Video: Kyle Brandt from NFLN calls out Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The infuriating part in this is that they will defend the absurd contract to Dak and then scream about how there is no talent around him, Yea, what do you expect when you got one guy eating most of the pie while not being good enough to actually carry the team without help?
Talent isn’t about spending money. Dak was on his rookie deal and they penny pinched. They determined they want to draft to get talent and a result they are spending 2nd rounders on tight ends….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And you can't simply draft your way to one either. Generally a championship winning team has a healthy mix of young and old.
I agree. Which goes back to my original point talent isn’t always about just spending money.

They need a RB and interior help and those moves could’ve easily been made with the draft.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I don't know what the problem is. I'd rather have any player that plays for the love of the game than money. We all know none of them are going to play for free...period. I feel if this was any other player, it would have received praise. We all know people love to jump on Dak when he says something.

kskboys

Reaction score
Talent isn’t about spending money. Dak was on his rookie deal and they penny pinched. They determined they want to draft to get talent and a result they are spending 2nd rounders on tight ends….
They did? Seems to me they spent all the cap dollars available. How did they penny pinch?

Creeper

Reaction score
Funny, I got into a tiny spat with Mike Fischer about this on X. He posted a little criticism of Kyle Brandt for his comments suggesting Brandy should work for minimum wage. I replied back that Brandt wasn't the one who said he doesn't work for money, Dak did so Dak is open to the criticism he gets. He responded something about context. My reply was not only that Dak is fair game for his comment, but when he asks for $60 million from Jerry for his next deal, he is going to hear even more blowback for this comment.

This is the problem Dak created for himself. He said he doesn't play for money, but to say that in the middle of a contract negotiation puts him in an awkward spot. If Dak asks for a record setting deal, Dak's "I don't play for money" comment is going to be the equivalent to the Jerry "all in" comment.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Funny, I got into a tiny spat with Mike Fischer about this on X. He posted a little criticism of Kyle Brandt for his comments suggesting Brandy should work for minimum wage. I replied back that Brandt wasn't the one who said he doesn't work for money, Dak did so Dak is open to the criticism he gets. He responded something about context. My reply was not only that Dak is fair game for his comment, but when he asks for $60 million from Jerry for his next deal, he is going to hear even more blowback for this comment.

This is the problem Dak created for himself. He said he doesn't play for money, but to say that in the middle of a contract negotiation puts him in an awkward spot. If Dak asks for a record setting deal, Dak's "I don't play for money" comment is going to be the equivalent to the Jerry "all in" comment.
Exactly, no one asked Dak to shoot his mouth off, he did that all on his own.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know what the problem is. I'd rather have any player that plays for the love of the game than money. We all know none of them are going to play for free...period. I feel if this was any other player, it would have received praise. We all know people love to jump on Dak when he says something.
No, only when he says something stupid like he did. He don't play the game for money? Bullcrap!

kskboys

Reaction score

If what Dak said was not a blatant out and out lie, he'd already be under contract.

kskboys

Reaction score
So now the excuse is that they missed on 2nd round picks and that's what has led to the lack of success.
It is a huge part of it indeed. However, the biggest lack of success comes from being really bad at player evaluations. That trumps all.

kskboys

Reaction score
Their argument for doing it was they needed save money and talking about a pieces of a pie.
Well, I don't see it that way. To me, it comes down to the same thing it always comes down to. They are not NFL savvy and are terrible at evaluating personnel.