Let's ban Stephen A Smith from this board. That will be a badge of honor for all of us

btgboys41

Reaction score
Why ban him and whatever the answer to that, would also mean many others would be banned. He is one of many who in part build their brands off the shine of the Cowboys. Let’s all bask in only those that praise the cowboys. Sound good?

nathanlt

Reaction score
I asked for this month's ago and was denied.
Oh, well I'll give you credit for that. If nothing else, maybe the thread content can have his name tagged. Then I can block posts or entire threads tagged with his name, and enjoy Cowboyszone all the more.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Two years ago, about the time I went on blood pressure meds, I swore I’d never watch him again. And I’ve been true to myself on that. But I can see from lead ins and promos on ESPN he is exactly the same. And I’m off the meds now. Life is better, and I suspect longer, if you don’t watch SAS.
Are you suggesting that you let a TV talking head get you so riled up you needed meds for it? Dude...

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Gotta admit, when he says the Cowboys are the same ole Cowboys..Then talks just wait, just wait and see....Then Dak drops another one and done...Only way to shut em up is WIN.!!
This, X 1,000,000,000

The best medicine against people who talk trash about you is to win to the point that they can no longer trash talk you

Whether people like it or not, the Cowboys basically made SAS look like one of the most prolific prophets since Isaiah or Elijah.

Pretty much everything he said about our team and our postseason prospects came to fruition, just as he said it would

Instead of talking about banning him, what I would love to see would be for the Cowboys to shut him up and make him look like a fool rather than a soothsayer.

CWR

Reaction score
I don't watch him, or listen to him. This board is the only way that I'd ever read about his provocative stupidity. And I wish I could block that somehow.
You're not wrong, but don't expect these ball busters to agree with you. Half of them just argue to argue.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we banned everyone in the media that people hated, we would have to ban everyone in the media because all media personalities have their detractors.

The way I look at media people is watch who you like and avoid or don't watch/click who you don't.

I don't take what they say personally because their opinions matter no more or less than every other sports fan.

The Cowboys are a popular topic because they are both extremely loved and hated by many sports fans, so of course there are going to be sports personalities who hype the Cowboys and those who insult them.

Then every so often you are going to see those people switch sides, just to setup a glorious return to their original opinions the moment opportuntity presents itself.

In the end, nothing they say matters even if you agree with it.

nathanlt

Reaction score
If we banned everyone in the media that people hated, we would have to ban everyone in the media because all media personalities have their detractors.

The way I look at media people is watch who you like and avoid or don't watch/click who you don't.

I don't take what they say personally because their opinions matter no more or less than every other sports fan.

The Cowboys are a popular topic because they are both extremely loved and hated by many sports fans, so of course there are going to be sports personalities who hype the Cowboys and those who insult them.

Then every so often you are going to see those people switch sides, just to setup a glorious return to their original opinions the moment opportuntity presents itself.

In the end, nothing they say matters even if you agree with it.
Any chance we can have threads about SAS tagged, so they can be blocked as a user preference??? Including this one, for all I care.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
What do you say? Are the mods on board with this? The guy is not even serious, he only says things that are provocatively stupid to entice more viewers and conversations about him.

The only way I know what he says is because people post his stuff here.

What do you think?
Stephen A. Smith is a paid troll for whatever network was stupid enough to employ him. However, strangely, in his interview with Troy Aikman, he actually acted like a professional journalist by having an intelligent and relevant conversation. That tells me he can do a good job if he wants to. Unfortunately, most of the time he just trolls. I would lose any sleep if they ban links to his trolling. On the other hand, I don't find it absolutely necessary either because I usually just don't even click on any links if I know they're about him.