Twitter: Kurt Warner: Details determine everything on Dak interception

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I hate to break this to ya, but as long as a player is wearing the Star, I will root for them.

Yet I also can say that if Jerry announced Dak was cut TODAY, and all I would say is "OK, time to move on".

The problem is you say "Dak being on the team guarantees we suck." OK. Cool.

Does that change with Rush?
How about Lance?

Can you GUARANTEE that the Cowboys win THIS YEAR if all we do is get rid of Dak?

If so, I'll meet you in Arlington to protest at Valley Ranch tonight.

If not, what the hell are you crying about?

I know that Dak will NOT be QB of the Dallas Cowboys forever. It will end one day.

But I also know that if that is ALL THAT CHANGES, I will be here to point that out the non-QB issues while a bunch of single-minded "Pro-Cowboys" fans cry about QB1 sucking and holding the Cowboys back.

Did it with Romo. Did it with Dak. Will do it with Rush / Lance / Whoever is next.

And I'm the non "Pro-Cowboys" fan.
:muttley:
You're part of the 4%, Dak fan.

If you're pro-Dak you're anti-Cowboy.

RS12

Reaction score
I mean whats next? On the red zone interception in Arizona are we gonna say those three defenders werent covering the guys they were supposed to and miraculously in the wrong place at the right time? Give it up. The end of the paper tiger area draws near.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I’m thinking it’s both. Right now I feel Dak is washed, McCarthy is a bad offensive coordinator and our WRs are undisciplined. As far as we know the WRs we’re told to run different depths and they didn’t in the game. Or McCarthy’s play design is terrible.

One thing that has been consistent through 3 offensive coordinators is Dak does not rise to the occasion when the pressure is on. That’s why I’ve been advocating to blow it up. Trade Lamb for picks we can use to restock the trenches, cut Dak after June 1, and get Kurt Warner or someone who is detail oriented (Ala Jimmy Johnson was) to coach the offense.

I have a lot of respect for Kurt Warner but I don’t believe every bad game Dak has is because of the play design and the WRs. Don’t get me wrong I would love Warner as the OC but Dak does have some responsibility in his poor play. I will admit that Dak is playing poorly AND is not getting the help from MM. or maybe Dak is so limited MM doesn’t know how to support him. Who knows, it’s a mess right now.
Exactly..none of this absolves Dak because he is the offensive leader and if the execution sucks he needs to be the first one leading the charge in practice to make sure it doesnt make it to the field on Sunday.. He can play we have seen it, but he can play bad we have seen it..he and MM need to figure it out or both need to be gone along with any WR who cant run the routes correctly...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I posted a video of Warner breaking down our offense last year. He made the same exact comments about our routes and depth of the routes causing timing issues.
I guess nothing changed from last year as far as this problem is concerned.
Wonder why?

What didn't change?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Any way you slice it, this entire offense is unable to execute some simple, basic, fundamental essentials required to succeed in the NFL.

SF looked like a well oiled machine. The Dallas offense looked like a dumpster fire.

Good coaches and good players fix it. If it isn’t getting fixed, you probably don’t have good coaches and players

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Any way you slice it, this entire offense is unable to execute some simple, basic, fundamental essentials required to succeed in the NFL.

SF looked like a well oiled machine. The Dallas offense looked like a dumpster fire.

Good coaches and good players fix it. If it isn’t getting fixed, you probably don’t have good coaches and players
if it walks like a duck

SackMaster

Reaction score
\

You being pro-Dak says that is false.
oo-okay-unsure.gif

Zman5

Reaction score
Maybe you arent familiar with Kurt Warner’s content. He is known to try and “educate” fans on QB play and play design.

I mean his video is literally critizing the scheme/play design/details so fans wont blame the QB.

So i say once again, where was Kurt’s issue w the scheme/play design/details when the dak played well vs the Jets?
Wrong. He has criticized Dak plenty of times in his videos. He did it so much that on one of the videos he started by saying "Some of you are accusing me of being a Dak hater. I'm not a Dak hater but I'm just trying to educate you on what he is doing wrong and also what he needs to do to improve."

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Probably Daks biggest flaw is his decision making. He would rather take a sack or throw an ill advised pass than throw the ball away and waste a down. If you can't find an open receiver, your getting pressure and running isn't an option, play the percentages and throw it away.
He has had this probelm for ever, when he runs out of bounds behind the LOS in stead of throwing it away it makes my blood boil.

losersgetcute

Reaction score
I think you may have missed the point.

The play is poorly designed to set the QB up to fail by designing routes that all break at the same time.

But this won't be well received here. The Dak mob already has the fire warmed up.
My question is, if Kurt Warner knows this, was the double slants at same depth a hot route on one of the two guys running the same route? Did Dak read it as man or zone pre snap getting it wrong or did he think he had a mismatch on the guy he stared down? There's more to it than, the playbook contains plays that they should never use on the backside hash...