League Cuts of Note

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Cowboys should sign Kikaha, he is relentless pass rusher even though injury prone. Titans covet him and Rams with Wade should.

Yeah, and I liked him when he was being drafted, as people from the old site can attest. I wouldn't mind us giving him a go here. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time we've rolled the dice on someone like him.

Reactions: BAT

DiResta

Reaction score
Very first cut should have been Chaz Green..

Actually should of been after the Atlanta game.
I'm curious about the message they're trying to send by playing him.
we aren't seeing a high-effort guy just failing
it's like he just get's lazy and stops his feet, lunges, rinse and repeat

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Very first cut should have been Chaz Green..

Actually should of been after the Atlanta game.

No, it shouldn't have. As bad as he was in that game, you don't cut a player for one terrible outing.

Dallas did the absolutely right thing by seeing if he could bounce back from that performance the preseason. The fact that he didn't doesn't make that a wrong decision.

Look at Doug Free. He was never great (and should not have been expected to be). However, he was so bad that Dallas got him to take a pay cut, and he bounce back.

Green proved this preseason that he's mentally broken. I don't know if there's a coach out there who can salvage him. I won't be surprised if someone tries, though. I just hope it's not us. It's time to move on now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm curious about the message they're trying to send by playing him.
we aren't seeing a high-effort guy just failing
it's like he just get's lazy and stops his feet, lunges, rinse and repeat

The only thing I can think of I see another one of those "he knows the system" decisions. Always terrible.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
NFL.com | Cuts tracker: NFL teams finalizing 53-player rosters

The NFL preseason is over. The season is less than a week away from kicking off -- and that means it's time for teams to trim their rosters.

Here's a team-by-team rundown of every player cut as NFL general managers trim their rosters to the mandatory 53-player limit by Saturday's 4 p.m. ET deadline. We will update this list as cuts are officially announced by teams:

Arizona Cardinals

TE Alec Bloom, CB Chris Campbell, LB Matt Oplinger, LB Scooby Wright

Atlanta Falcons

OT Austin Pasztor, S Ron Parker, CB Leon McFadden

Baltimore Ravens

CB Robertson Daniel, G/T Andrew Donnal, G Justin Evans, TE Nick Keizer, DE Christian LaCouture, DB Kai Nacua, CB Jackson Porter, WR DeVier Posey, LS Trent Sieg, LB Alvin Jones

Buffalo Bills

Carolina Panthers

Chicago Bears

Cincinnati Bengals

Cleveland Browns

TE Stephen Baggett, DB Christian Boutte, DB Elijah Campbell, OL Anthony Fabiano, DL Jeremy Faulk, OL Avery Gennesy, WR Jeff Janis, OL Fred Lauina, QB Brogan Roback, DB Derron Smith, DL Blaine Woodson

Dallas Cowboys

Denver Broncos

Detroit Lions

Green Bay Packers

Houston Texans

OT Roderick Johnson, P Shane Lechler, WR Braxton Miller

Indianapolis Colts

S T.J. Green

Jacksonville Jaguars

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Chargers

Los Angeles Rams

WR Fred Brown, K Sam Ficken, DB Nate Holley, RB Nick Holley, WR Codey McElroy, WR JoJo Natson, OT Darrell Williams, OT Cornelius Lucas, DB Afolabi Laguda, WR Kendal Thompson

Miami Dolphins

TE Gavin Escobar

Minnesota Vikings

WR Cayleb Jones, WR Korey Robertson, WR Jake Wieneke, QB Peter Pujals, LB Antwione Williams, G Kaleb Jones, G Kareem Are, T Dieugot Joseph, CB Trevon Mathis, RB Kobe McCray, FB Luke McNitt, LB Mike Needham, C JP Quinn, LB Brett Taylor

New England Patriots

DL Frank Herron, CB Ryan Lewis, WR Devin Lucien, RB Khalfani Muhammad, WR Paul Turner

New Orleans Saints

WR Michael Floyd, WR Brandon Tate, DT Henry Mondeaux

New York Giants

New York Jets

RB George Atkinson, G Alex Balducci, LB David Bass, CB Xavier Coleman, DL Xavier Cooper, FB Dimitri Flowers, T Antonio Garcia, G Gino Gradkowski, LB Obum Gwacham, T Darius James, WR Charles Johnson, LB Kevin Minter, DL Kendall Reyes, S Kacy Rodgers II, G Dakoda Shepley, CB Terrell Sinkfield, DL Mych Thomas, QB John Wolford

Oakland Raiders

WR Griff Whalen

Philadelphia Eagles

Pittsburgh Steelers

San Francisco 49ers

RB Joe Williams

Seattle Seahawks

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

RB Charles Sims

Tennessee Titans

CB Demontre Hurst

Washington Commanders

Wouldn't mind us giving him a look, at least on our PS.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Lesson for Rico: Learn how to block.

Escobar has a huge catch radius and great hands. Knows his routes. Was touted as one of the great new receiving TEs. But is a slow, plodding, long strider. Much like Rico, only better in many ways. And he struggles to make a 53.

Escobar should have put on weight and strength to become a blocker with a huge catch radius. That's a great player to have. But without the blocking, he can't stick. He's just a big, slow, plodding WR. No one has a need for that.

Learn to block, Rico. Don't be Escobar. You already have more than enough strength and power. Just learn. Or you could spend your career struggling to make a roster.
:hammer: