Kiper Mock 2.0 2/18/16....

waving monkey

Reaction score
Been a fan since 1979 through thick and thin as a young lad. Bandwagon? I doubt there are many of those posting on this site. But there are some presumptive high and mighty posters..........like you

you maybe right my faults are well known
but I have no trouble keeping my fanhood
I was responding that you might

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been a fan since 1979 through thick and thin as a young lad. Bandwagon? I doubt there are many of those posting on this site. But there are some presumptive high and mighty posters..........like you

There are no bandwagon fans here or on any other board.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahh, the 1984 NBA Draft... Olajuwon went first, Jordan went third... these two legends sandwiched the great Sam Bowie who went 2nd overall...
Bwaahaaahaa!

I was watching a bio on that recently and they said while he was never going to rival Jordan's greatness, Bowie was actually looking like a real player before his knees failed him.

That draft also produced Charles Barkley and John Stockton.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well you can always play the jury is still out card on a draft a year old but meet me here in 3 years when I'm right in telling you the Cowboys got virtually nothing out of another draft class after the 2nd round.

Combine that with the Weeden fiasco and this was yet again another poor offseason of preparation and talent acquisition. Which has been the norm around here for 20 years.

I don't like it anymore than you do. I can just admit it.

Talk about moving the goal post. First you said the draft sucked now you're saying it sucked after the second round.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Talk about moving the goal post. First you said the draft sucked now you're saying it sucked after the second round.

The overall draft. I'm moving nothing. To think an offseason was quality when it set the team up for a 4-12 season is a joke. It may be worse than your everyone agrees no QB is in the top 8 gem.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The overall draft. I'm moving nothing. To think an offseason was quality when it set the team up for a 4-12 season is a joke. It may be worse than your everyone agrees no QB is in the top 8 gem.

I said most of them.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

dstew60105

Reaction score
Better than what? Stating the truth?

Teams self scout in the offseason. From coaches to players. Even front office in sane cities, but that's a discussion for another day. The decision was made that the QBs they had behind Romo were good enough to sustain the team should he go down with an injury. That doomed the 2015 season.

Yeah, great offseason.

The draft wasn't a waste. Gregory got injured early and Green before season even started. Hardly stuff you can control. Then taking into consideration things like it takes a year or two for players to develop, one can hardly call it a failure, especially if you include Collins. I remember your posts where you said D-Law sucked and was a waste. How does that crow taste? Injuries derailed this team at vital positions. If the front office failed, it was at backup QB. Hardly a mystery.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The draft wasn't a waste. Gregory got injured early and Green before season even started. Hardly stuff you can control. Then taking into consideration things like it takes a year or two for players to develop, one can hardly call it a failure, especially if you include Collins. I remember your posts where you said D-Law sucked and was a waste. How does that crow taste? Injuries derailed this team at vital positions. If the front office failed, it was at backup QB. Hardly a mystery.

You remember when I said Lawrence sucked, eh?

Me? The guy who trumped him for months before we picked him and even selected him in our site mock draft?

You're either lying or mistaken.

The draft, after the 2nd round, was a waste. I don't include Gregory in that because, wait for it, he wasn't selected after the 2nd round. Collins wasn't selected at all.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Ahh, the 1984 NBA Draft... Olajuwon went first, Jordan went third... these two legends sandwiched the great Sam Bowie who went 2nd overall...
Bwaahaaahaa!

If Sam Bowie wants someone to blame for going down in infamy, blame Ewing. Most assumed he was definitely coming out and certainly would have been picked ahead of Bowie.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You said "everyone". Then you followed it up with a laughable knock on one of Wentz' strengths.

"Actually everyone agrees. Show me a ranking that has a QB ranked higher than #9. If we do reach for a QB I hope it's Lynch. Wentz has problems following his progressions in a timely enough fashion."

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/we-have-to-take-a-qb-high-in-the-draft.343028/page-3#post-6559102

I stand corrected. But I standby what I said about Lynch. You could see that problem during the Senior Bowl,

dstew60105

Reaction score
You remember when I said Lawrence sucked, eh?

Me? The guy who trumped him for months before we picked him and even selected him in our site mock draft?

You're either lying or mistaken.

The draft, after the 2nd round, was a waste. I don't include Gregory in that because, wait for it, he wasn't selected after the 2nd round. Collins wasn't selected at all.

You said he was a waste of draft pick last year. And your original statement regarding the draft was later amended to "after the 2nd round", nice try. But you said the off-season was a mess and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Collins part of the off-season?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said he was a waste of draft pick last year. And your original statement regarding the draft was later amended to "after the 2nd round", nice try. But you said the off-season was a mess and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Collins part of the off-season?

I never said anything like that. Now you are just lying. Which amuses me that you're that desperate.

Here's the proof of me selecting Lawrence, someone I praised months before you even knew who he was, before that draft.

Minnesota Vikings (Risen Star)
1(3) Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
3(72) Demarcus Lawrence DE Boise St. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
3(96) Ego Ferguson DT LSU
4(101) Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska
Lost 2015 3rd Round Pick (Jacksonville)

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/2014-kiper-invitational-team-by-team-selections.283257/

So that "crow"? It tastes like I was right.

Yes, Collins is part of the offseason. Congratulations, Cowboys...for benefiting from a fluke situation where a blue chip player has to go undrafted and then gets to pick between 32 teams that would love to have him. But in it's totality, the offseason was an epic flop. We were unprepared for one key injury and it doomed our season.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Put it in 12 inch letters...Dallas is NOT going QB in rd 1 this year.

You may want to clarify it with "if they don't trade down"

There is a scenario where they could end up with two later 1st round picks.

dstew60105

Reaction score
I never said anything like that. Now you are just lying. Which amuses me that you're that desperate.

Here's the proof of me selecting Lawrence, someone I praised months before you even knew who he was, before that draft.

Minnesota Vikings (Risen Star)
1(3) Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
3(72) Demarcus Lawrence DE Boise St. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
3(96) Ego Ferguson DT LSU
4(101) Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska
Lost 2015 3rd Round Pick (Jacksonville)

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/2014-kiper-invitational-team-by-team-selections.283257/

So that "crow"? It tastes like I was right.

Yes, Collins is part of the offseason. Congratulations, Cowboys...for benefiting from a fluke situation where a blue chip player has to go undrafted and then gets to pick between 32 teams that would love to have him. But in it's totality, the offseason was an epic flop. We were unprepared for one key injury and it doomed our season.

Trouble with reading comprehension? I understand he was a player you liked at the time of the draft, but as he struggled early last season after an uneventful rookie campaign your enthusiasm faded. Desperate? What's desperate is you not even giving them the slightest bit of credit as it relates to Collins. I understand it defeats your narrative, but your posts are laughable.

Sydla

Reaction score
I was watching a bio on that recently and they said while he was never going to rival Jordan's greatness, Bowie was actually looking like a real player before his knees failed him.

That draft also produced Charles Barkley and John Stockton.

Stress fractures in the legs.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Goff is good at using his eyes to work coverages.

He's a good prospect. He just picked the wrong year to come out. Like the 1984 NBA Draft. Hakeem Olajuwon was the 1st pick but nobody remembers it because of Michael Jordan.

I will be thrilled with Wentz or Goff at #4, Romo does not have long and I shudder to think of what Jerry and company plan to do at back up free agent QB this year.

RoboQB

Reaction score
If Sam Bowie wants someone to blame for going down in infamy, blame Ewing. Most assumed he was definitely coming out and certainly would have been picked ahead of Bowie.

Actually, I would place the blame on the Portland Trail Blazers for drafting him... he missed two full seasons at Kentucky with shin injuries.