
He's been on that team since 2012. That's not even close to the same thing as Goff, Lynch or Wentz playing next year.

Never said it was. Long term view at QB paid off, some dont want hear it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No. I actually don't know that and have provided multiple examples of proof that others don't either.

You, meanwhile, just keep parroting nonsense. No matter how much it's proven incorrect.

And I've showed numerous examples that show it is a reach.

Sydla

Reaction score
The long play (Osweiler) benefitted Denver this year, nobody ever wants to talk about that.

That's not my point. Osweiler has been in the league since 2012.

I am talking about anyone thinking that we need Goff or Wentz because they'll step in as rookies and solve our backup QB situation next year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I've showed numerous examples that show it is a reach.

Nobody ever said every single person believes a QB is top 5 worthy. That's you moving the goal posts. But everyone agrees they aren't in the top 8? No. And I proved it. Multiple times.

visionary

Reaction score
How many Andrew Lucks and John Elways are there, yet 32 teams need QBs. I dont see any of those types in the pipeline but I do see Romo breaking down.

Agreed
There are also plenty of examples of QBs who were not as highly touted as Luck or Elway coming out of college but had great careers. And who is to say if Luck will win a single SB?

Waiting until the next Luck or Elway comes is just a straw man argument

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Nobody ever said every single person believes a QB is top 5 worthy. That's you moving the goal posts. But everyone agrees they aren't in the top 8? No. And I proved it. Multiple times.

Regardless, the Cowboys won't be picking a QB at #4. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. We'll find out in April.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Regardless, the Cowboys won't be picking a QB at #4. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. We'll find out in April.

What the Cowboys do and what the Cowboys should do are two different discussions. We're talking about one of the worst run sports franchises over the last 20 years.

Like, I think it's QB or bust with that pick if the grade is there but I don't expect them to actually do it.

tm1119

Reaction score
Look at what this stiff just got paid as a backup for a team with a young starter on the rise. Tells you everything you need to know right now about how desperate the league is for QBs.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/02/18/helman-chad-hennes-new-contract-noteworthy-qb-needy-cowboys?campaign=sf21149972 sf21149972

With the cap going up $10-12M every year is $4M per year really THAT much anymore? Don't get me wrong, Hene isn't by any means a good QB, but I don't think $4M is what it once was in the NFL. If you think that's bad you should really prepare yourself for the boat loads of $ that are going to be thrown at mediocre players this offseason. There's not that many teams that don't have $ to blow this year. It's going to be a crazy off season I think.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
If it does come to be that the #2 pick in the draft is a project from North Dakota State then we should immediately be trading down at 4 and not touching a QB at all. That would remind me of the 1995 draft and that was one horrific draft for QBs...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What the Cowboys do and what the Cowboys should do are two different discussions. We're talking about one of the worst run sports franchises over the last 20 years.

Like, I think it's QB or bust with that pick if the grade is there but I don't expect them to actually do it.

They were the worst run team until the last 2-3 years.