OL Andrew Donnal

OL Justin Evans

DL Christian LeCouture

DB Kai Nacua

DB Jackson Porter

WR DeVier Posey

LS Trent Sieg

LB Alvin Jones

I remember people in the DraftZone guaranteeing Scooby Wright would be the next Sean Lee...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kikaha is better than both Armstrong and Tapper right now. And Kikaha was more productive in college and his first year in the league than Taco. You can't teach his kind of intensity. Even with his injury concerns, I love the passion and fight he plays with.

Cowboys need more of those kind of players, measurements should not the be all and end all.

He’s 245 LBs. That means he is limited to being a situational pass rusher in a 4-3 defense. He played LB for NO. Again, we have situational pass rushers already, plus more all around DEs. As for him being more productive as a rookie than Taco, he played a lot more as a rookie than Taco did, yet only had one more sack than Taco. Plus he doesn’t have the size to play both run and pass like Taco. As for him being better than Armstrong - maybe, or maybe not. His stats certainly aren’t such that Armstrong would have no chance to match them. 8 total sacks in 2 years doesn’t wow me. Plus we already have Armstrong under contract, so he wouldn’t be replaced unless it were by someone clearly and undeniably better, and with more upside in the future.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s 245 LBs. That means he is limited to being a situational pass rusher in a 4-3 defense. He played LB for NO. Again, we have situational pass rushers already, plus more all around DEs. As for him being more productive as a rookie than Taco, he played a lot more as a rookie than Taco did, yet only had one more sack than Taco. Plus he doesn’t have the size to play both run and pass like Taco. As for him being better than Armstrong - maybe, or maybe not. His stats certainly aren’t such that Armstrong would have no chance to match them. 8 total sacks in 2 years doesn’t wow me. Plus we already have Armstrong under contract, so he wouldn’t be replaced unless it were by someone clearly and undeniably better, and with more upside in the future.
If we needed an immediate subpackage rusher, then I would be very interested in him. However we dont, and at that slot on the depth chart Im far more interested in Armstrong's upside

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Arizona Cardinals

LB Scooby Wright

RB Darius Victor

DB Chris Campbell

TE Alec Bloom

K Matt McCrane

LB Matt Oplinger

Atlanta Falcons

DB Ron Parker

OL Jamil Douglas

LB Anthony Wimbush

OL Austin Pasztor

Baltimore Ravens

TE Nick Keizer

CB Robertson Daniel

OL Andrew Donnal

OL Justin Evans

DL Christian LeCouture

DB Kai Nacua

DB Jackson Porter

WR DeVier Posey

LS Trent Sieg

LB Alvin Jones

I think Austin Pasztor is a better option at tackle than Chaz Green.

Then again, who isn't?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Austin Pasztor is a better option at tackle than Chaz Green.

Then again, who isn't?

I noticed he was cut. If we decide to keep 4OTs he would definitely be a better choice than Green. He might be more than the Cowboys want to spend on a 3rd teamere though, but he may be as good or better than Fleming.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I noticed he was cut. If we decide to keep 4OTs he would definitely be a better choice than Green. He might be more than the Cowboys want to spend on a 3rd teamere though, but he may be as good or better than Fleming.

He was only costing the Falcons around $900,000 under the contract he was just cut from. Doesn't seem to much.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was only costing the Falcons around $900,000 under the contract he was just cut from. Doesn't seem to much.

Nope. Seems like a guy to look at if we want to have 4 OTs, which we may given Smith’s history of back problems.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals

LB Scooby Wright

RB Darius Victor

DB Chris Campbell

TE Alec Bloom

K Matt McCrane

LB Matt Oplinger

Atlanta Falcons

DB Ron Parker

OL Jamil Douglas