Video: Kyle Brandt from NFLN calls out Dak

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
So your so called leader needs a leader to lead him? How then does that make him a leader of anything?
Every leader has someone to hold them accountable. Andy Reid will get on Mahomes when he's not locked in. Who holds Dak accountable?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Every leader has someone to hold them accountable. Andy Reid will get on Mahomes when he's not locked in. Who holds Dak accountable?
If he is this great "leader" then he needs to hold himself accountable, he is not a baby.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So now the excuse is that they missed on 2nd round picks and that's what has led to the lack of success.
I wasn’t using it as an excuse. But when we sit here and complain about Zeke averaging 3 yards a carry and complain about giving 200 rushing yards my point is that could’ve been fixed without spending big money on it. There were running backs available and they last. There were defensive tackles and they past. This is not an excuse these are simple facts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, I don't see it that way. To me, it comes down to the same thing it always comes down to. They are not NFL savvy and are terrible at evaluating personnel.
Ehh maybe they are. They had 9 all pros without Diggs who got hurt. Arguably 10 all pro level guys….there’s talent in the personnel but some personnel decisions are mind boggling. And at DT, RB and linebacker. The most physical positions on the team is our softest.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wasn’t using it as an excuse. But when we sit here and complain about Zeke averaging 3 yards a carry and complain about giving 200 rushing yards my point is that could’ve been fixed without spending big money on it. There were running backs available and they last. There were defensive tackles and they past. This is not an excuse these are simple facts.
What? Is this English, or Japanese?

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
If he is this great "leader" then he needs to hold himself accountable, he is not a baby.
Try to remove your negative bias and frustration towards Dak for a second. We're talking about human beings, not robots. Every great player, every great leader has had someone, whether it be a coach or a teammate hold them accountable when they see they aren't being the best version of themselves. This also applies to us "regular folk".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dude, trust me. Put TMC on "ignore" and watch your IQ
increase by 10 points minimum. Trying to decipher all
that gibberish can make a person stupid. It's like a fungus.
:laugh:

One could argue if a post on a message board about sports decreases your IQ or can make you stupid you probably were stupid to begin with.

:laugh:

RoboQB

Reaction score
The answer to the question is the Jones Family.
That's the answer. It's also the problem.
They have an undying love for Dak. Very similar to the
love and hope they had for Jason Garrett as HC.
It didn't work, it doesn't work, it's never going to work.
But they can't help themselves.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone would argue this. Dak was well underpaid on his rookie deal and is way overpaid now. He did not play well in the playoffs in his rookie deal and he’s not playing well in the playoffs now. I was just as disappointed with his playoff performances on his rookie deal and now on his mega deal.

Your point is valid but it doesn’t change the fact that Dak stated with his own mouth that he doesn’t play the game for money. That’s what he’s getting called out for. And I agree with him being called out for it.

One other issue that Brandt brought up is Dak’s post football career. How much money did Romo and Brady make playing football as opposed to their broadcasting career? If Dak truly meant what he said he would take a team friendly deal knowing that he’ll make millions in broadcasting after retirement. And he can do broadcasting for many decades. So yes he was grossly underpaid his first four years but being a Cowboy will set him up for a lucrative post football life. It balances things out. If he meant what he said then he has an opportunity to prove it.
He does not have to be a Cowboys quarterback to become a broadcaster. And if it is an advantage, unlike Brady, and Steve Young, and Kurt Warner, and many others, Dak Prescott will have been a Cowboys quarterback. He does not need to sign for a discount with the Cowboys or any other team to affect his life after his playing days. This is another fantasy created by Cowboys fans to delude themselves into believing playing for the Cowboys is more significant than playing for any of the other 31 NFL franchises. It isn’t.

plymkr

Reaction score
He does not have to be a Cowboys quarterback to become a broadcaster. And if it is an advantage, unlike Brady, and Steve Young, and Kurt Warner, and many others, Dak Prescott will have been a Cowboys quarterback. He does not need to sign for a discount with the Cowboys or any other team to affect his life after his playing days. This is another fantasy created by Cowboys fans to delude themselves into believing playing for the Cowboys is more significant than playing for any of the other 31 NFL franchises. It isn’t.
Dak is the one that said he doesn’t play for money. No Cowboys fan expected or demanded he take a pay cut because he’s a Dallas Cowboy. Dak said with his own mouth, on record, he doesn’t play for money.

You should tell Dak not to say things he doesn’t mean if he doesn’t want to be criticized.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
whats the distinction you're trying to make here?
Well it can’t be a lie because it hasn’t happened yet. So it’s bs until proven otherwise. If he takes a under market deal then I’d say it wasn’t bs and it wasn’t a lie.