La'el Collins Thread - Cleared post 767; visited Cowboys - 05/06/15

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
joker.jpg

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'd be all over this. I'd give him the biggest deal in UDFA history, if possible.

That's reasonable given his probably talent and outlook for success but you can only spend so much on one unit. We have a good tackle and a very good to better one; a very good or better C and G; and a very serviceable to better G.

Do we need to spend a lot of resources on a G when we have a very good OL already?

Don't forget Carr, Claiborne, Hardy, and Dez needing to be addressed. Here there really is only so much pie to go around.

Having said that he is likely to be a very good G. He's just likely to be expensive to acquire.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
I'd be all over this. I'd give him the biggest deal in UDFA history, if possible.

You have the potential to be dominant at a position group for a decade. One of the most important position groups. This would be like a crazy fairy tale to land Gregory and Collins in one offseason

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Breaking: I've been notified by representatives of OT La'el Collins that his paternity test results were negative. Specifically, Collins is not the father of Brittney Mills' child and Collins passed A polygraph test administered by an independent investigator in connection with Mills' case.

Zordon

Reaction score

Breaking: I've been notified by representatives of OT La'el Collins that his paternity test results were negative. Specifically, Collins is not the father of Brittney Mills' child and Collins passed A polygraph test administered by an independent investigator in connection with Mills' case.

terrible bad luck for la'el.

DFWJC

Reaction score
His lawyer says he is cleared. It only counts when the police say you are cleared.
Exactly. This news site was jumping the gun, so to speak.
It's clear that he wasn't the shooter. That doesn't fully clear him yet.
Sure hope the guy is cleared though.

CashMan

Reaction score
terrible bad luck for la'el.

er: 5194"]Last year Lewan was taken at #11. He got a contract for 4 years and about 12M. A 7th round pick will get about 2M in his first 4 years. That's 10M that he could gain by re-entering the draft.[/quote]I think you mean, terrible luck, for that baby, who doesn't have a mommy now.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
er: 5194"]Last year Lewan was taken at #11. He got a contract for 4 years and about 12M. A 7th round pick will get about 2M in his first 4 years. That's 10M that he could gain by re-entering the draft.
I think you mean, terrible luck, for that baby, who doesn't have a mommy now.[/quote]

?

The baby died and he is not the father.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Will people please stop talking like a guy like La'el Collins couldn't win a starting job over Doug Free and/or Ronald Leary?

I mean, cmon.

I guess I could say "perceived opportunity ". Im one that thinks he he could start.
Hell, there's some teams that he could eventually even start at LT....which is more lucrative

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We have reports that we have interest. If we don't sign him it doesn't mean we didn't try.

We wouldn't hand him a starting job whereas other locations likely would. He would have to compete for a spot here. Depend on his personality and desire really. I heard he wanted to go to a contender. His salary is already predetermined.