Lamb may be the only wr who

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron

Reaction score
We need to do wonderlic tests in order for people to qualify to post on this board because some of you are just flat out dumb **.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yup, Dak doesn't possess the ability to throw a good ball with enough consistency to take advantage of all the talent he's had around him since he got here... he's just an average QB.

This, at least IMO, isn't entirely true. Just the addition of Cooper in 2018 should be proof enough. With a new coaching staff, system, weapons, I actually think Dak has the talent to take advantage of this. This is why I'd like to see him play one more year. If he's still pulling a Drew Bledsoe against good defenses he has to go.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Dak threw for almost 5,000 yards, 30 TDs and led one of the highest powered passing games and offenses in the league. Something tells me Lamb will be ok.

Section446

Reaction score
This, at least IMO, isn't entirely true. Just the addition of Cooper in 2018 should be proof enough. With a new coaching staff, system, weapons, I actually think Dak has the talent to take advantage of this. This is why I'd like to see him play one more year. If he's still pulling a Drew Bledsoe against good defenses he has to go.
If we were going to stick to the franchise tag and make him play this year under it, I'd be 100% with you. Unfortunately, he's going to go into this season as the highest paid player in history and we'll be stuck with him for 3 more years after we find out he isn't the guy.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak threw for almost 5,000 yards, 30 TDs and led one of the highest powered passing games and offenses in the league. Something tells me Lamb will be ok.

Sure.....

steel-bin-isolated-on-white-260nw-367852877.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He needs to get the ball to the receivers hands and not their feet for this to matter.
Are you forgetting Dak had two thousand yard receivers in 2019? Getting the ball to Lamb isn't going to be a problem, Hoss. ;)

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what are your expectations in terms of inability to get Lamb the ball? You foresee 2017 like passing game struggles I assume?

It takes 2 to tango in the passing game QB and WR we only have 50% of this formula covered....:omg:

Since 2017 haven't you seen enough of Red-zone ineptness and a passing game excelling against dog teams or in Garbage time?
My expectations are very small until we acquire a passing game that will free up Zeke...

Flamma

Reaction score
If we were going to stick to the franchise tag and make him play this year under it, I'd be 100% with you. Unfortunately, he's going to go into this season as the highest paid player in history and we'll be stuck with him for 3 more years after we find out he isn't the guy.

That's my concern as well. I'm just hoping he plays under the tag.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Yes, there is always somebody in the crowd that will keep it real when everybody else is looking through rose colored glasses.
And there are always someone in the crowd that can’t see the Forrest through the trees.

Career 66% completion percentage.

conner01

Reaction score
Stupid post....somehow we managed to have 2 1,000 yard receivers last year. Lamb will find a few balls that are somehow catchable.
65% comp
WR’s most drops
Very high in deep throws
MM will have him at 70% this year with what he adds to the scheme

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
A lot of those drops were due to inaccurate passes. The reason that Dak has that high of a completion rate is due to some WRs making some great catches. It only shows that a really accurate passer could set records for completion percentage if they was playing in Dallas. Wentz would be the next P. Manning if he was the starter in Dallas.
Do you by any chances have a video of these inaccurate passes that were counted as drops? I want to see what you're referring to. I've debated 2 passes that were dropped but considered inaccurate. 1 ball would have hit the receiver in the face and the other would have hit the receiver in the chest. But people argue it was inaccurate because the ideal ball placement would be out in front.

A pass that isn't thrown with pinpoint accuracy is not an inaccurate pass and both of those balls should have been caught with no excuses for the receiver.

One was to Dez Bryant against the Giants when he had to turn around and he let the ball hit him and the 2nd was to Amari Cooper when he tipped the ball up for an interception last year against GB.

What other examples do you have?

irving

Reaction score
Obviously some posters don't think before they post on a topic.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
He'll get the ball there. What I'd like to see is Dak becoming expert at placing the ball exactly where only our guy can get it. I'd also like to see him place the ball for optimal run after the catch. For example, if we run a slant route and Dak gets the ball there, but the receiver has to reach behind him, the receiver may make the reception, but not be in position for any yards after the catch. He may need to fall down to get it, or even if he doesn't, it makes it easier for the coverage to stop him. On the other hand, if that ball is right in front of where the WR is going, he grabs it and keeps his running momentum, dramatically improving his chances for yards after the catch.

Dak does have shortcomings and places where he has room for improvement, but he's a lot better than a lot of QBs in this league. I think he and Lamb will establish a rhythm and get synced up.

ondaedg

Reaction score
This pick changes nothing with this offense when Dak’s under center. He’s still gonna be slow going thru his progressions, hold the ball too long and have awful pocket presence. He’s still not gonna wait for 2-3 yards separation before he releases the ball and have trouble reading pre snap blitz not to mention defenses period. He’s still gonna struggle throwing TD passes inside the red zone because of the above stated issues. We better hit on every pick the rest of this draft and hope all our FAs are lights out. All things will have to be perfect around Dak for us to ever reach a SB with Mr. Mediocrity.

Interesting observation on his pre-snap blitz struggles.

Career numbers against the blitz:
64% comp
16td:5int
98.2 QBR

As a matter of fact his td:int ratio is better against the blitz than a normal rush and his QBR is the same for both at 98. The numbers don't exactly scream "struggle" do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.