Let's Discuss the Real Cancer on This Team - Witten

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I think the cat is out of the bag on this that Witten has a big influence with the coaches and front office. We heard these rumblings when TO was released, Crayton echoed the same things, and now Dez solidified it once more.

Witten is past his prime and needs to retire. He may be seen as a consummate professional but I just don't see how if he's the one angling for players to be released. How was it that Rico Gathers suffered this "season-ending" concussion in training camp? Is it curious to anyone that Rico was shelved the entire year due to that? It makes a lot sense if Witten felt threatened that his role would be in jeopardy if Rico was to play so he goes to the staff to get him shutdown for the year.

Maybe there's a man wearing #82 reason why these 2nd round TEs just didn't work out over these past years...

I think we found our next Doug Free and Dez Bryant for 2018....:lmao:

So you’re believing what Dez is saying? Lol! No, I’ll stick with the dude who’s been nothing but professional his entire career. A guy who has never had sideline theatrics and who has led by example. Witten’s athleticism may have lessened but his heart and leadership have not.

landroverking

Reaction score
Crayon and TO as sources??
With all due respect to the OP, me thinks you maybe off the reservation. Lol.

Bluestang

Reaction score
“Witten didn’t talk to me when I was in Dallas, he didn’t help me.” Bennett said. “Very rarely did we talk. He didn’t teach me nothing. I would ask him for advice and he would say, ‘Figure it out yourself.’ I hated him. I hated Witten.”

“I’m not a backup, so yea, I was frustrated as f***,” Bennett continued. “I’m faster than him, I’m stronger than him, I can jump higher than him. Then I kept thinking, ‘So how the hell is he always open?’

Asked about Jason Garrett, Bennett’s response was far less long-winded. But he made sure to say, “F*** Jason.”

https://www.all22.com/new-england-p...cowboys-head-coach-jason-garrett#.WtNVU4jwaUk

Starting to make sense yet???

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He must be a big influence on his teammates as well since they keep voting him in as team captain.
The team captain thing is a byproduct of brainwashing. Or hypnotism. Or bullying. Or Witten simply shaking his head at everyone else in derision.

jchap

Reaction score
I'd buy a book with evil mastermind Jason Witten as the antagonist being thwarted by a valiant forum-goer who uncovers his web of lies through internet research and speculation.

RomoFor6

Reaction score
This guy and his family just went on vacation with Garrett his family and the Jones family. Anyone who thinks he isn't retiring as a Cowboy is out of their mind. 0% chance spineless Jerry cuts him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't know if he does or not but its embarassing he got restructured but Dez got cut. Both should've been released. Witten offers nothing at this point that others can't provide.

Bluestang

Reaction score
How many players are gonna keep saying the same things? This isn't like its been the first time it's been said...

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I know witten is yalls golden boy, but op is right. Dude is hindering this team and needs to go. From forcing talented players out, to crappy blocking, untimely false starts, and being slow as molasses, he needs to go asap.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
So you’re believing what Dez is saying? Lol! No, I’ll stick with the dude who’s been nothing but professional his entire career. A guy who has never had sideline theatrics and who has led by example. Witten’s athleticism may have lessened but his heart and leadership have not.

Maybe as a level headed guy that for the most part has been tantrum free, the staff pays more attention to JW's recommendations.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I don't think witten is a cancer at all he has been a really good player for the cowboys but he like ware and tony and dez were never able to get the cowboys any success in the playoffs his personal resume is really good but he never came close to being able to realize any of his team goals

Batman1980

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Witten a cancer, but he does need to retire or should have been release....need to get younger at te..

The problem with this thinking is we're paper thin at WR and none of the other TEs we have are ready to be the #1 guy.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Fact: Witten's performance on the field for several seasons hasn't matched his price tag yet he isn't being released.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This is where I can’t buy what OP is saying BUT I do get where it’s coming from. It’s similar to what Dez is saying. Sometimes these players don’t know how to express things perfectly you can see through the cracks. Last season I posted here that Witten was in the Ticket late in the season and I honestly couldn’t tell the difference between he and Garrett...”team” “good guys” “we can win it all” “no issues, just working small things out.” What I’m saying is that behind the scenes it has more to do with Garrett and that the stormtrooper/robots are just taking heat for folllwing. Which is a messed up dynamic since Jerry is meddling somewhere in there

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Fact: Witten's performance on the field for several seasons hasn't matched his price tag yet he isn't being released.

Yes, but Witten isn't throwing toys out of the crib in the locker room and sidelines.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I think the cat is out of the bag on this that Witten has a big influence with the coaches and front office. We heard these rumblings when TO was released, Crayton echoed the same things, and now Dez solidified it once more.

Witten is past his prime and needs to retire. He may be seen as a consummate professional but I just don't see how if he's the one angling for players to be released. How was it that Rico Gathers suffered this "season-ending" concussion in training camp? Is it curious to anyone that Rico was shelved the entire year due to that? It makes a lot sense if Witten felt threatened that his role would be in jeopardy if Rico was to play so he goes to the staff to get him shutdown for the year.

Maybe there's a man wearing #82 reason why these 2nd round TEs just didn't work out over these past years...

I think we found our next Doug Free and Dez Bryant for 2018....:lmao:

Putting Witten and cancer in the same sentence should invalidate your fan card.

Nobody shows more heart that Witten. He's been invaluable to this team for 15 years. He was an All-Pro and mentor to the younger Cowboys for too long to classify him that way. We all know he's rounding out his career and isn't the player he once was; but to refer to him as a "cancer"? Dude!

All this is is a conspiracy theory. Witten's not the type to go to the FO and hamstring the production of the younger players for his own personal gain. If you don't know that by now then you know nothing.

We all get old. And one day you will too. Remember what you say so you have something to think about when it's your butt sitting on the street. There's a way to handle Cowboy legends and a way not to. Your way ain't it. Witt is signed through 2021. I don't see any way he's the premier TE over the length of that contract but his knowledge of the game and experience is gonna shape the new breed. He'll be restructured and eventually we'll have to eat it, but come on. The man deserves more respect than you're giving him.