Twitter: Leon Hall to Visit per Rapoport

lostar2009

Reaction score
To be honest I'll rather have these second tier guys starting over these roster nobodies we keep finding and plugging in. This is just not a good year for us to upgrade the secondary. I see nothing in Ramsey besides a kid who always tries to hit hard.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
In other CB news, remember how a few here were willing to go $4-5MM on Nolan Carroll, because that's what the market was dictating for league average CBs?

Good times.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Upgrade over Carr or Claiborne. With Scandrick coming back and Jones as an option, if this guy really that much of a difference maker? I don't see any elevation worth getting giddy about.

There aren't any players worth getting giddy about left, because most players in the NFL that haven't been suspended or retired twice don't take low base incentive laden contracts.

If you're expecting a "giddy" signing, you're going to be disappointed. That ship has sailed.

But, there are still a few solid football players. From what I'm reading, I still like Hall over Carr. He's a good player.

jjktkk

Reaction score
There's a difference between a tweener and a versatile player. A tweener is a guy who has some of the attributes to play both positions but maybe not the overall skill set to play either. The versatile guy can do both. And that will be the conundrum with Ramsey. If you see him as versatile, he's a top 5 pick to you. If he's a tweener, he's one of the most overrated players in this class.

I would bet even the NFL teams will disagree on this issue.

This makes sense, except picking at 4, I want more than 'versatility'. For example, I don't recall Patrick Peterson ever playng both CB and S positions in college, but rather Peterson dominating one position. Picking 4 I would want Ramsey to be a shutdown corner, just because of how high a pick he would be.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Speaking only for myself, I have hesitation if it is this late in the game and there is not even a consensus from NFL types about what his best pro position would be. They just rave on his athleticism and freakishness.

Still don't get this line of thinking.

The fact that people think he has pro bowl potential at two positions is a negative?

In what world does this make sense? On what planet?

Personally I stick him and Jones deep and overnight we have the most athletic and high upside tandem in football. In a passing league? Yes please.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If Scandrick returns to form, he is our best corner. Better than those folks want to break the bank on.

Coming back from missing the entire seaosn with a serious injury and 29 years old. Several corners got very friendly deals this offseason. Like I already said, I don't want the team to throw money at the position, but it was incredibly weak and hasn't been addressed at all. It doesn't just need bodies, the position needs a ton of talent.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I swear my eyes go crossed every time I read how a FA signing can put the team in position to draft properly.

I mean, otherwise...you have to reach, folks. Those are the rules.

Because this team needs all the help it can get to go the right direction in the draft. I don't want any need strings tugging at their draft hearts. It would be nice to not have to worry about that, but it is what it is.

Shatz88

Reaction score
I think this is meant for Carr not Ramsey. Why the hate for Ramsey all of a sudden ? I see a lot of board members saying they don't want him

Agreed. If they sign someone like Hall and get a CB high in the draft, I see the team making Carr their June 1st cut. Then I see the savings from cutting Carr used to sign the draft picks.