KTCK on what Parcells wants in his OLB

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt said:
More, "I'm right, you're wrong." :rolleyes:

I never said, "I'm right". But you certainly are wrong.

Just from reading your posts, I can tell you don't have a good understanding of the game.

"It's the ILBs job in the 3-4 to stop the run. The OLBs just have to worry about the pass"

That's a perfect example right there. One of many.

The fact that you think Carpenter got "Man handled" vs Texas is another example.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
[FONT=arial, verdana]
~sigh~

The 2006 NFL Draft starts in: 1 day 15 hours...

and I can't wait... :bang2: [/FONT]

MiStar

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that Manny Lawson is good at shedding blocks should check out the Mario Williams' highlight clip on NFL.com, http://www.nfl.com/draft/features/draftvideo
There is not one instance where he beats his blocker.
Even in his own highlight clip on MSN, he doesn't ever physically engage his blockers.

Becoming a standup linebacker is not going to change things. Gaining 10 pounds is not going to change things. Becoming Parcell's whiping boy might, but even then I think it's unlikely.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MiStar said:
Anyone who thinks that Manny Lawson is good at shedding blocks should check out the Mario Williams highlight clip on NFL.com, http://www.nfl.com/draft/features/draftvideo
There is not one instance where he beats his blocker.

Becoming a standup linebacker is not going to change things.
Uh...there are 5 plays on that clip that show Manny. Two of which he does fine shedding a block. One he lets up to prevent the QB from getting outside. On another one he's completely unblocked.

Who on earth would base their judgment on these five plays, much less come to the conclusion you did? Watch it again.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt said:
Uh...there are 5 plays on that clip that show Manny. Two of which he does fine shedding a block. One he lets up to prevent the QB from getting outside. On another one he's completely unblocked.

Who on earth would base their judgment on these five plays, much less come to the conclusion you did? Watch it again.

You based your opinion (mostly) on Lawson's highlights, which weren't even that good.

Can't we just all get along??

BP, just draft Wimbley, lol.

All this LB debating... watch the Cowboys take Santonio Holmes. :D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack said:
You based your opinion (mostly) on Lawson's highlights, which weren't even that good.
Not mostly, but yeah they did have a significant impact. "Weren't even that good"? Please.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt said:
Not mostly, but yeah they did have a significant impact. "Weren't even that good"? Please.

Like I said, on a lot of those plays he either a) got to the QB AFTER Williams, or b ) the QB was chased towards him by williams.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack said:
Like I said, on a lot of those plays he either a) got to the QB AFTER Williams, or b ) the QB was chased towards him by williams.
Nope, not true. I broke each play down for you on that thread.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt said:
Nope, not true. I broke each play down for you on that thread.

You tried to, but you didn't know *** you were talking about.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack said:
You tried to, but you didn't know *** you were talking about.
I was stating facts, Rack. Facts. It'd do you well to familiarize yourself with the term and employ them in your analysis. Making stuff up makes you look like a fool.

Kinda like when you said Williams was getting double and triple-teamed in the Williams clip and I pointed out that he didn't get double or triple teamed on a single play.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Bob Sturm was just on KTCK, and he said he talked to a Cowboys Scout and he said Parcells wants an up the field pass rusher from the LB spot. He doesn’t want a “complement” to Ware, he wants as many Demarcus Wares as he can get his hands on. He wants to relentlessly attack opposing QB’s.

that makes sense since the scouts have had their eyes on alot of college DEs

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Lawson has more upside, but greater bust potential too.

the draft is about taking the best athlete available according to your needs, that's Lawson, and Lawson had similar stats in college and played OLB as a Junior, so he's actually more ready to play OLB in our scheme than Ware was a year ago

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
he blitzes some, its just that they are predictable and easily blocked too often

he is one of the least creative defensive coordinators ever IMO

David

the all-out blitz we employed in '03 was pretty creative...until it got figured out, in part because that was the only way our non-talented D that year could apply pressure

and how can Zimmer be aggressive and more creative when he lacks talent on his D?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
I've never, before today, read or heard Parcells say "I want as many DeMarcus Wares that I can get my hands on".

That's not Parcells style. It would be giving a player too much praise.

Either way, it can be defined many different ways and it doesn't really narrow down the list much. It takes Greenway and Sims off the list. But as far as "the three", doesn't change anything. They can all get after the passer.

Is it saturday yet?

Parcells compared Ware to LT the day he was drafted, not enough praise?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
Nothing you posted proves anything either way. No way in hell is Haggans as good a pass rusher as Porter.

does it matter if Haggans is as good a pass-rusher as Porter? he's still a pass-rusher, so the Steelers have 2 pass-rushers at OLB, and look at Haggans scouting report, is anything said about his ability to shed blocks?

rexrobinson

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
it's not fair to blame Zimmer when Parcells is the one toning it down, not Zimmer

I agree, from all the articles I have read and Press Conferences Parcells does, he seems to rather have defense that can put pressure on the Q.B. without having to call some exotic blitz or any blitz at all. He loves to manhandle offenses and his offense likes to manhandle defenses nothing fancy just brute force and proper execution.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
I just get annoyed that people have to make crap up to justify their favorite player being picked.

this thread started from a quote from somebody who talked to a scout, or supposedly, how is that making crap up? I think you just like jumping into a Lawson thread to pimp your boy :p: