La'el Collins Thread - Cleared post 767; visited Cowboys - 05/06/15

Galian Beast

Reaction score
The nice thing about Free's contract is that it's very tradable. Good player on a good contract in a position of need for a lot of teams.

Who is the Vikings' starting RT? :)

Cowboys have to be one of the worst traders in the NFL.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The nice thing about Free's contract is that it's very tradable. Good player on a good contract in a position of need for a lot of teams.

I don't think the Vikes would be interested.

LT Matt Khalil 12/1 Tyrus Thompson 15/6
RT Phil Loadholdt 09/2 TJ Clemmings 15/4

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I don't think the Vikes would be interested.

LT Matt Khalil 12/1 Tyrus Thompson 15/6
RT Phil Loadholdt 09/2 TJ Clemmings 15/4

Hasn't Khalil been a big disappointment? Free is better on the right, but he could play left until Clemmings is ready. Don't think it's going to happen, but it's fun to speculate.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

:laugh:

The Vikings (AP) jokes never get old, at least not to me. :)

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Welcome to Dallas!

In that video I didn't hear guarantee to start this season either. That's the only thing the Cowboys may not be willing to offer this year. He could start next year for us for sure and it would give him 3 years to start and prove he's worth big money somewhere. While I don't think we should be the favorite, nobody should count out Jerry the salesman.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Idk where to put this, so I'll just leave it right here. HBD J-Witt!

CEWelsKWoAA7mSN.jpg

rafaelgreco

Reaction score
http://www.klewtv.com/sports/NFL-Free-Agent-Collins-Cleared-as-Suspect---302785881.html

LEWISTON, ID - In a developing story that has become more clear as the days roll on former LSU offensive lineman La'el Collins has been cleared as a suspect in the shooting death of his former girlfriend Brittney Mills.

The surefire first round draft pick's stock plummeted following initial accusations that Collins could be involved in the shooting. The new NFL free agent is able to meet with teams.

Collins' attorney spoke about Collins' interview with police Monday.

"He answered all the questions that they had," said Collins' Attorney Jim Boren. "Every question we didn't claim the fifth we answered every single question we gave them all the information they asked for and he's ready to get his life back."

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I fear he may want to be in a position to start Day 1 on a team starved for OL and he may succeed- he's talented, but he also could be setting himself up for failure in his mad dash to prove himself for a second contract.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't see this anywhere else.
No surprise if he is cleared,but none of the major networks are saying this just yet.

Craig

Reaction score
Was this the only issue he had? I thought there was something else. If not...didnt the police state before the draft that he wasnt a suspect?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Man he lost out on so much money. I feel bad for the guy, talk about bad luck.

It's part of his own fault too, he could have cleared it up a week before the draft and answered their questions but he was too busy packing for the draft in Chicago and dragged the whole process out...but he's a free agent so he'll get a short deal with more guaranteed money....

Thatkidbob

Reaction score
should have thrown a seventh round selection at him Jerry....

From what I gather, had he been drafted he would have been able to sit out a year and try again.

By going undrafted he is no longer draft eligible, and now must sign as a UDFA if he wants to play.

Given the circumstances, drafting him would gave been the worst possible move, as he'd have very little incentive to play for you when he can be a first rounder next year.

tm1119

Reaction score
Seriously feel bad for this kid. Worst possible scenario for him. Lost out on millions

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
From what I gather, had he been drafted he would have been able to sit out a year and try again.

By going undrafted he is no longer draft eligible, and now must sign as a UDFA if he wants to play.

Given the circumstances, drafting him would gave been the worst possible move, as he'd have very little incentive to pay for you when he can be a first rounder next year.

he wasn't sitting out the year, nothing but an agents smoke screen, his draft stock would have plummeted not playing football for the year..

lostar2009

Reaction score
Was this the only issue he had? I thought there was something else. If not...didnt the police state before the draft that he wasnt a suspect?

Nope they guy been clean for the most part. The police wanted to question him before the draft but by accounts he didnt have say so in the matter.