Latest Jaylon Smith tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
At the end of the day, I just hope he heals up and becomes the player that we expect him to become. The sooner the better.

Agreed.

Outside of Dez Bryant back in 2010, I can't think of enough another player I've been more excited about having, though I still think using a 2nd round pick was a risky investment.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is risky, but just think of the possible rewards. Unfortunately, it can't be much worse than some of our recent 2nd round picks.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Actually I work for Dr. Cooper.

Seriously, is it true that people in the Cowboys organization actually frequent this board?
How many major Cowboys forums are there?
There is the one at Scout...

I know Broaddus started posting on here briefly but too many people ragged on him so he left. I'm sure there have been others. A lot of the media guys have accounts here on the down low. I imagine some players might too.

There were people on this board who believed that @AdamJT13 was Stephen Jones for a while.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I know Broaddus started posting on here briefly but too many people ragged on him so he left. I'm sure there have been others. A lot of the media guys have accounts here on the down low. I imagine some players might too.

There were people on this board who believed that @AdamJT13 was Stephen Jones for a while.

lol I used to think Adam was Stephen Jones also.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I only read the first couple of pages of this thread and then the last few, but I'll chip in a (funny!) nerve damage story. I had hip replacement surgery (at age 51) two months ago. They had to move some muscles to get to the operating site so when I woke up, my Lateral Cutaneous Nerve was damaged. Which is a very wussified way of saying I lost feeling in the skin of my thigh.

Before the surgery I did all my homework on the procedure, the anesthesia, the recovery - everything. I did due diligence on the surgeon with friends that were also surgeons at UCLA. When they told me about this nerve issue, the only thing I had read was these Jaylon Smith threads. So I asked about regeneration times, etc and the two surgeons talking to me thought I sounded reasonably intelligent. Funny moment.

So it may be an apples and oranges comparison to Jaylon Smith but I didn't have any sensation in the skin around my thigh for about a month. Then one day I just noticed the area of numbness was about a fifth of what it was before. I have no idea if it happened gradually or all at once. Its 7 weeks past the surgery and its only a tiny area now that is numb.

So the lesson learned: Always read Cowboyszone before surgery!!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I have dealt with foot drop since I was 12 years old. I am now 57. I had operations on both my Achilles as well as other ligaments, and tendons. I had prosthetic that would fit under my socks and no one could tell if anything was wrong. I have not worn any such devices since I was 21.
I have stumbled and tripped at times, but that was more due to new shoes and usually on some type of carpet. Or just stepped on an uneven walk, as we all have done at times.

Oh yes, it did not stop me from playing sports either. Just not at a competitive level. But I never tripped or fell as where I hurt myself. And I can flex my feet though not very much. I do not blame Jaylon if he walks around without the device. I would encourage it. As it makes one feel better about healing. Now my causes are far more complex and different from a sports injury as Jaylon's. But none the less, I can sympathy with him.

Now if he can't flex the foot at all, and it just hangs there, yes use the brace, but it sounds as if that is not the case. But I have not read through all the posts either, just skimmed through them. If he has any kind of movement, then I say don't use it.
This is just from my own 45 years of experience with this. It's not something I read and make opinions. I am not accusing anyone of that, just making a statement of what I believe is fact.

Just my little bit of input here. Not sure if it helps or not, but there it is.

When the injury occurred he had complete paralysis of the peroneal. He could not lift or move the foot outward at all. That he can move it some now is what we are arguing about.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I only read the first couple of pages of this thread and then the last few, but I'll chip in a (funny!) nerve damage story. I had hip replacement surgery (at age 51) two months ago. They had to move some muscles to get to the operating site so when I woke up, my Lateral Cutaneous Nerve was damaged. Which is a very wussified way of saying I lost feeling in the skin of my thigh.

Before the surgery I did all my homework on the procedure, the anesthesia, the recovery - everything. I did due diligence on the surgeon with friends that were also surgeons at UCLA. When they told me about this nerve issue, the only thing I had read was these Jaylon Smith threads. So I asked about regeneration times, etc and the two surgeons talking to me thought I sounded reasonably intelligent. Funny moment.

So it may be an apples and oranges comparison to Jaylon Smith but I didn't have any sensation in the skin around my thigh for about a month. Then one day I just noticed the area of numbness was about a fifth of what it was before. I have no idea if it happened gradually or all at once. Its 7 weeks past the surgery and its only a tiny area now that is numb.

So the lesson learned: Always read Cowboyszone before surgery!!

i guess it did not require regeneration of axons

CWR

Reaction score
In the middle of this awesome season I keep forgetting we still have the best damn defensive player in the draft waiting to unleash!

waldoputty

Reaction score
@Trouty - Are you going to be rooting for Brady again tomorrow with the Brady bear?

in_tom_we_trust_front_teddy_bear.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.