Lack of weapons will limit playoff success!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We had the guys too!

The playoffs show your weaknesses.

Lamb, Cooper and shultz were the 1,3 and 4 leaders in receiving yards this week.

Good chance were are gonna feel this when the playoffs come. Chiefs are in the same boat (limited weapons). Extending gallup over cooper was bananas.

Hoping the defense can carry and hoping for the best.

Go cowboys!

lack of OL play. to this point in the season the OL has sucked. sucked eggs badly. even Martin looks bad and it takes a lot to make Martin look bad.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
For the 90th time, the decision wasn't Gallup or Cooper. When they took Lamb in the 1st rd, they knew they couldn't keep two top paid receivers at the position. Lamb may get close to 30 million this offseason. Who would you rather have Cooper or Lamb?
How do the Eagles have Smith and Brown ? Seems to me we could have made it work the last few seasons before Lamb was due to get paid ….. but Jerry loves him some fifth round picks.

plasticman

Reaction score
It's not receivers that the Cowboys are missing. Pollard cannot sustain a running game on his own. In the playoffs, opponent defenses will ignore the running game and just key on pass defense. Considering the type of D-lines for our NFC rivals, not good.

This is true of any offense, no matter how strong their passing game is. In fact, when you look at every true contender, they have a RB in the top ten in both carries and yardage.....unless you consider the Cowboys a true contender.

All the stats from all the previous seasons didn't suddenly disappear. The reality remains.

The Cowboys are 32-31 when Dak throws the ball more than 30 times. Throwing the ball less than 30 times requires running the ball more than 30 times.....successfully.

Therein lies the contradiction in logic.

In order to get to the Super Bowl the Cowboys are going to have to do some contradicting of their own when it comes to how teams usually get there.

Hadenough

Reaction score
"The playoffs show your weaknesses."
Yes it does and it starts and ends with the QB.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We had the guys too!

The playoffs show your weaknesses.

Lamb, Cooper and shultz were the 1,3 and 4 leaders in receiving yards this week.

Good chance were are gonna feel this when the playoffs come. Chiefs are in the same boat (limited weapons). Extending gallup over cooper was bananas.

Hoping the defense can carry and hoping for the best.

Go cowboys!

I agree what we don't have weapons, but the lack of Schultz is not a problem this year.

He came up big in Houston's last game, which was a 39-37 shootout, but he has otherwise stunk it up this year.

Jenky

Reaction score
How do the Eagles have Smith and Brown ? Seems to me we could have made it work the last few seasons before Lamb was due to get paid ….. but Jerry loves him some fifth round picks.
Smith is OK but one dimensional IMO and is still in his rookie deal.

We could have kept Cooper if we wanted to. It wasn’t solely a money thing.

Motorola

Reaction score
I agree what we don't have weapons, but the lack of Schultz is not a problem this year.

He came up big in Houston's last game, which was a 39-37 shootout, but he has otherwise stunk it up this year.
2023 season so far ----
Tgts\ Rec \ Yds \ Yds/rec \ 20+ \ Long\ TD
Schultz
50 \ 33 \ 350 \ 10.6 \ 5 \ 31\ 4
Ferguson
43 \ 32 \ 328 \ 10.3 \ 5 \ 40 \ 3

Flamma

Reaction score
They probably could have found a way to keep Cooper until they had to pay Lamb.

Mr_437

Reaction score
They have enough weapons, Coach just doesn't know how to make all of them useful in one game.

All I worry about in the Playoffs is if the QB is going to show out because he leads the team.

conner01

Reaction score
Oh, the top offensive player and the top defensive player will both be given huge contracts shortly.
Yep, another reason why you couldn’t pay cooper and lamb. Now we need to go younger on oline. Smith doesn’t have many years left though when healthy he’s still great. Steele I hope is just recovering from knee but if his play is still this bad by years end we need to be looking at a younger and cheaper option at tackle. I don’t think we extend Biadasz either.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Cooper also went to the media and complained about the coaching staff.
That's both of our points. There was more behind the scenes than just oh they couldn't afford them, they spent the money they saved on him on wide receivers

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Cooper made the owner look bad in public and then doubled down on it...Thats why he is gone.

Flamma

Reaction score
Lets for a moment forget what happened with Cooper. Did this front office do anything to try and upgrade our WRs this season? What did they do at the trade deadline? Clearly they were happy with our current roster. You get what you pay for.

I don't know if we'll beat the Eagles in our second meeting. But if we do, it will be with an inferior team. Especially on offense. Jalen Hurts has no weaknesses. Our D has to make up the difference. Or hope their D isn't that good.