Lamar Jackson turns down Ravens lastest offer

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Huge mistake......from what I've read/heard, their offer is the same as Watson's deal money-wise. The word is, that Jackson wants a total guarantee contract also.

how are the deals the same money wise if one’s guaranteed and one isn’t? unless you mean Jackson’s annual salary is higher enough than Watson’s to balance out the fact it’s not guaranteed?

to me if you have an entire contract guaranteed and one isn’t the money isn’t the same unless one is paid significantly higher that he matches the others guaranteed deal in less years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
how are the deals the same money wise if one’s guaranteed and one isn’t? unless you mean Jackson’s annual salary is higher enough than Watson’s to balance out the fact it’s not guaranteed?

to me if you have an entire contract guaranteed and one isn’t the money isn’t the same unless one is paid significantly higher that he matches the others guaranteed deal in less years.
Its not but its an outlier and most owers and GMS are ignoring Watsons deal and as weve seen the last two deals most are looking to get Roger's money not Watsons, that was dumb deal by the browns and no ones looking at it as market setting.. Lamar deserves a fair deal and was offered one if its close to RW or AR deal.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every QB coming up is cheering Jackson on. He is standing his ground for a Watson deal and betting he will not get injured.

I doubt they can tag him and keep him, I think the QB's are finally in the hold out arena like all the other players. There might have been an image problem with that in the past but professional sports is now all about the money and nothing else.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not but its an outlier and most owers and GMS are ignoring Watsons deal and as weve seen the last two deals most are looking to get Roger's money not Watsons, that was dumb deal by the browns and no ones looking at it as market setting.. Lamar deserves a fair deal and was offered one if its close to RW or AR deal.
Not sure if fair enters into this at all. The NFL is a greed fest from the owners to the players and everybody is out to take all they can. If I was a player, I would not be any different. Go for the dough!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You can probably add Dak to this list. Not a new deal but certainly a restructure or extension

All three have a chance at getting a fully guaranteed deal that is better then Watson. Next offseason is going to be a mess. I don’t see the Ravens owner budging or the Bengals owner giving away all that cash.

Proof

Reaction score
Lamar wants to play in Miami his home . He’ll get his money and location next year

They have Tua for 3 more years. Would be interesting if the two were to be traded for eachother though. hmmmm

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Just watch, Miami is going to come after him next season and would gladly trade picks. Tua's contract doesn't really mean much nor cost that much.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

I agree and I don’t think the browns should have done it and it will have ripple effect but it’s not the same money outlier or not and that’s my point. It may be the same average annual salary but that is NOT the same as fully guaranteed.

I disagree about fair deal, these players should absolutely push for fully guaranteed and even if teams don’t fully commit to it being so, the more he draws this out if he can leverage that Watson deal into more fully guaranteed money for him he absolutely should.

the problem about what the browns did is there is a precedent set. He should be asking for a fully guaranteed deal and if he can’t get that he should be getting as much guaranteed upfront as possible. So should burrow, so should Herbert. If the owners don’t like it they should be angry at the browns.

terra

Reaction score
Dak's deal looks better and better all the time. I love that I don't have to hear "40 million a year" every other post.

:laugh:
Anything that you can twist to support Jethro, eh?

Loso86

Reaction score
Huge mistake......from what I've read/heard, their offer is the same as Watson's deal money-wise. The word is, that Jackson wants a total guarantee contract also.

See this is getting crazy, what has he done to deserve THAT contract!

Shane612

Reaction score
Maybe he wants out of Baltimore.
Jerry? I'm sure Larmar would love to play for the Dallas Freak'n Cowboys.
:muttley: