Lawrence - Not So Much

DFWJC

Reaction score
When TL does it its with Clemson. When Dak did it. It was with Miss State.

You really want to compare the 2?

Name me who was drafted other than Dak and Kupp from that Miss State team.

Now name me whos been drafted from the Clemson team over the last i dont know 3 years.

Ill wait.

You are misunderstanding what I am saying. Dak led the team that is normally a bottom dweller to a top ranking.

TL led the team to the championship who has top recruits and one of the best programs in the country year in and year out.

If you compare their situations and say they are the same you are lying to yourself.
Dak DID carry his team and Clemson had way more talent.

But you're making it sound like Prescott had a similar career with less talent.
He did not.

Here are their team's Final Rankings

Prescott
  • Unranked
  • 11th
  • Unranked

Lawrence
  • 1st....National Champion
  • 2nd....runner-up
  • 3rd (assume)

Again, that's nothing against Dak. He was great. But their teams were not comparable

Motorola

Reaction score
I love how the mods preach and cry to keep draft related talk in the draft zone then comment and let certain posts stay where they are. The hypocrisy!
You're right about this issue.
The thread started off mentioning 'tank' in the first sentence ( the Cowboys season is over, so that topic is no longer relevant), but proceeds to mention the projected no. 1 draft pick twice in the same sentence. Yeah, the poster mentions the Heisman Trophy ballot finish, but the thought finishes off about the QBs draft status. Then ---every response thereafter is an opinion about what Lawerence's ability / future in the league = DRAFT TALK.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No again you proved you have comprehension problem. Nowhere did I say or imply anything about his abilities. What I said was if (and I'll word really really simple so you can get it) the sporting world has raved and piled on so much praise for Lawrence, one (again meaning the average Joe) would think Lawrence had a automatic complete total lock to win the Heisman, but he didn't win it. Now where in that did I personally speaking for myself say or imply anything about his playing abilities? All I did was speak about what the sporting world did and how the Heisman voting turned out. Now if you still don't get it, go back to like the 3rd grade and take a reading class again.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings and cause you to lash out. I apologize.
Now let me explain how I arrived at my conclusion.

You said ... "Nowhere did I say or imply anything about his abilities."
Really?

gjkoeppen said:
"with so many people trying to make all their proclamations about Lawrence you would think he would have been an automatic lock for and gotten college football biggest award, the Heisman Trophy. But he didn't."

So what are you talking about, i.e., what proclamations are people making about Lawrence? His good looks? How wonderful he smells? The way he puts on his uniform?

No. The proclamations people are making about him are based on HIS ABILITIES AS A QUARTERBACK!

And, then you say ...

you would think he would have been an automatic lock for and gotten college football (sic) biggest award, the Heisman Trophy. But he didn't.

So you're basically acknowledging that abilities are tied to the Heisman Trophy, unless you're arguing that the Heisman is awarded based on a player's good looks. ;) :grin:

And then you suggest if his abilities were all that, he would have won the Heisman, but he didn't. So, yes, you did refer to his abilities, unless you're going to make an argument that the Heisman is won based on how handsome a player is. :laugh:

Then I go on to explain that players with great abilities in college, who go on to have success in the pros (Brady, Elway, Luck, etc.), have never won the Heisman.

I don't think you thought your comments through and when I rebutted your statement, you became sensitive, took offense and resulted to puerile insults.

But, again, if I hurt your feelings and caused such an unprovoked visceral response, I apologize.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
fwiw
Not the Heisman is any indicator of pro prospect quality, but most say he would've won it if he didn't have to miss his biggest game of the regular season due to Covid precautions

That's a load of crap. Matt Leinart won the Heisman missing a game due to injury. Nobody knows for sure why Lawrence didn't win, but I never said or implied at any time that winning the Heisman was an indicator of a professional career. You're just another one that is trying to put words in my mouth.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Really?

So what are you talking about, i.e., what proclamations are people making about Lawrence? His good looks? How wonderful he smells? The way he puts on his uniform?

No. The proclamations people are making about him are based on HIS ABILITIES AS A QUARTERBACK!

And, then you say ...

So you're basically acknowledging that abilities are tied to the Heisman Trophy, unless you're arguing that the Heisman is awarded based on a player's good looks. ;) :grin:

And then you suggest if his abilities were all that, he would have won the Heisman, but he didn't. So, yes, you did refer to his abilities, unless you're going to make an argument that the Heisman is won based on how handsome a player is. :laugh:

Then I go on to explain that players with great abilities in college, who go on to have success in the pros (Brady, Elway, Luck, etc.), have never won the Heisman.

I don't think you thought your comments through and when I rebutted your statement, you became sensitive, took offense and resulted to puerile insults.

But, again, if I hurt your feelings and caused such an unprovoked visceral response, I apologize.

I swear to God that only a simpleton would tie in any way what I said to something other than Lawrence's football abilities. Asking if what I said had to do with his looks or how he smells or questioning who are making all the proclamations about Lawrence explains a lot about why you have a reading comprehension problem. I couldn't have explained any better in my last reply and if you STILL have questions about it then don't reply until you've gone back to grade school and learned how to read. Don't reply because I'll just ignore it and if you do you'll further prove you don't understand even the simplest things.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Really?

And, then you say ...

:hammer:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I swear to God that only a simpleton would tie in any way what I said to something other than Lawrence's football abilities. Asking if what I said had to do with his looks or how he smells or questioning who are making all the proclamations about Lawrence explains a lot about why you have a reading comprehension problem. I couldn't have explained any better in my last reply and if you STILL have questions about it then don't reply until you've gone back to grade school and learned how to read. Don't reply because I'll just ignore it and if you do you'll further prove you don't understand even the simplest things.

You're confused.
There's nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. There is something wrong with your logic.
Defense exhibit A:

gjkoeppen said:
Nowhere did I say or imply anything about his abilities.

Now you say ...

gjkoeppen said:
I swear to G-d that only a simpleton would tie in any way what I said to something other than Lawrence's football abilities.

In any study of logic, what you said and what I just illustrated would be classified as a contradiction.

:laugh:

Maybe next time, lay off the Jerry Juice before you post. ;) :)

P.S., the good looks and smell line was humor, levity, joking, sarcasm. You know, not to be taken seriously - simply added for emphasis and contrast. That you took it seriously is kind of amusing, in a sweet kind of way. :)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've heard "best prospect since Luck"
Never heard the since manning comment. Maybe here, but not in general
That was his rep in high school and they said when he replaced Kelly Bryant at Clemson. Great things were expected of him and he partially delivered.

Lawrence has the same problem Brady has. They get too many of the other unis in their backfield and get hit too many times, they're just like every other QB.

He is going to need what every QB needs, protection and a team around him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love how the mods preach and cry to keep draft related talk in the draft zone then comment and let certain posts stay where they are. The hypocrisy!
Ya know, it is the offseason, officially for the Cowboys, and the subject, after all the gnashing of teeth and wailing, usually turns to the acquisition of talent.

If you were referring to me, it is not hypocrisy, what were you planning on discussing in the Fan Zone once the season ended? Haven't you had your fill of the cryin' about 2020 yet?

And please give me time to get as hardcore as you'd like, I am new at this. I am trying to become a reformed forum criminal.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Ya know, it is the offseason, officially for the Cowboys, and the subject, after all the gnashing of teeth and wailing, usually turns to the acquisition of talent.

If you were referring to me, it is not hypocrisy, what were you planning on discussing in the Fan Zone once the season ended? Haven't you had your fill of the cryin' about 2020 yet?

And please give me time to get as hardcore as you'd like, I am new at this. I am trying to become a reformed forum criminal.
I wasn't referring to you I was more so doing so to the mod who created the thread saying to post draft stuff in draft zone. I agree with you, its' the offseason and draft talk should be allowed here on the main board.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That was his rep in high school and they said when he replaced Kelly Bryant at Clemson. Great things were expected of him and he partially delivered.

Lawrence has the same problem Brady has. They get too many of the other unis in their backfield and get hit too many times, they're just like every other QB.

He is going to need what every QB needs, protection, and a team around him.
I agree that most QBs like to have time to throw.

Btw, I would not say Trevor Larence only partially delivered on having a great career.

3 seasons,
0 regular-season losses,
1 National Title,
1 National runnerup,
3 College Football Playoffs,
3 ACC titles,

That's one of the very best college careers ever.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Interesting post. You brought up something that I was thinking about but couldn't put my finger on it. You mentioned TL is as solid if a draft pick as anyone in the draft. I agree but does that mean he'll be a generational player? What kind of pro career do you he'll have. Or are you saying he will be a solid pro by your comment on him being a solid draft pick?

Maybe it's splitting hairs but I always think back to 89. Troy was the #1pick and was a generational player. Mandrich was a can't miss draft pick. I think there are great draft picks and also great players. By watching TL in college do you guys think he's the next Patrick Mahomes or a solid, safe draft pick. I'm just curious, since we're not getting him I'm curious what the consensus is.
I think Wilson will be better than Lawrence, he looks like Mahomes

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree that most QBs like to have time to throw.

Btw, I would not say Trevor Larence only partially delivered on having a great career.

3 seasons,
0 regular-season losses,
1 National Title,
1 National runnerup,
3 College Football Playoffs,
3 ACC titles,

That's one of the very best college careers ever.
It's the ACC and he wasn't the best QB in that conference the past 2 years. He just had the best team

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

*Best you immediately double yer' prior intake of criminal pills , today for a minimum period ,but,not in exceeding the span of any continuous 10 day length of time, tho the effects are greatly diminished to the point of zero net gain by skipping any scheduled day off x2 criminal pills enhancement sequence, I hope this rapid influx causes NO long term debilitating effects ( i.e. ) trouser hangin' below one's butt while engaged in Civic functions, petty theft in check-out lines & general disregard of lawn maintenance ( should anal leakage occur, stop taking this medication asap)o_O

:lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

Johnny23

Reaction score
What also amazes me is that everyone here who was pounding the table to do anything and everything to trade up to get TL was because Dak isn’t a winner.
What is TL’s championship record?
These people don’t make sense.
He's 1-1 in national championship games. He torched Bama his freshman year and last year everyone got their hate on Trevor moment when Joe Burrow stole the show.

In the CFP he's 4-2. The LSU game and this years Semifinals vs. Ohio State his loses.

Dak had his chance at being in the first CFP and Miss State wilted down the stretch in 2014.

People hate on you when you succeed and especially when you are continuing previous success. That's why ya'll love bashing Trevor because Clemson has become the new Yankees.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's the ACC and he wasn't the best QB in that conference the past 2 years. He just had the best team
Yeah, my fellow Tarheel fan.
You keep saying that but, IMO, it is not remotely true..
Just because he sat out most 4th quarters and had slightly lessor stats than some does not mean he was not the best QB in the ACC....by far.

But it's useless to argue to this point.
I know how you feel and that's cool