Lakers - Nola Trade Rumor for Davis

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Thats assuming the FA's will actually leave money on table and come to LA. Thats an assumption that already bit then with George amd looks like will bite them with Kawhi.

Why would you ever say this? If the Lakers don't trade for AD, they will have plenty of money to go out and get other players.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think that 2008 team made up of nothing but min Salary players but that's fine. IT was not convincingly either. It was a 4-2 series and they were all pretty much close games. I don't know what years you are referring to with the Heat but in 2012 and 2013, they were not filled with league min players either. You had Bosh, Wade and James but you also had Shaq, Juwan Howard, Shane Battier and Ray Allen.
The 2008 team was made up of the big three, untested rookie deal guys in Rondo, Davis, Perkins, and Allen and vet min guys like Pollard, House, Posey and PJ Brown.

Outside of the two wins, the Lakers the got outclassed and pushed around that series. They couldnt match our physicality. The big difference between that series and the rematch two years later was Ron Artest who added the toughness the previous team lacked

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why would you ever say this? If the Lakers don't trade for AD, they will have plenty of money to go out and get other players.
Because the FA's they are gonna want ate going to be passing up super maxes with their old team. Which is a significant amount of money to pass up

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
The 2008 team was made up of the big three, untested rookie deal guys in Rondo, Davis, Perkins, and Allen and vet min guys like Pollard, House, Posey and PJ Brown.

Outside of the two wins, the Lakers the got outclassed and pushed around that series. They couldnt match our physicality. The big difference between that series and the rematch two years later was Ron Artest who added the toughness the previous team lacked
And Bynum played in the first half of most of those games in the 2nd series. The Lakers did get outclassed and pushed around in the first series, i'm surprised to find myself agreeing with you. :thumbup:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He could come to LA and hate Lebron and decide not to resign with us. See why i don't want to pay the trade price? You seem to be ok with LA paying any price without thinking about any variables, but when it comes to Boston now all of a sudden the variables matter.
Why would he decide not to sign with LA when he has made it quite clear that that is where he wants to sign.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And Bynum played in the first half of most of those games in the 2nd series. The Lakers did get outclassed and pushed around in the first series, i'm surprised to find myself agreeing with you. :thumbup:
Player for player they had the talent to match Boston. But they were to finesse to match up with Bostons old school defense and half court approach. Artest changed the landscape

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Why would he decide not to sign with LA when he has made it quite clear that that is where he wants to sign.
From what iv'e heard some people don't like playing with Lebron, how do i know Davis isn't going to become one of those people. I can't pay the trade price without a guarantee, just like you want one that he will resign if he got traded to Boston. It's ok for the Lakers to risk everything but not for Boston. That's just one factor who knows what other unknowns could come into play down the road. The trade price is too heavy for the Lakers, and they shouldn't do it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
From what iv'e heard some people don't like playing with Lebron, how do i know Davis isn't one of those people. I can't pay the trade price without a guarantee, just like you want one that he will resign if he got traded to Boston. It's ok for the Lakers to risk everything but not for Boston. That's just one factor who knows why other unknowns could come into play down the road. The trade price is too heavy for the Lakers, and they shouldn't do it.
The difference Boston doesnt really have to risk anything to contend. Even with the slow this year they will probably be at least in the ECF again. Boston has already proven they can make a playoff run with a team led by Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown

Lakers if they want to contend need to make a move and shift from a young roster to a veteran roster in order to contend

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And besides, as for being a Boston fan, Davis is too far in future. And we have been heating up, and with the playoffs coming there is too much that happen between now and July to really let yourself think about Davis

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
You guys got your wish. Lakers are apparently out of trade deadline discussions
Yea i'm seeing that now, LA times and some others reporting it. I can breathe easier now. I would have gotten on board with the 2nd trade offer LA sent to NO even though i was thinking that was already too high a price, but 4 first RDers, a org would have to be on dope to give that away.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who are those FAs, that you think the Lakers are gonna want?
Kawhi. Klay. Players that give Lebron a running mate good enough to contend for a title.

Kemba Walker is the most likely to come IMO. But he isnt gonna be enough to push LA into serious contention imo

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
From what i'm hearing this deal might still happen and NO was just trying to scoop up more picks if they could. The deal that might happen is Ball Ingram Kuzma Hart Zubac Pope two 1st RDers and two 2nd rders. That to me is a bad deal for the Lakers, but it seems LA is willing to part with that and now it's up to NO to accept or walk away. NO was trying for those same players with four 1st rders and four 2nd rders. Crazy!

We'll see if the Lakers play Ingram tonight. If not that means LA is still hoping NO accepts the deal.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
From what i'm hearing this deal might still happen and NO was just trying to scoop up more picks if they could. The deal that might happen is Ball Ingram Kuzma Hart Zubac Pope two 1st RDers and two 2nd rders. That to me is a bad deal for the Lakers, but it seems LA is willing to part with that and now it's up to NO to accept or walk away. NO was trying for those same players with four 1st rders and four 2nd rders. Crazy!

We'll see if the Lakers play Ingram tonight. If not that means LA is still hoping NO accepts the deal.
I think you guys would get Pope back after a buyout.

Ive been hear rumors of a Pope for Jabari Parker swap. Im wondering if that dead if Pope is being included

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lakers need this trade deadline to pass by and get back to playing decent basketball. I think the Lakers are only 2 and a half games back from the 8th spot in the west if they lose tonight, any playoff spot for the Lakers this year will be a success considering the last few seasons. All that this excessive trade talk has done is set the Lakers back further in climbing back into the top 8. They are clearly effected tonight. They need to shake it off and play some basketball.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
After getting blown out of their socks by the Oladipo-less Pacers, it's hard to imagine that making this trade or not that the Lakers would have enough to bother any halfway decent team...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
After getting blown out of their socks by the Oladipo-less Pacers, it's hard to imagine that making this trade or not that the Lakers would have enough to bother any halfway decent team...
That was awful. Thats awful even if VO plays, but without, just ugly

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem here is that the Lakers play in the same conference as Golden State. They need 2 additional superstars to compete and that isn't happening anytime soon.

That said, the whole idea of signing Lebron was to lure more stars to LA and that won't happen until over the summer.