Let's Discuss the Real Cancer on This Team - Witten

GreenMean69

Reaction score
And?

One of them was a late hit by a Seattle linemen in pre-season when Romo slid awkwardly and was still sitting upright because he was just getting off surgery and was still fat.. a two hundred plus linemen falling on you while sitting will hurt pretty much anybody..

Like the actual experts say, that was standard injury that any player would have gotten. And his recovery time was just as long as the experts said it would, but we decided to go with the bum..

a Bum that made it 2 seasons in a row with out landing on IR ... imo thats improvement to me .... Does not matter if you are THE best qb in the world " which Romo was not" if you cant be there on game day what good are you

BillyBates

Reaction score
Witten really, this dude missed like 1 game in his career. he has done sooooo much for our team for sooooo many years with how many different coaches\OCs. he will be a 1st round HOF for sure. I think his placard for our stadiums ring of honor is already made and its in JJs garage at home waiting for his retirement announcement. being apart of our ring speaks a Texas mile for what he means to us fans and what he has accomplished as a Cowboy and an All Pro Player.
I wish we had 52 more Witten's in our locker room. 6-7&8 would be in the bag.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the cat is out of the bag on this that Witten has a big influence with the coaches and front office. We heard these rumblings when TO was released, Crayton echoed the same things, and now Dez solidified it once more.

Witten is past his prime and needs to retire. He may be seen as a consummate professional but I just don't see how if he's the one angling for players to be released. How was it that Rico Gathers suffered this "season-ending" concussion in training camp? Is it curious to anyone that Rico was shelved the entire year due to that? It makes a lot sense if Witten felt threatened that his role would be in jeopardy if Rico was to play so he goes to the staff to get him shutdown for the year.

Maybe there's a man wearing #82 reason why these 2nd round TEs just didn't work out over these past years...

I think we found our next Doug Free and Dez Bryant for 2018....:lmao:

Let me guess. You were a Dez fan...

Bluestang

Reaction score
Let me guess. You were a Dez fan...

I am a Dallas Cowboys fan. Witten’s contract vs his production hasn’t matched in years however he’s still with the team. Witten has cost this team points in games with his false starts and holding penalties. He’s going to do it again this year too. There’s plenty of blame to go around for 2017, Bryant was not immune to that but why is 82 given a pass? It’s not like Witten is beating his 1v1 matchups either. So why again is 82 on this team if the FO is cutting players that don’t live up to expectations? Bryant was ultimately let go because he wasn’t afraid to call out the coaches for their ****** game plans, play calling, and adjustments. Witten is going to see decreased production again because Dak does not have the accuracy and is too conservative to throw in tight windows and that has been Witten’s calling card his whole career.

This team did the same thing to DeMarcus Ware and he was never a “trouble maker”. My point is that the FO has never been afraid of letting aging players go but somehow Jason keeps getting the benefit of the doubt.

Bottom line is Witten is a stop gap that is harming this team more than helping.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bryant was ultimately let go because he wasn’t afraid to call out the coaches for their ****ty game plans, play calling, and adjustments.
As I figured.

Dez probably has similarities to you personally while Witten is probably much different than you personally.

CapnB

Reaction score
I like funny stuff. This is funny stuff. Does anybody want some bacon?

Bluestang

Reaction score
As I figured.

Dez probably has similarities to you personally while Witten is probably much different than you personally.

This is all you can come up with? Aren’t you supposed to be some sort of “smart engineer guy”? I think your better than that or are you?

As I figured myself...

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
I think the cat is out of the bag on this that Witten has a big influence with the coaches and front office. We heard these rumblings when TO was released, Crayton echoed the same things, and now Dez solidified it once more.

Witten is past his prime and needs to retire. He may be seen as a consummate professional but I just don't see how if he's the one angling for players to be released. How was it that Rico Gathers suffered this "season-ending" concussion in training camp? Is it curious to anyone that Rico was shelved the entire year due to that? It makes a lot sense if Witten felt threatened that his role would be in jeopardy if Rico was to play so he goes to the staff to get him shutdown for the year.

Maybe there's a man wearing #82 reason why these 2nd round TEs just didn't work out over these past years...

I think we found our next Doug Free and Dez Bryant for 2018....:lmao:
They just extended Witten. He's locked up until 2022 if he wants. They won't release Witten for reasons that'll offend people.
Im a Witten fan. I think he's a top 3 TE all-time, but what other play can hang around if their skills have diminished this much?
Emmitt was still ok, but got released. TO was Still a top 7 receiver and got released. DEz is still the best receiver on this team and got released. By the way, Free retired. he didn't get released. Oh yeah, the GREATEST guard of all time got released while he was still very good. Larry Allen. Witten is untouchable though. He's still useful but mostly as a blocker and locker room guy. I wonder why that is.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
He must be a big influence on his teammates as well since they keep voting him in as team captain.
The same thing happens at regular jobs. Certain guys are company men and kiss up to the boss and get certain privileges. Meanwhile the top employees get overlooked. Trust me I've seen it. Being voted captain isn't a surprise considering he's a hall of fame who's been on the team over a decade. Any team with a hall of fame on the roster will make that guy a captain. It wouldn't matter if you draft Jerry Rice and And Emmitt Smith. That' guy will still be captain. Also, Dez had a lot of influence and they want this to be Dak's team. That can't happen if he doesnt like the WR who's better and has more influence.
Thats why the Panthers released Steve Smith. They wanted it to be Cams team.

khiladi

Reaction score
a Bum that made it 2 seasons in a row with out landing on IR ... imo thats improvement to me .... Does not matter if you are THE best qb in the world " which Romo was not" if you cant be there on game day what good are you

Wow.. 2 seasons in a row while being below average a majority of the time..

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Wow.. 2 seasons in a row while being below average a majority of the time..

you can be the GOAT ... but if your only playing 50% or less of games. Availability is very important.... its on of the reasons people think Cousins is so great

khiladi

Reaction score
you can be the GOAT ... but if your only playing 50% or less of games. Availability is very important.... its on of the reasons people think Cousins is so great

Romo never played less than 50% of his games his whole career.

And people think Cousins is good, not great and it hardly has to do with longevity...