Lance as Backup

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Lance will latch on with another team, but you can basically put an end to his Cowboy career. As soon as they paid Dak that conversation was over. He really doesnt make sense as a backup as he requires a completely different style offense than Prescott does. The Cowboys I believe have already worked out multiple QBs since the season started. That isnt because they need a 4th string guy, its because they are getting a jump start on their 2025 backup QB search. Odds are that player is not on the current roster.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It’s amazing how little a body of evidence allows these amazing ‘Seers’ to see the future. Or, maybe they’re just full of beans?
He has been in the league for 4 years. There is plenty of evidence except the blind who refuse to accept the facts and just fantasize....and see him as the grass being greener on the other side until you get there and it's barren

RonWashington

Reaction score
Lance got his shot during the preseason and busted. He was so bad that he couldn't even overtake Cooper Rush. Dude is done in the NFL. We could cut him tomorrow and nobody would pick him up. He's a great athlete not an NFL QB.

Throw in the towel . Get zero out of the trade . Funny how a guy sits over a yr plays a few exhibition games and the personnel division on the board marks him out as “ done “ .

Stick him in the red zone , this offense needs something

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Really good post.
The three quarterbacks list started 49, 30, 59 NFL games respectively in their first four seasons. Lance can’t get on the game day roster for most of his first four seasons. He does not compare to those three in any way, shape, or form. Really bad post.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Somehow I think Shanahan might have a use for him in a Wildcat or some other squads struggling ( Dallas ) . Im not saying bump off Dak I’m saying have him back up in the right circumstances . That’s why coaches get paid

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Wouldn’t it make sense at some point in this season of road warriors to have Lance back up Dak and actually get him some reps or heavan forbid give him a start . You let a 4 go out the window for the guy and next yr FA goodbye . Nothing in return ?

I already know what Cooper brings to the table and it’s limited but serviceable as a back up . The lack of mobility in either 7 or # 4 is horrible , ends drives . Just to spice up the season have him as back up in Santa Clara . MM be Bold !
Not a bad idea, also run alot with duece and luepke , see what happens . Have Lance drop back to pass, but if anything opens up
he takes off and runs !

But they wont do any of that, it will be the same ol thing. They may give cook a few carries, but it wont be enough to mean anything.

RonWashington

Reaction score
You realize that not literal right

Is it Home Depot or Lowe’s where are these guys ?

I know the DB he threw the TD against was a Raider starter . Not Tony from the loading dock . And that’s another Cowboy in witness protection …Flournoy . Way to manipulate the roster fellas .

:thumbdown:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is it Home Depot or Lowe’s where are these guys ?

I know the DB he threw the TD against was a Raider starter . Not Tony from the loading dock . And that’s another Cowboy in witness protection …Flournoy . Way to manipulate the roster fellas .

:thumbdown:
Raiders CB's arent any better than the guys most teams cut in training camp. So whichever ever one it was, it might as well have been " Tony from the loading dock"

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has been in the league for 4 years. There is plenty of evidence except the blind who refuse to accept the facts and just fantasize....and see him as the grass being greener on the other side until you get there and it's barren
Why are you rooting against a Cowboy. People do that to dak and lose your fing mind.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The Cowboys are likely to see quite a bit of who the boss traded to get Lance in essence. Due to injuries Malik Mustapha rookie out of Wake Forest is starting at safety and had a team high 8 tackles against the Chiefs in a loss. If Dak sails one over the middle this safety might just get the pick .

Again , get Lance in a game to get something out of this trade . The 49ers have a starting safety .

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Wouldn’t it make sense at some point in this season of road warriors to have Lance back up Dak and actually get him some reps or heavan forbid give him a start . You let a 4 go out the window for the guy and next yr FA goodbye . Nothing in return ?

I already know what Cooper brings to the table and it’s limited but serviceable as a back up . The lack of mobility in either 7 or # 4 is horrible , ends drives . Just to spice up the season have him as back up in Santa Clara . MM be Bold !
Want the truth? He sucks,...BADLY I might add. That's why he isn't the backup. He doesn't deserve it. I myself would have really liked him to turn out,.......but he just didn't. Better to just cut our losses and move on. He literally brings NOTHING to the table as a QB. Not at the pro level anyway.