Lamb reportedly believes the $33 million per year offer is too low

Surfguy

Reaction score
Just increment by $.1 million until he accepts. Keep sending those offers in. $33.1 million, $33.2 million, etc. . How much is enough?
tenor.gif

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
Lol one good year? The last two years he had over 100 catches.
For the 4 years, he averages 99 catches, 1286 yards, and 8tds. His rookie season is the only season he didn't have 1000 yards receiving or more
There is a pretty consistent theme going around here from some. Consistently try and downplay all our best players. Mock them for wanting what they are worth and act like they should all take massive hometown discounts because playing for Jerry and Dallas is such an honor. Blame their lack of playoff success all on them because the franchise has been wildly successful the previous 2 plus decades before any of them were here, right?

My favourite is we should just trade all our best players for a complete rebuild. A rebuild that will be undertaken by the same people who put together the current team. We will definitely get different results this time around,

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Lol. I don’t know why people worry about this crap.

They have agents. it’ll get done and both parties will be happy.
Eventually. They have to get it done.

But our cap is a big problem.

Not a lot of room for a big signing bonus, even if it gets spread out.

Sydla

Reaction score
And the structure of the contract is a problem!

And this is why I believe the Cowboys leaked the 33MM per year thing. They want the public on their side.

But the devil is in the details - guaranteed money, per year cash flows, etc.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
CeeDee was all pro first team for #1 receivers last year. He’s been very good since he came in the league each year for his experience level. It will be his first big contract and he should be entering his prime. In a few years it will be outdated. Considering all of these things, I don’t think it’s in the realm of greed for him to think it’s a little too low as far as “the market” is concerned.

bigE79

Reaction score
How can this man be expected to pay bills on such a meager salary?
Exactly,at this point I'd do what the patriots used to do and trade his ***,player salaries are way outta control. After that packer game and seeing how he pretty much pouted the whole time,showed me all I need to know about his mental toughness,same goes for the whole team, mental midgets.

Qcard

Reaction score
And the structure of the contract is a problem!

Lamb is NOT buying Cap Boys rhetoric....

:lmao: :lmao: Game 10 Season 2026
Pay to the Order of
Cedarian DeLeon Lamb eighty eight dollars 00/100 $88.00
See contract for team friendly Tyron Smith Clause :facepalm: :laugh: :grin:

1time4urMind

Reaction score
This is the modern NFL.
Players earn a top 5 contract simply because their contract expired.
This is the way.

But, Lamb may actually be top 5, too.
I'd pay him more than Jefferson because that is the market the owners created. I'd ask him to take an extra year or two on the contract, though.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If CeeDee were holding out for say $35-$36 million, does It matter anymore with fines for not playing regular season?

This is not the 1993 Cowboys. Don’t let them start 0-2 because you took out the biggest playmaker on offense. Get it done Jones Clan!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What a greedy guy. He's racked up a fine of over two million dollars. The Cowboys' offer was thirty-three million dollars plus forgive his fine. So that is equal to or greater than any receiver ever played. Missing the final preseason game will be another million-dollar fine. CeeDee, son you're going backwards.