Lawrence - Not So Much

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yeah, my fellow Tarheel fan.
You keep saying that but, IMO, it is not remotely true..
Just because he sat out most 4th quarters and had slightly lessor stats than some does not mean he was not the best QB in the ACC....by far.

But it's useless to argue to this point.
I know how you feel and that's cool
I disagree. Howell has played better then Lawrence and has done so with less talent. If you put Lawrence on Carolina and Howell on Clemson would the stats be similar or different?

I'm willing to bet almost anything Lawrence doesn't go undefeated in the ACC and it's not close. Howell on the other hand would be undefeated and have 2 National Championships.

Lawrence can't be some once in a lifetime generational talent when it's debatable if he is best ACC QB much less the best in the nation.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Just because he sat out most 4th quarters and had slightly lessor stats than some does not mean he was not the best QB in the ACC....by far.

Something else I was thinking. If people want to give Lawrence wins in games he sat out in the 4th quarter but not give Dak the win against the Giants has a bias opinion...... not saying that's you just a general statement.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Something else I was thinking. If people want to give Lawrence wins in games he sat out in the 4th quarter but not give Dak the win against the Giants has a bias opinion...... not saying that's you just a general statement.
:lmao:

It wasn't me.

But winning by a few points and winning by 30 are not the same thing.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I disagree. Howell has played better then Lawrence and has done so with less talent. If you put Lawrence on Carolina and Howell on Clemson would the stats be similar or different?

I'm willing to bet almost anything Lawrence doesn't go undefeated in the ACC and it's not close. Howell on the other hand would be undefeated and have 2 National Championships.

Lawrence can't be some once in a lifetime generational talent when it's debatable if he is best ACC QB much less the best in the nation.
There's no point in arguing this. I do think anyone saying he's once ina generation (have not heard lifetime, but I hear you), etc...are over the top.

On the other topic, We'll agree to disagree. I do not think Howell was a better QB than Lawrence in any lifetime...and I'm a big Howell fan.

I think Howell has played very well and played all 4 quarters in most or all games.....and Carolina is LOADED at the skill positions
#1 rusher in ACC
#2 receiver in ACC
#3 rusher in ACC

Unfortunately, all of of those studs missed their bowl game vs A&M

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
There's no point in arguing this. I do think anyone saying he's once ina generation (have not heard lifetime, but I hear you), etc...are over the top.

On the other topic, We'll agree to disagree. I do not think Howell was a better QB than Lawrence in any lifetime...and I'm a big Howell fan.

I think Howell has played very well and played all 4 quarters in most or all games.....and Carolina is LOADED at the skill positions
#1 rusher in ACC
#2 receiver in ACC
#3 rusher in ACC

Unfortunately, all of of those studs missed their bowl game vs A&M
None of those players on offense will go in top 3 rounds, and Clemson RB is rated better then Williams(which I disagree) and Clemson has receivers that that got drafted in the 2nd. Clemson has the better team and its not debatable.

Lawrence is overrated. I don't think he dies better than Howell if they switched teams and Howell would have done better or at worst the same as Lawrence if switched.

Many people have claimed Lawrence is once in a lifetime talent. My point, doesn't matter if he is better or not, it's debatable that Lawrence isn't even best QB in ACC.

kskboys

Reaction score
LAWRENCE is no HERBERT. He is more Blaine Gabbert. Not trying to throw shade on the kid, but he seems to fold in big games..and his mechanics are not very good. MAYBE I am dead wrong. He is def a good QB prospect, but no way is he top 5 material. Bottom of round 1, MAYBE. Zach Wilson is a better prospect. The tape doesnt lie. The kid looks pro ready.
No he doesn't.

Yeah, that's like the debate between Payton and Leaf.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I've always thought Fields was a better pick for me. I don't know what it is about TL
He is a less athletic Carson wentz with more accuracy.

his ceiling is going 9-7 with the Jaguars for the next decade

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
With all the talk earlier in the season that the Cowboys should tank to possibly get a crack at Lawrence and all the talk about Lawrence going to be the next great QB, yet with so many people trying to make all their proclamations about Lawrence you would think he would have been an automatic lock for and gotten college football biggest award, the Heisman Trophy. But he didn't. As always, I'll wait and see what a player does in the NFL before making any proclamations.
You say you'll wait and see what a player does in the NFL before making any proclamations but lament he wasn't given a meaningless college award? Weird take.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
What a dumb thread. His championship record sucks? He's 1-1. The Sugar Bowl was not a championship game. If you want to add in all playoff games, He's 3-2.

The Heisman part is dishonest. Lawrence finished second and missed two games. It is largely believed that he would have won had he played a full slate of games.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score

Well said my guy. Sam Howell is a beast though, and to me the clear 2nd best in the ACC last season.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You're confused.
There's nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. There is something wrong with your logic.
Defense exhibit A:

Now you say ...

In any study of logic, what you said and what I just illustrated would be classified as a contradiction.

:laugh:

Maybe next time, lay off the Jerry Juice before you post. ;) :)

P.S., the good looks and smell line was humor, levity, joking, sarcasm. You know, not to be taken seriously - simply added for emphasis and contrast. That you took it seriously is kind of amusing, in a sweet kind of way. :)

You proved over and over and over and over again that you do have a reading comprehension problem. Go back and find where I said something speaking for my own personal beliefs anything bad about Lawrence's playing ability. You won't find any because I didn't. See in your little mind you equated (that word means 2 or more things seem like the same thing) what I've said that the sporting world has made all sorts of proclamations and have raved about Lawrence so one ( again meaning all the average Joe's out there) would think that Lawrence had a automatic complete total lock on winning the Heisman and then I stated a fact by saying Lawrence did not win it, and you've equated that I personally stated bad things bout his abilities. Nowhere in ANY of my comments did I state or imply my own opinion of what I think Lawrence's football abilities are.until after all of your comprehension problems arose I finally said that I think Lawrence did a really good job in college but as always I'll wait and see what a player does in the NFL before making any proclamations.

As I said before get some reading lessons.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You say you'll wait and see what a player does in the NFL before making any proclamations but lament he wasn't given a meaningless college award? Weird take.

I swear some people here read more into what has be written than what really has been written. I made a statement on what the sporting world have said about Lawrence (key words sporting world) and because of that I said you as in all the average Joe's in the world would think that Lawrence was a lock to get the Heisman and then I stated a fact by saying he didn't win it. Now nothing there is lamenting, but stating facts.

Every year even players I thought played really good in college, I say the same thing and that is I'll wait and see what they do in the NFL before making any proclamations.

You may think the Heisman is meaningless and I couldn't care less but colleges and the sporting world acknowledge it is the biggest honor and award for a college football player. Now tell me all the Heisman Trophy winners that immediately after being handed the trophy said thanks for this meaningless award.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that most QBs like to have time to throw.

Btw, I would not say Trevor Larence only partially delivered on having a great career.

3 seasons,
0 regular-season losses,
1 National Title,
1 National runnerup,
3 College Football Playoffs,
3 ACC titles,

That's one of the very best college careers ever.
I do not judge a QB on his career, if I did, I would want Kellen Moore back at QB.

During his time at Clemson, take a look at the NFLers off those teams. I don't judge his career based off the team accomplishments anymore than I do Mac Jones or Joe Burrow, who play(ed) on the two best college offenses I have ever seen. Were they the drivers on those O's? Sure but look at that talent.

I judge Lawrence by what I see under pressure and when he's faced good defenses and I think he's a great college QB but I am not sold he's the next Luck or Manning.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I've always thought Fields was a better pick for me. I don't know what it is about TL

Fields reminds me of Deshaun Watson but may be even more accurate. His decision making is very good. Trevor may be a great QB but I have yet to see him not throw to a wide open receiver. I want to see him have to make those tough throws. Dunno maybe I’m not looking hard enough.

Loso86

Reaction score
Fields reminds me of Deshaun Watson but may be even more accurate. His decision making is very good. Trevor may be a great QB but I have yet to see him not throw to a wide open receiver. I want to see him have to make those tough throws. Dunno maybe I’m not looking hard enough.
No I agree with you, plus he was outdueled face to face