Let's Discuss the Real Cancer on This Team - Witten

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think the cat is out of the bag on this that Witten has a big influence with the coaches and front office. We heard these rumblings when TO was released, Crayton echoed the same things, and now Dez solidified it once more.

Witten is past his prime and needs to retire. He may be seen as a consummate professional but I just don't see how if he's the one angling for players to be released. How was it that Rico Gathers suffered this "season-ending" concussion in training camp? Is it curious to anyone that Rico was shelved the entire year due to that? It makes a lot sense if Witten felt threatened that his role would be in jeopardy if Rico was to play so he goes to the staff to get him shutdown for the year.

Maybe there's a man wearing #82 reason why these 2nd round TEs just didn't work out over these past years...

I think we found our next Doug Free and Dez Bryant for 2018....:lmao:
I’ve heard it all here now. Our fans crapping on a Man of the Year guy like Witten. How many games did he miss? How many games did he play hurt? I swear our fans are the stupidest fans anywhere. This thread is a CZ classic.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
You dont see Witten whining on the sideline like Dez was when he isnt being used (Seattle Game) and the team is doing well.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that I agree with this, but it's an interesting theory nonetheless.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Well I guess no one is safe anymore...stop being miserable and look forward to a good draft and a great 2018.

Anyone calling witten a Cancer is looking for attention or being dramatic, either way it is not productive and asinine. He may be over the hill and not as productive as he was, I'll even concede he is overpaid potentially....but no where near being called a Cancer.

This site is full of ridiculous posts since dez got cut

Agreed. Dez is responsible for his own actions, nobody else. Witten is a class act guy and doesn't deserve to get blamed for someone else's issues.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I know witten is yalls golden boy, but op is right. Dude is hindering this team and needs to go. From forcing talented players out, to crappy blocking, untimely false starts, and being slow as molasses, he needs to go asap.

All you folks need to mentally prepare yourselves to watch Jason Witten as a Dallas Cowboy in 2018, because it is happening regardless of if you like it or not. The money and roster speak volumes.
  • Witten's cap hit is 3.3 Mil, which is close to the bottom of the league for a starting TE salary.
  • Witten still caught the seventh most balls in the NFL at his position last year.
  • It would cost Dallas more to cut him (4.7 Mil) than keep him.
  • Rico Gathers has never caught a pass in a regular season game and was out the entire year from a concussion. He is unproven and it is unknown if that will be a recurring issue.
  • There is no proven player behind him, yet Dallas has only interviewed late round and undrafted TE prospects.

#82 is lining up every game this season. 2019 will be the decision year when his salary escalates again and it costs much less to cut him.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Maybe Witten wasnt helpful many years ago with that legendarily idiotic Marty Bennett, but by ALL accounts, he's working hard tutoring Rico Gathers now.
He raves about Gathers and vice versa.

Btw, Jerry Rice famously treated the young WRs the same way Witten treated Bennett. Especially the less serious ones....like Bennett.
Maybe Rice changed too, I dont know.

If anyone wants to say time for Witten to retire, I wont argue either way.
Maybe so.

But saying one of least cancerous players is a cancer is an incredibly moronic observation.

Last edited:

Bluestang

Reaction score
Maybe Witten wasnt helpful many years ago with that legendarily idiotic Marty Bennett, but by ALL accounts, he's working hard tutoring Rico Gathers now.

Btw, Jerry Rice famously treated the young WRs the same way Witten treated Bennett. Especially the less serious ones....like Bennett.

Maybe so.

But saying one of least cancerous players is a cancer is an incredibly moronic observation.

So you give Witten a pass for not mentoring Bennett when he was here? If only Bennett had someone to learn the game from back then...

Imagine how this team would have been if you had Witten and Bennett as dual threats?

Seems to me that Witten is in the same category as the Diva WRs but just doesn’t advertise it like them. In opinion it’s worse, because behind the scenes he’s looking for his best interests and not the teams.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So you give Witten a pass for not mentoring Bennett when he was here? If only Bennett had someone to learn the game from back then...

Imagine how this team would have been if you had Witten and Bennett as dual threats?

Seems to me that Witten is in the same category as the Diva WRs but just doesn’t advertise it like them. In opinion it’s worse, because behind the scenes he’s looking for his best interests and not the teams.
We're on the same page to some degree there.
That was long time ago. He had no obligation to mentor Bennett more, but I think if he had a re-so he would do it differently.
Bennett was just so brash and had the air that he was better than Witten...I'm sure it made it harder to bend over backwards for the guy.
btw, Bennett has rubbed people wrong at every single stop he has had...and that is a lot of stops.

Over the years, Witten has become a strong mentor for almost anyone that asks.
Recall D Murray saying that Witten taking him under his wing basically changed his football life.
Now Rico is speaking about Witten like he's Ghandi...lol
He calls Dez his brother for life and always talks about the bond they formed being raised in fatherless homes, etc.
He has evolved over time.

Bluestang

Reaction score
We're on the same page to some degree there.
That was long time ago. He had no obligation to mentor Bennett more, but I think if he had a re-so he would do it differently.
Bennett was just so brash and had the air that he was better than Witten...I'm sure it made it harder to bend over backwards for the guy.
btw, Bennett has rubbed people wrong at every single stop he has had...and that is a lot of stops.

Over the years, Witten has become a strong mentor for almost anyone that asks.
Recall D Murray saying that Witten taking him under his wing basically changed his football life.
Now Rico is speaking about Witten like he's Ghandi...lol
He calls Dez his brother for life and always talks about the bond they formed being raised in fatherless homes, etc.
He has evolved over time.

In retrospect Cancer was not the best term to describe Witten but nonetheless if the front office and coaches are taking inputs from him on what players to keep and/or he’s going to them about grievances than I see it the same way as a player acting out on the sidelines.

Last season was frustrating for everyone. Scandrick went directly at Garrett during a game we were getting blown out and look where he’s at now. Dez is outspoken on the sidelines because he wants to win. TO was the same way. I don’t care what happens on the sidelines...I care more about what happens in between those sidelines and to single out these players because they were easy targets is ******* cop out way of doing business.

Bluestang

Reaction score
What else can you do when an idiot calls Jason Witten a Cancer

Call the poster an idiot as well that adds no value to this thread. Thank you for you the most useless, and idiotic response to my thread.

I bet you didn’t read Reality’s stickied thread. Idiot.

Proximo

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that I agree with this, but it's an interesting theory nonetheless.

I don’t think “interesting” is the word I’d use to describe it.

At least it was rightfully whisked away to the Drama Zone where it belongs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Call the poster an idiot as well that adds no value to this thread. Thank you for you the most useless, and idiotic response to my thread.

I bet you didn’t read Reality’s stickied thread. Idiot.
A useless and idiotic response to a useless and idiotic thread. Witten a cancer? Come on man....

Last edited:

GreenMean69

Reaction score

Maybe so.

exactly .... why is he going to help someone replace him. Would anyone willingly do that at their job ? Hell nah , the Bennets are sensitive lil guys